Work Ethic

Sweetheart,

There is a world of difference between " Work ethic has nothing to do with hard work " and " In my opinion, work ethic doesn’t have anything to…". It’s not a nuance, baby. Get your shit together.

Big up yourself.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud71mm2TxP4[/youtube]

I find it to be a synchronic oddity that Von Rivers comes out of the woodwork right after I use his own terminology: " Straightforwardly false ".

Did I summon him by doing that? Is there something magical about that term?

Yea it’s like the bat-signal…

Lump said that Kant has written nothing relevant. Lev said that Lump just hasn’t read Kant. This is obviously a conversation going nowhere, so of course wasting time I had to put a word in, most likely to go nowhere…

The only thing Lev mentioned was the CI. --I have read Kant, and saw nothing relevant, and the Categorical Imperative doesn’t make Kant relevant. This I’m happy to defend. I’ll dress it up a bit: if Kant had only written the Groundwork and his second Critique, nobody would have ever heard of Kant. The point of the CI, as I see it, is to give Kant’s (biblical) principle of the Golden Rule a theoretical foundation in reason—because that is what some folks did in the Age of Reason. If you want to think Kant relevant on the basis of his theoretical justification of the CI, please do. Enlighten me. But until then, I speak to you thusly: The Categorical Imperative is a sandwich like any other sandwich—it matters not who made it, or when. Those things are irrelevant, unless perhaps the sandwich is really old. Ethical principles are like sandwiches. The ingredients make it… not the name that wrapped it. And Kant’s ingredients suck.

Kant is relevant because of the first Critique. But that’s off-topic.

Say “take Kant’s dick out of your mouth” and it’s only a matter of time til Von Rivers shows up.

Burn…^^^^^^

Von, aren’t you going to address this? You can’t let him just get away with this…

Do the right thing, Von - the moral thing and show this arse who is boss! :violence-ak47:

I have told so many people to take Kant’s dick out of their mouth… He was just implying it’s a catch phrase to me. No real diss.

I should learn some of these phrases of conjuration of von rivers, for when I’m in need of company.

Von, she wants the D!

You need to take advantage of this situation - cut the Byronic bullshit already. Pounce! Attack!

Vincent Van Gogh and the Importance of Doing!
(which in this case IS a term for the work ethic.

On Think Jar Collective, creativity author Michael Michalko examines the work ethic of artist Vincent van Gogh. He persistently labored on his craft every single day; creating over 2000 sketches and paintings within a decade. He understood that improving your skills through hard work furthered your ability more than having talent and not employing it. Here are the key lessons Michalko learned from van Gogh:

1.Get started: Don’t wait for everything to be perfect. “Just slap anything on when you see a blank canvas staring you in the face like some imbecile,” said van Gogh.

2.Do the work: Commit to your goals and go through the motions to achieve it – whether the outcome is good or bad. Vincent van Gogh believed if you do nothing, you are nothing.

3.Work for yourself: The longer you work and figure things out for yourself, the more active your brain becomes. An active brain is a more creative brain.

Vincent van Gogh did not resolve to become an artist until his late twenties. His cousin, a successful artist, even suggested van Gogh choose a different profession because he possessed no natural talent. It was through sheer work and perseverance that he became the artist that we know him as today.

Doing and working arduously is synonomous and akin to a great work ethic.

Discipline, hard work, commitment, sticktuitiveness even when you would like nothing more than to give up - is having a great work ethic.