who are we worshiping

Many fetishise money and abuse themselves with drugs but I don’t think “worship” is the right word.

Modern man, in the traditions of the West, worship only themselves.

I do not.
Speak for yourself!
Why do you worship yourself?

Why? Chimp mating habits.

Women are attracted to wealthy, confident men, who love themselves, and barely care about them. Women are disgusted by men who love them, and build their happiness around their love.

I do not indulge in either, so perhaps it appears to me to be like that, but it does seem to be a new version of God… faith in the drug… and all that.

I don’t.

What, so it’s everyone else but you that you stand judgement on. Is that right?

Lev,
Don’t you believe you are god’s replacement? I do not judge everyone else. I have no right to judge you except when you ridicule beliefs of many. I offer no ridicule; just an awareness that those who believe there is no god would probably see themselves as god. That you don’t makes me feel better about you.

In order that i believe I am god replacement, I would have to believe there was ever any such thing as god.
Your comments stood you in judgement of “Western man” if I remember. I’ll not look back as I imagine you know what you said.
I’m puzzled that you think a belief in god is tantamount to seeing themselves as god, though I have been witness to many ‘believers’ taking grievous liberties with others in the name of god.
Because I am powerless to stop this horror, I have only one recourse, and that is ridicule. There is nothing more ridiculous than the Lord’s Prayer.
It makes a servant of man, but builds him up only to dash him down to the swallows.
I remember your insult, but you are wrong my ridicule stems from understanding, not from ignorance.

I dont get why everyone makes a big deal about “judging people.” Isnt that what people do every day? I mean, you judge even your own family. You have constant processes determining their intent, whether they are lying, joking, or being nice to you. Without any judgement mechanism, youd be dead in the wild.

There are different types of judgment–the ordinary assessments of others intentions and listening to those who believe that your heartfelt beliefs are just wrong.

the important thing here is who are we following…not worshipping

I dont have twitter, so I dont follow anyone.

I think hashtags are gay.

You seem to be following yourself only. If that is the case, yourself is god for you.