Why do bad things happen when God exists?

RF, I have had experiences similar to what you describe above. My question is that they are part of situations that appear to be paranormal simply because we are fairly ignorant of what mind is capable of doing?
“If the doors of perception were cleansed;
We’d see everything as it is–Infinite”. Blake
Also, the rain doesn’t care if it depresses me. Nature is neutral! You’re evoking the super-natural.

with the way coincidences stack, they are both a part of the paranormal at the same time as not. There is always a logical explanation for it that people can attribute to it, until the coincidences stack in such a way as to make that impossible except for the logical conclusion being that the paranormal does exist and in most instances can be explained in such terms of logic as accepted by the majority who are largely ignorant one way or the other. Some people enjoy the rain, but not always. Some people enjoy the sun, but not always.

God has given us the intellect to either question or accept – it is up to us to decide. If we believe and trust, then we will accept in divine surrender, or we can continue questioning till our breath ceases to exist.

AiR

So after all the work to get us to a level of knowledge we are supposed to stop learning.

I tend to think that questioning leads to intercourse with the divine. Divine surrender is death.

Of course, it’s not a black and white, mutually exclusive situation as you portray it. There is always a mix of questioning and acceptance.

What if you have the type of mind that questions much and accepts, without questioning, very little?
We know so little about what minds are capable of doing that we use the word paranormal as if those events so designated have existence outside of minds. I’ve had experiences with prophetic dreams and “ghosts” and can only suggest that these phenomena stem from places in the mind, of which we are not yet able to realize in “objective/subjective” mental analysis.
Back to the OP–good and bad are subjective evaluations. There exists no objective good or bad.