Chaos Magick, Hakim Bey and Moorish Science

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Forum rules
Forum Philosophy

Chaos Magick, Hakim Bey and Moorish Science

Postby hermes the thrice great » Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:08 am

Is there anybody out there that knows anything about good ol Hakim Bey? Or the Lovely Moorish Science Temple? or Chaos Magick?
hermes the thrice great
The Snoop Dogg of Wisdom

Postby SeekerForTruth » Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:14 am

I think Hakim Bey's Philosophy is where you rely on human instincts and primitive ways of life to live? I dont know. But would you explain about him?
To be a philosopher is not merely to have subtle thoughts, nor even to found a school, but so to love wisdom as to live according to its dictates a life of simplicity, independence, magnanimity, and trust. It is to solve some of the problems of life, not only theoretically, but practically. - Henry David Thoreau
SeekerForTruth

Re: Chaos Magick, Hakim Bey and Moorish Science

Postby Sagesound » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:08 am

hermes the thrice great wrote:Is there anybody out there that knows anything about good ol Hakim Bey? Or the Lovely Moorish Science Temple? or Chaos Magick?

I loved his writings on ontological anarchism in Temporary Autonomous Zone. Under the name Peter Lamborn Wilson he wrote an interesting lecture called Islam and the Internet, detailing his thoughts about the net being a religious phenomenon. Also a piece called The Anti-Caliph, which is an interesting read about Islamic heretics and the such.
I know the truth about ILP.
Sagesound
Sagaciously Auditorial

Return to Philosophy