Lies do not Exist

The problem is not people always lying, but people always telling the truth. People always tell the truth.

It is not until we disbelieve each other, and disbelieve the truth we say, that lies become possible.

It is not until a human animal can deny truth that lies can exist.

So is it then possible for human animals to deny truth?

I don’t think so. All the human animal can deny is his or her interpretation of language. But the human is far too devolved an organism to deny truth, yet.

People don’t always tell the truth, that’s why they can often be disbelieved. Then there are those people who’ve been deluded or have deluded themselves into believing that what they say, or what other people say, is the truth. This happens all the time in politics. People honestly believe a piss-poor presidential candidate will ‘save the country’ because s/ he belongs to a given political party. Then, there are two major kinds of lies–RCs call them lies of ‘commission’ and lies of ‘omission.’ Finally, the committed lies can be ‘white lies,’ fibs, or ‘it’s none of your business’ kinds of lies.

So I’d say we humans are quite adept at lying and we do it all the time, either consciously or unconsciously. And truth, like beauty, is in the eye, or mind, of the beholder.

I’m not a “fan” of your work, liz, so I’m not going to respond to your responses, sorry. Better luck next screenname.

I’m not a “fan” of your response. Please read the Forum rules, notable 2.1 and 2.2, and be advised that any subsequent breaches will lead to a warning.

I’m sorry, tc. (Actually, I’m not sorry, but I can’t apologize for what I say. I can only apologize for apparent tone of voice, is all.) I don’t use any other screen name–my name is my name and I am who I am.

It’s okay if you don’t want to respond, I was trying to prime the pump, is all. --Liz :slight_smile:

I’m reporting you for going off topic and ruining a perfectly fine thread! Ooohhhhhh, what now?? :banana-dance:

Consider my pump primed. :wink:

By the way, “better luck next screenname” means better luck to the NEXT PERSON who replies to this thread, duh.

I can see the po po is coming to shut a good thread down, like usual.

So I’ll just give you knuckleheads the answer already. Because I’m such a nice guy.

Lies are disbeliefs of truth. Lies are disbeliefs. Because Truth is ever present, omnipresent. Truth cannot become denied. That is why all denials are lies. It is impossible to deny what is apparent, except by ignorance as an attempt to ignore. But ignorance is a failure, a failure to continue to witness truth.

Covered under forum rule 3.1, as communicated by PM. Your reply is not. Any further offtopic timewasting will be met with a warning (although probably not a thread-locking) and the appropriate ban.

You’re too late! I already gave the answer to this thread: lies are attempted disbeliefs in already apparent truths. /thread

Then, I say again, most of us are liars.

You said, "Lies are disbeliefs of truth. Lies are disbeliefs. " A disbelief is the inability or, perhaps reluctance, to accept something as true. When you go to the theater, for example, you’re willing to suspend your disbelief and accept what’s happening on either the stage or the screen as ‘real.’

But what happens when what you disbelieve turns out to be true, or real? Did you ever see the movie Big Fish? It’s an excellent example of just such an occurrence. The question then becomes who’s the liar–the teller of what you believe are highly imaginative ‘tall tales,’ that turn out to be true or you, because you didn’t believe him?

There’s nothing wrong with a certain amount of skepticism, Cartesian Doubt, whatever you want to call it, as long as it doesn’t become belligerent to the point where one cannot and will not accept any point of view but his own.

Btw, I don’t think you can end threads, you just have to let them die the slow, lingering death that takes them further and further down the page due to lack of responses. :slight_smile:

Lies are only possible if and when we defy other people’s expectations of logic, physics, reality, or universal laws.

You must have missed the part where someone intentionally says something that is not actually the case specifically to give someone else the wrong impression. Have you never done that?

All posts on this thread are lies :^o

I could not have ever done that unless I’ve known The Truth.

Liar!

At least you’re telling the truth though, ZenKitty.

Define truth.

Lies start with self-doubt. When we take someone else’s word over our own logic, we accidentally adopt a lie. The lie is that we know the truth, without actually understanding how we know it, other than, “That’s what he/she told me.”

When people say, “x doesn’t exist”. I always wonder how they’re going to explain what they’re referencing, or how they’re going to dilute the definition of exist.

Good show,smears. LOL