Where I do a lot of my summer writing or visit walking.

I don’t know.

Honestly, just something I’ve been seeing dermatologists notice on the net, no official study, just observations they have made.

I couldn’t understand why I wasn’t aging and never looking like the physical shit I felt when I was rebuilding the atrophy in my legs. I would walk around constantly in San Francisco feeling like a decaying zombie, and see a reflection of me in a buildings mirror and I looked young and healthy… couldnt flirt back with any of the womrn cause I was a hobo…one eithout even a sleeping bag, then when I could afford a used one, was a kids one, so went up to my belly button. I slept in poison ivy in drippy eucalyptus forests back then.

Honestly, my skin should of gone to absolute hell, but Im immune to most plant poisons on my skin… and SF isnt too bright. But my skin held up well in Hawaii too.

Think I just caught something when I first started eorking in the hospital dishroom. Thats when my symptoms first appeared, but nobody else had it. I thought I judt burnt or bleached my hand and neck.

It kept spreading.

It is supposed to be a immune system response, so I suppose sone disease that looks like skin tones cells on a molecular level in some way or sorts hot into me. But that doesnt explain how my face never really aged nomatter the duress.

This is a “fixed” pothole, found on my way to KFC.

More fucking chicken.

You must be glad to be out of the homeless situation…

…sounds like something out of Resident Evil :open_mouth:

Do you have a link on the skin condition that I might find useful?

I’m not really out, sleep in a military folding cot, in a garage surrounded by boxes, one plug, wash myself out of a pot. I technically had more sleeping outside. My goal is to live in a SUV by new years, then upgrade to a cargo van ASAP.

I want to get to the point where I have $100,000 in the bank and say “okay, I can go get a wife now” and get a house, but my camera has priority over that.

I also need to point out if you know what your doing, homelessness isn’t that bad. I was cleaner and better dressed than most of your friends were usually, and far more civilized.

It is hard at first, but you get into the rhythm. Small gains.

Many here have taken to the waters… I considered it at one point in my 20s, and again recently. We have a tonne of wharfs, quays and canals to choose from.

Do you have any links on vitiligo TF, that would be helpful in understanding the condition, that you would care to share?

Seeing new pinhead sized spots and all over mottling (which just looks like a fading tan) each morning isn’t boding well… but taking one day at a time on this one.

I seem to have also acquired a patch of psoriasis on my left thigh (now gone) and right elbow, which comes and goes like the tide… one moment gone, the next back and itchy as hell.

I blame all of the above on chemicals… which are a stressor in my case.

Unlikely Magsj that stress is the cause, just parallels in some of the chemical responses.

Take long jumping. Someone can have many of the same chemical markers in their body long jumping when running from a crazy tiger as when competing in the Olympics, minus the tiger.

You wouldn’t as a doctor looking at higher hormone levels usually found in the urine of those found to of been chased by tigers, to be the cause of your athlete’s signature imbalances, would you?

No… A quick questionnaire would very quickly conclude said person is a athlete, and the body only has so many mechanisms to do something.

Post the pics (no vag, nipple, or anus shots) and Dan and I can look it over. Remember, we aren’t doctors, but have experience. I know of many remedies, none work on all, and some people just seem fucked, but even in that case, I can easily refer you to some make-up artists who specialize in this. When I worked security in fashion boutique stores, some had the gayest fucking makeup artists in the universe… but they knew skin confitions like no other. They would know a million techniques that even the most fashionable of women used to not slapping makeup would not know.

But not all skin issues are vitigilo, and some are cancer, or other things… I did a absurd amount of research, read old medical reports, tried several “cures”…

Given your spot comes and goes is a good sign.

Take pictures (overcome your shame on this we don’t care) and also take pics of the exact opposite side of the body. It doesn’t always occur symmetrically, but usually does sorta have a pattern evident on the other side. Mine isn’t exactly symmetrical, but at the same time I’ve been running interference against it. Some people get perfect symmetry.

You won’t die from it if it is it, you can live a long, long life. Perhaps linger actually. You can tell apparently where it will emerge in the future under a UV/Black Light, wide future swatches of the body start dying off by grades you can’t see.

Furthermore, there are a few experimental medicines on the market… so eventually they will trickle down and become mainstream and affordable.

Take the pics, post them, and note if you do have it, it is the most minor of physical conditions you can possibly have, and it actually may even bring benefits, in the sense you gain certain immunities apparently to kinds of cancer… you might not care, but someone dying of a sun cancer would love to get what you have. IfbI knew how to give it to them I would too… people with vitigilo are allowed to donate blood, but never heard of it bring transmitted through blood. I would happily give it to everyone requesting it if I could.

Oh, do me a favor… keep all pictures, document it. Wish I had in the beginning.

Do this before starting any internet treatment. Your doctor is just gonna run biopsy and do nothing. Nothing much can be done.

Just… do the smart thing and make yourself a case study, provide pics, etc, and your crazy wacky diet plans (they do exist in the community, some stupid organic this and eat that crap). It will help others see what does and doesn’t work, both people with the disorder as well as researchers.

I don’t think Dan or I am either women nor dark skin, so it is gonna have a different level of psychological effect on you in your first year or two seeing the mutation of your skin. Just keep a part of yourself compartimentalized and document it, and be aware there likely isn’t one cause for this… multiple things may trigger it in people, and the results look similar because the skin has only so many different ways it can react. A philosopher is a good scientist in these situations, and if your onset, then your in a excellent position to better record and explain how your handling it, your emotions, how your tracking it, etc.

But if it is cancer, your so fucked. Was nice knowing you.

What! Dan has Vitiligo? squiggle Dan?

No, the psoriasis patch comes and goes… the spots do not, a few of which I’ve had for years, and now more wanna join da party. :neutral_face:

Tiny pale spots and a fading tan look do not shame make… for now, but I am going to be neither stressed or complacent about this.

How long have you had it for? Are we talking years here?

I’m gonna Google ‘causes’ now 8-[

Hmmm :confused:

Nah… that can be ruled out, but thanks for the pre-empted sympathy :icon-rolleyes:

In regard to causes, your mostly gonna get PH balance theories regarding Acid to Alkaline ranges, and/or blaming it on a intestinal yeast infection that prevents you from absorbing solid state foods on a nurutent basis, to microbiota disorders that we know next to nothing about. Some treat it like scurvy, others like it is a autoimmune disorder.

Treatments are all over the place, some just take liquid multivitamins and it goes away, others it seems to have no effect. Some like drinking apple vinegar before eating and gobble fish oil did diddly jack, but some parts of me react to specific multivitimins, but only if a large enough area is burned. Others resurrected suntaning lotions banned back in the 80s due to byrning/cancer risks (we got certain immunities in lackimg pigment cells) that you can get off amazon for $30 that burns the skin ehen exposed to the sun.

Alot of treatments include targeted UV Lamps and Steroids, butbthe sterouds thin the skin.

I can only give credence to the B Vitamin complexes, as wude a range you can find, and Zinc-Copper combos. Thats not exoensive if you live in the west. I cant afford a UV lamo, but walk alot in the sun. My hand is recovering in it’s largest blimish, but not smaller areas… My eyes turn pink and a more normal hue, but Im inconsistent in doing this… I guess I squint when walking, and the squint marks dont tan.

But… like I said elsewhere, there is a whole realm of floppery regarding vegetarian meals and GNC suppliments. I got a feeling you will go that complicated bullshit route before just taking liquid multivitamin suppliments. Alot of organic eating vegetarians hobestly dont know how to eat right, so in their case might just be dietary.

Of course, I can be wrong about everything.

So you’ve had the condition for a few years? If it spread all over would you then technically be an albino?

I’ll DM you some pics tomorrow…

I haven’t mentioned anything about it to my doctor, as I’ve been referred to about 5 different clinics for my current issue, so this one can wait.

I’ve seen the symptoms for two or maybe three years, time is a murky matter for me in general.

No, not technically a albino, unless you lose all pigment, everywhere, including eyes and hair. That is rare. Albinos can’t produce pigmentation period. A person with vitigilo can. Just, something is attacking it in areas of the body. Most likely our own bodies.

Since I first noticed mine in a hospital dish room, with a machine that would puke all over me, I assume I got a infection for something else, my super immune system monkey stomped it, and coincidentally the chemical signature for that and my skin pigmentation looks early similar to my T Cells.

Again, could be wrong as fuck, perhaps I had it years before. It seems like it is recessive in all humans on a genetic level, as I’ve seen chimps and other animals get it too.

DM wouldn’t accept the images so posting a couple here…

I cannot discern whether the mottled parts are simply years of a build up of fading tans or something more sinister, but the pale spots are definitely not so :neutral_face: these are appearing daily, but remain small.

Wouldn’t say it yet. You might just have skin discoloration on your leg from anything, keep updating it, and keep an eye on the opposite sides of the body (left hand right hand)

Can’t even see it on your hand.

The many new additions of pale dots I have acquired over the last few days isn’t even funny :neutral_face: They are definitely not due to natural loss of melanin production due to getting older.

I blame it on da chemicals maan… I will enquire about this when I attend my first CF clinic (when I eventually get to attend: cancelled twice now… the 11th and 26th/tomorrow).

I wouldn’t be surprised if the local anaesthetic I had a few months back accelerated the ‘process’, as well as turning my usual quiescent temperament into a very aggressive one :blush: …and I thought that it was only tequila that did that to me up until that day, but no! I’m not good with ALL chemicals, or so it seems.

Having evaded a blood transfusion and serious anaphylaxis, I could still end up in one of these :neutral_face: but the second one would make the chore a pleasure :wink:

While I can’t rule it out, I very, very, very much doubt any given chemical did this. If you did, the factory they make it in would of noted it.

And you don’t have it yet. Not from the pictures you showed me. I kinda know what to look for. Ask Dan as he claims to have it too.

I can barely see in in my face this morning. Took a picture, but my camera wasn’t picking it up in a somewhat dark bathroom. More obvious in sunlight.

I think my right army is starting to heal up from the center out of some of my spots. They were not that old to begin with.

TF,

You ever taken any prescription meds that warned against sun exposure?

That anaesthetic floored me (I couldn’t get off the sofa for 4 days… outstretched face down, one arm hanging to the floor) so it definitely had an effect on me and my immune system. It’s not going to happen to anyone else, because everyone else is not allergic to local anaesthetic… or so the medical profession keep telling me, so it is just me. :cry:

This is getting out of hand, and it is peeing me off.