The Soul

What are you?

• I’m a robot.
  • I feel I have a soul.
0 voters

What is the soul?

What is that feeling of what some call “free-will” that one can have?

Is it that for those who don’t have that feeling those just don’t have a soul?(they’re robots :slight_smile: :open_mouth: )

Soul is all that energy running amok in our skull. Its that which is us. Science teaches us energy does not cease it changes. When you turn your Tv or radio off or unplug them the song or show is still being played. Our bodies are bio machines that emit and recieve energy. It stores energy. We are that energy, when our body shuts down that energy still exists.

From here:

[i]Robot (Wiki) - A robot is a mechanical device that can perform tasks automatically.

Mechanical (google) - Working or produced by machines or machinery.

Machine (Wiki) - A machine is a tool consisting of one or more parts that is constructed to achieve a particular goal.

We were not intended. We do not have a purpose. We were not constructed to achieve anything. We are an inevitable reaction.

Therefore, we are not robots. [/i]

I don’t think I need to explain why we don’t have free-will.

You’ve created a false dichotomy.

(Also, based on the comments you made in the other thread, I’ll suggest you read about Hard Determinism)

Nice appeal to emotion.

Pathetic.

That is “spirit”.
Don’t confuse “soul” with “spirit”.

Soul ≡ the fundamental definition of an individual being/person (related to the “sole” of a shoe being the basis and fundamental purpose of a shoe).

Spirit ≡ the actions, efforts, and behavior of a being or person; the host energy within (from where we get “ghost” - ghe-host, spirit-host).

I’m not being literal i guess about the robot thing, I’m just jokingly using that for the I feel i have no soul part.

And i wasn’t being rhetorical with my question i wasn’t saying we do have free-will i am honestly asking what is that feeling we get that some call free-will some call just soul and i am sure some call other things.?

A winter’s day
In a deep and dark December;
I am alone,
Gazing from my window to the streets below
On a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

I’ve built walls,
A fortress deep and mighty,
That none may penetrate.
I have no need of friendship; friendship causes pain.
It’s laughter and it’s loving I disdain.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

Don’t talk of love,
But I’ve heard the words before;
It’s sleeping in my memory.
I won’t disturb the slumber of feelings that have died.
If I never loved I never would have cried.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

I have my books
And my poetry to protect me;
I am shielded in my armor,
Hiding in my room, safe within my womb.
I touch no one and no one touches me.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

And a rock feels no pain;
And an island never cries.

I Am a Rock by Simon and Garfunkel

Emerging spirit maybe?

this isn’t an appeal to emotion in is an honest question about a feeling many of us seem to have. can you not answer what that feeling is?

I think you have to attack it because it gets you questioning.

Perhaps another name for it would be consciousness.

But the jury is still out as to whether or not there is such a thing as a soul. perhaps it is simply a mystical music bear dancing to the tune of our brains’s chemicals. Or perhaps it is simply those chemicals which create the soul in the moment. More star stuff.

Yes soul is a loaded word with many meanings for different people. perhaps i should use the word consciousness.

Use whatever terminology you feel, Abstract… Whatever word comes to you when you most feel turned on to life.
What is it in your mind which most turns you on to life?
You can also say that soul is qualia.

Love.?

Seems it’s the neural network, that will store memory as it can pass to others and possess them.

It was an appeal to emotion. Don’t waste your time denying it because it is obvious.

Regarding the second part of your comment, I don’t know what you’re talking about because you are being extremely abstract.
If you’re talking about the feeling of freedom, that stems from us not knowing the previous states of the universe and not being aware of the causes of our thoughts and as such, identifying with the contents that emerge into consciousness. if you’re talking about the feeling of “being”, then we should be talking about consciousness and not free will. If you’re talking about the “soul”, then that is white noise to me, because there is no evidence that supports such an hypothesis. If you’re talking about something else, be more specific.

Nonsense.

Make sure not to confuse leprechauns with goblins either. This is important.

I’m talking about consciousness. The feeling of awareness.