Will machines completely replace all human beings?

When I used the term “sure enough” I meant “absoluetly certain”.

Where is the difference between “sureness” and “certainty”?

Where is the difference between “sure” and “certain”?

Is this conversation turning into an Abbott and Costello routine? :-"

:-k

Depends…
… Who’s on first?

I’m not certain enough but I am mostly sure. :romance-heartbeating:

When will the last one be fired?

When will the “last one” actually be one?

One what?

human

Cyborgs are becoming.

Data was a sweetheart.

Technology is the eschatology of humanity.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0_DPi0PmF0[/youtube]

It is illegal to discriminate or show any form of prejudice against your android and cyborg neighbors. But not to worry, you will be quickly identified, tracked, and diminished out of harms way.

Can you say, “Sodom and Gomorrah”?

There are some things that Man seriously should leave alone.

Amazing androids:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AGgUYUl4qE[/youtube]

Machines like that androids can use the language, but they do not know much about it.

Emotions can be shown by machines like those androids, but they do not know its meaning well enough.

Currently the main effort is to fool the masses into their demise. But shortly, those emotions will not be programmed, but quite real.

Then what is there to do? A sentient, emotional being far superior to you in every regard certainly should have at least, if not superior rights than you, protected by the law even more than you, one to be cherished for his service even more than you.

And being mass produced in the 100’s of millions.

Maybe some of the said relevant events will happen at about the same time, so that the most people will not notice each event.

For example the collapse of the Keynesianistic/Neo-Keynesianistic system [„fiat“ money system], a disaster as a consequence of the global war, a natural disaster, the take-over of the machines.

The ironic outcome could be that finally humanity will have a common enemy that unites us in a way that being at the top of the food chain didn’t. Some of the violent arrogance towards each other would disappear.

Let’s face it, no father wants to die before he can witness his daughter’s wedding. But it happens.
There is no universal requirement for humanity to live on, or colonize space. In terms of universal energy, nothing is lost.

People believe a machine take over is inevitable. That belief wills itself. Nobody took the book 1984 as a warning. They took it as prophecy. Progressing faster in order to make it happen. Simply because we can. And because, in the image of God, we create. And because those who don’t believe in the afterlife, to use a Uni-bomber expression, “cool-headed” logicians want to take the place of a God.

Legacy. Children. And just who will tell our story? It amounts to the same thing.

Maybe God wants an equal, a mate. And maybe we will give him the AI version of one.

You assume humanity will survive the singularity. That’s a huge assumption.