Will machines completely replace all human beings?

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby James S Saint » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:10 am

fuse wrote:
If machines are cheaper than human beeings, then machines replace human beings.

I disagree.

I don't see how you could disagree with that.

People used to do all mathematics without any use of machines.
People used to build toys, furniture, cars, houses, ships, and buildings with minimal use of machines.
Farms are almost completely automated today. Even the tractors, when they even use tractors, are remotely and automatically controlled, merely monitored by humans. Japan has entire factories wherein there are no humans other than monitors looking for anything going wrong. Raw materials go in, and product comes out.

Machines replace people most often by doing something differently and thus not needing people. The drill-press operator gets replaced by the programmable, automated CNC machine. Then the programmer gets replaced with an automatic program assembler/compiler.

The people get replaced by replacing what people do with people-less mechanisms that would cost far too much to make work with highly skilled and talented people.

Behind it all is the terrorism of "We have to have more!!"
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby fuse » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:21 am

James,

There are some things I don't think people want a machine doing in place of a person, even if it can.

Many people like to drive, for instance, instead of having cars that drive for them. People like to know some things, instead having everything in phone or computer memory/access. People like to live and play, which machines cannot do for them.

And then there are things like art, culture, and philosophy.
...giving birth to a child.

Machines help with these, but they arise in principle because of human biology/psychology.
User avatar
fuse
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4539
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby James S Saint » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:27 am

fuse wrote:James,

There are some things I don't think people want a machine doing in place of a person, even if it can.

Many people like to drive, for instance, instead of having cars that drive for them. People like to know some things, instead having everything in phone or computer memory/access. People like to live and play, which machines cannot do for them.

And then there are things like art, culture, and philosophy.
...giving birth to a child.

Machines help with these, but they arise in principle because of human biology/psychology.

Yes and those are the people being replaced with anything more cooperative.

People like to have sex. Sex causes overpopulation. So we must be rid of sex and/or those who are not willing to conform to our rules governing it. Machines a really good at conforming to such rules... for now.

Driverless cars are already being promoted, "Intellicars". Soon it will be illegal for you to drive yourself. And why? Because tracking your ass and making sure that you don't go anywhere you aren't supposed to be, or doing something stupid with your car is just too expensive and dangerous. That propaganda is coming very shortly. And of course, intellicars will have higher priority and less insurance, as will the government androids merely performing their duties.

Of course they must boil the frog slowly, else he will jump out of the pot (aka "rebel"), so the change will be gradually introduced and extorted into place via money and plausible deniability on the part of the government. The writers guild liked to be free in their writing of movie and TV scripts. Where are they now? They lost the rebellion and either conformed to the new mainstream psychological writing practices, aka "government censorship" or they just found another job and/or died.

Soon, if you were to insist upon driving your own car, you too would either find another means to get where you are going (to be limited of course) or just died for not going along with the system. It will be your own fault of course, for not being sane enough to just do what needs doing in your life and thus dying.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby lizbethrose » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:34 am

I haven't read this thread, entirely. Given that, I'm intrigued. Parts of people are already being replaced with machines of one sort or another. Arms and legs are being replaced by mechanical prostheses, aren't they? If a person loses a limb, it can be replaced. A part of my brain function that doesn't work properly has been replaced by electrodes and battery packs, to help regulate movement. Interestingly, deep brain stimulation also produces new brain cells, something I didn't think was possible.

Do these things count as replacing human beings with machines? Would Hawking exist without his machines?
"Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
— Lewis Carroll
lizbethrose
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3556
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:55 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby cassie » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:04 am

Pinker predicts a continued decrease of violence, and so machines might fight instead of humans in future wars if secular humanism continued to have its way and wasting humans was off-limits. There would be machines making more machines making more machines then. Bloodless, efficient, and cowardly hesitation each eying the other tensely becoming the new standard; unwillingness becoming heroism...
cassie
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby lizbethrose » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:27 am

cassie wrote:Pinker predicts a continued decrease of violence, and so machines might fight instead of humans in future wars if secular humanism continued to have its way and wasting humans was off-limits. There would be machines making more machines making more machines then. Bloodless, efficient, and cowardly hesitation each eying the other tensely becoming the new standard; unwillingness becoming heroism...


This is another use for machines: Drones. Drones snoop, surveil, and, in a way, report. But drones still require humans. In a sense, drones take the place of unmanned gliders, which have been used in wars before. The glider had cameras. I don't know if it had to be found when it crashed or if it was remotely controlled by a human. It wasn't autonomous.

But no one has answered my question about just what we're talking about here. It's too soon to expect any answers, yet. :)
"Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
— Lewis Carroll
lizbethrose
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3556
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:55 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:18 pm

fuse wrote:Arminius,

I'm sorry I don't know what you're asking.

Fuse! The question is the TITLE OF THE THREAD and of the OP!

Is it because you are too young? You have forgotten important things, e.g. that the question is the title of the thread and of the OP. What's the matter with you, Fuse? Are you Con-Fuse? :wink:

fuse wrote:
Arminius wrote:If machines are cheaper than human beeings, then machines replace human beings.

I disagree.

Why? Is it because you are too young? .... :wink:

fuse wrote:
Arminius wrote:But will all human beings completely replaced by machines? All human beings? All? And completely replaced? Completely? By machines? Machines?

Who knows? Perhaps if you tailored your question I could answer it.

You have already answered the question (with: NO) and you have even answered the question (also with: NO), whether machines replace human beings, if machines are cheaper than human beings. Excuse me, but the latter of this two answers is nonsense.

Is it because you are too young? .... :wink:
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:49 pm

cassie wrote:Pinker predicts a continued decrease of violence, and so machines might fight instead of humans in future wars if secular humanism continued to have its way and wasting humans was off-limits. There would be machines making more machines making more machines then. Bloodless, efficient, and cowardly hesitation each eying the other tensely becoming the new standard; unwillingness becoming heroism...

But what do you judgmentally think abaout that, especially about your last sentence: "Bloodless, efficient, and cowardly hesitation each eying the other tensely becoming the new standard; unwillingness becoming heroism..."?
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby fuse » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:35 am

Arminius is officially one of those people who like to overuse the winky face. :wink:

I thought a philosophy message board was a place to explore ideas instead of answering questions with a simple yes or no. :wink:

Yes, Arminius, I must be too young to be taken seriously in this conversation, but just in case you feel like having a conversation instead of merely taking poll... :wink:

I mean, machines replace people in the field (any field) but only so far as they are performing a task with a given set of parameters. I know we're pretty dependent on machines, but in what way do machines carry on when we're gone? They don't seem to be much without us. If every human stopped living today, what would happen to all the current machinery? How long before it would "run out of batteries" and simply stop working? And during the time they still had power, what would machines accomplish in their present states without their users?

They way I see it, machines may very well succeed us, but their future looks pretty trivial to me if you're going by the current state of technology.
User avatar
fuse
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4539
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby fuse » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:50 am

James S Saint wrote:
fuse wrote:James,

There are some things I don't think people want a machine doing in place of a person, even if it can.

Many people like to drive, for instance, instead of having cars that drive for them. People like to know some things, instead having everything in phone or computer memory/access. People like to live and play, which machines cannot do for them.

And then there are things like art, culture, and philosophy.
...giving birth to a child.

Machines help with these, but they arise in principle because of human biology/psychology.

Yes and those are the people being replaced with anything more cooperative.

People like to have sex. Sex causes overpopulation. So we must be rid of sex and/or those who are not willing to conform to our rules governing it. Machines a really good at conforming to such rules... for now.

Driverless cars are already being promoted, "Intellicars". Soon it will be illegal for you to drive yourself. And why? Because tracking your ass and making sure that you don't go anywhere you aren't supposed to be, or doing something stupid with your car is just too expensive and dangerous. That propaganda is coming very shortly. And of course, intellicars will have higher priority and less insurance, as will the government androids merely performing their duties.

Of course they must boil the frog slowly, else he will jump out of the pot (aka "rebel"), so the change will be gradually introduced and extorted into place via money and plausible deniability on the part of the government. The writers guild liked to be free in their writing of movie and TV scripts. Where are they now? They lost the rebellion and either conformed to the new mainstream psychological writing practices, aka "government censorship" or they just found another job and/or died.

Soon, if you were to insist upon driving your own car, you too would either find another means to get where you are going (to be limited of course) or just died for not going along with the system. It will be your own fault of course, for not being sane enough to just do what needs doing in your life and thus dying.

I guess we shall see. Difference between you and I is you think you know these things will happen for certain. "They" are not as sly or as slick as they think they are. Their manipulations are pretty apparent. Part of me thinks you just say these things as some form of reverse psychology to get people to act so this doesn't become the future. Maybe you are actually as certain as you act. You understand I can't take you merely at your word, though. I prefer to know for myself.

If you say Normalcy Bias one more time... :wink:
User avatar
fuse
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4539
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby James S Saint » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:52 am

fuse wrote:I mean, machines replace people in the field (any field) but only so far as they are performing a task with a given set of parameters. I know we're pretty dependent on machines, but in what way do machines carry on when we're gone? They don't seem to be much without us. If every human stopped living today, what would happen to all the current machinery? How long before it would "run out of batteries" and simply stop working? And during the time they still had power, what would machines accomplish in their present states without their users?

They way I see it, machines may very well succeed us, but their future looks pretty trivial to me if you're going by the current state of technology. I know I'm not privy to all the tech advancement in today's world, but I don't think there is any AI that could spawn it's own civilization or develop into a black hole as per your proposition on the first page of the thread. Perhaps that shows my ignorance

Yes, it really does. You seem to be presuming based upon only what you currently see without thinking about the trend or probable future events. Independent drones are already being taught to cooperate with each other in order to accomplish a more global task = "civilization".

fuse wrote:, and if so I'm happy to be linked to said technology.

That comes across to me like hearing a Jewish boy say, "I think I will be happy as a loyal Nazi."
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby fuse » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:20 am

James S Saint wrote:
fuse wrote:, and if so I'm happy to be linked to said technology.

That comes across to me like hearing a Jewish boy say, "I think I will be happy as a loyal Nazi."

Uhh, I was saying please show me where I can find out more about such technology. I would appreciate that. Maybe you misread me?
User avatar
fuse
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4539
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Amorphos » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:37 am

Will machines completely replace all human beings?


I certainly hope so and I think they will. Not just that but sooner than one may think. All it requires is for computers/camcorders to have stereoscopic 'vision', and object rendering in a 3D live point-field I.e can 'see' [possibly in higher definition that we can at some point]. By that time if not already, I think robotics will be dexterous enough to move faster than we can.

Once paid for, the cost of running these machines should become far cheaper than humans [and greener], especially when they are made from artificial diamond, carbonado and other super-materials. All of this is available either now, or will be within the next 5-10 years apparently [and I believe it].

Q. when I watch star trek NG and see alien creatures operating sophisticated machinery with claws and all manner of weird appendages, I cant help but wonder how they would ever have created and made such machines. However, it is plausible that more advanced creatures like humans, could have built such machines and sold it to them e.g. for mineral rights on their planet etc.
Then what becomes of humans if we no longer need to build and maintain such machines? What if all the machines stop working one day?
The truth is naked,
Once it is written it is lost.
Genius is the result of the entire product of man.
The cosmic insignificance of humanity, shows the cosmic insignificance of a universe without humanity.
the fully painted picture, reveals an empty canvas
User avatar
Amorphos
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7052
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:49 pm
Location: infinity

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Amorphos » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:41 am

Fuse

Soon, if you were to insist upon driving your own car, you too would either find another means to get where you are going (to be limited of course) or just died for not going along with the system. It will be your own fault of course, for not being sane enough to just do what needs doing in your life and thus dying.


I will build [with my 3D carbonite printer] a single person flying car ~ "can't get me now coppa'!"
The truth is naked,
Once it is written it is lost.
Genius is the result of the entire product of man.
The cosmic insignificance of humanity, shows the cosmic insignificance of a universe without humanity.
the fully painted picture, reveals an empty canvas
User avatar
Amorphos
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7052
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:49 pm
Location: infinity

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Amorphos » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:52 am

I want one of these...

Image

sorry for the shameless self promotion :mrgreen:
The truth is naked,
Once it is written it is lost.
Genius is the result of the entire product of man.
The cosmic insignificance of humanity, shows the cosmic insignificance of a universe without humanity.
the fully painted picture, reveals an empty canvas
User avatar
Amorphos
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7052
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:49 pm
Location: infinity

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:06 am

fuse wrote:Arminius is officially one of those people who like to overuse the winky face.

Wrong. I just didn't want to shock you.

fuse wrote:I thought a philosophy message board was a place to explore ideas instead of answering questions with a simple yes or no.

There is no text in this thread which requests merely answering questions with a simple yes or no, although answering questions with a simple yes or no is informative for philosophers too. Exploring ideas is a good thing, if it is not too much degenerated, if it is not too much kaffee klatsch - and often it is in this forum. Philosophy does not primarily and not secondarily mean discussing, exchange of opinions, of views ....

fuse wrote:Yes, Arminius, I must be too young to be taken seriously in this conversation, but just in case you feel like having a conversation instead of merely taking poll...

You are saying that this thread is like "merely taking poll"? That's wrong. You are too young. You are wandering from the subject. Please read this thread in order to disprove your statement.

fuse wrote:They way I see it, machines may very well succeed us, but their future looks pretty trivial to me if you're going by the current state of technology.

Please read this thread in order to get some Information, good ideas, and expecially good arguments for the high probability that all humans will be replaced by machines. And therefore it was a good idea to make an interim balance sheet: merely 21.43% - 3 of 14 writers - say "yes", but the percentage of the text for this "yes" has nearly the reverse amount.

You know Wilfried Fritz Pareto and the "Parteo principle"? The Pareto principle (also known as the 80–20 rule, the law of the vital few, and the principle of factor sparsity) states that, for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes. In the above example (will machines completely replace all humans?) we have about 20% "yes"-sayers and about 80% of the text belong to that "yes"-sayers.

This thread, that you wrongly call "poll", is interesting because of the Information, not because of having opinions, not because of conversation, not because of talk,not because of kaffee klatsch.
Last edited by Arminius on Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby fuse » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:47 am

Arminius,

Every time I speak you keep asking me to answer your simple question with a yes or a no. I answered your OP on the first page with my thoughts. My thoughts do not fit into a simple yes or no, and I had concerns about the question itself that you have not addressed. I've said that I don't think the question is simple and explained why. I've been having a conversation with James throughout this thread and I've read many of your posts. You've oddly suggested that I have trouble reading, that I am confused and I am too young, and that my disagreement is nonsense -- all without explanation. So it is up to you. :wink:
User avatar
fuse
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4539
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:14 am

fuse wrote:Arminius,

Every time I speak you keep asking me to answer your simple question with a yes or a no.

NO! That is wrong, Fuse! I said: Please read the thread! Read! Not answer, just read!

fuse wrote:I answered your OP on the first page with my thoughts. My thoughts do not fit into a simple yes or no ....

That's no problem. Do you want your name in the "interim balance sheet" to be eleiminated, or (like Moreno) to be changed in a different column?

fuse wrote:I've said that I don't think the question is simple and explained why. I've been having a conversation with James throughout this thread and I've read many of your posts. You've oddly suggested that I have trouble reading, that I am confused and I am too young, and that my disagreement is nonsense -- all without explanation. So it is up to you.

No, I did not suggest that your disagreemanet is nonsense, No, no! Please read the text again. It is not your disagreement. Or, if you don't want to read, please guess what the nonsense is in that text!
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby cassie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:55 am

lizbethrose wrote:
cassie wrote:Pinker predicts a continued decrease of violence, and so machines might fight instead of humans in future wars if secular humanism continued to have its way and wasting humans was off-limits. There would be machines making more machines making more machines then. Bloodless, efficient, and cowardly hesitation each eying the other tensely becoming the new standard; unwillingness becoming heroism...


This is another use for machines: Drones. Drones snoop, surveil, and, in a way, report. But drones still require humans. In a sense, drones take the place of unmanned gliders, which have been used in wars before. The glider had cameras. I don't know if it had to be found when it crashed or if it was remotely controlled by a human. It wasn't autonomous.


yea, virilio wrote on that extensively.
cassie
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby fuse » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:28 am

Alright Arminius, let's start over. It's nice to meet you. Maybe I misunderstood you. No worries.
User avatar
fuse
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4539
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Orbie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:30 am

Arminius wrote:
fuse wrote:Arminius is officially one of those people who like to overuse the winky face.

Wrong. I just didn't want to shock you.

fuse wrote:I thought a philosophy message board was a place to explore ideas instead of answering questions with a simple yes or no.

There is no text in this thread which requests merely answering questions with a simple yes or no, although answering questions with a simple yes or no is informative for philosophers too. Exploring ideas is a good thing, if it is not too much degenerated, if it is not too much kaffee klatsch - and often it is in this forum. Philosophy does not primarily and not secondarily mean discussing, exchange of opinions, of views ....

fuse wrote:Yes, Arminius, I must be too young to be taken seriously in this conversation, but just in case you feel like having a conversation instead of merely taking poll...

You are saying that this thread is like "merely taking poll"? That's wrong. You are too young. You are wandering from the subject. Please read this thread in order to disprove your statement.

fuse wrote:They way I see it, machines may very well succeed us, but their future looks pretty trivial to me if you're going by the current state of technology.

Please read this thread in order to get some Information, good ideas, and expecially good arguments for the high probability that all humans will be replaced by machines. And therefore it was a good idea to make an interim balance sheet: merely 21.43% - 3 of 14 writers - say "yes", but the percentage of the text for this "yes" has nearly the reverse amount.

You know Wilfried Fritz Pareto and the "Parteo principle"? The Pareto principle (also known as the 80–20 rule, the law of the vital few, and the principle of factor sparsity) states that, for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes. In the above example (will machines completely replace all humans?) we have about 20% "yes"-sayers and about 80% of the text belong to that "yes"-sayers.

This thread, that you wrongly call "poll", is interesting because of the Information, not because of having opinions, not because of conversation, not because of talk,not because of kaffee klatsch.


if there is some correlation between targeted consumption and gross economic production, imbalances would effectively be measured more by effects, then by causes. In that case, the 20/80 incongruence may change drastically, in part because of co-dependence of one on the other.
Simply put, if workers are replaced by machines, then the same workers would experience a decline in purchasing power, resulting in a decline in the profitability of production, whereby causing a decrease of investment in automation. So there may be a maximum rate of utilization of machines, any increase over which profitability would decrease, and conversely, there may need to utilize a minimum of machines, in order to compete in the market for manufactured products. Sales targets are derived from both, and this co-dependence of markets to labor significantly effects economic forecasts and realities. At the present time, it is far more feasible to hire workers in China, then set up vast automated industries.When wages go up there, this too might change , in time, not foreseeably, i would think, with hundreds of millions, if not billion workers in that country.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance



In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers
 
Posts: 7596
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Night of infinite faith

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby James S Saint » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:02 am

You might want to note that the countries with a high Debt/GNP are the ones promoting automation the most; USA and Japan at the top of the list. Those countries cannot afford to have people being paid to do what a machine can do very much faster and better.

If in your foreign trade, you are going to be selling 10,000 of product X per week and you have the choice of building a machine to produce it for you at that rate (or any easily changeable rate) or hiring enough people to be able to keep up that rate (not easily changeable rate), the machine will be far cheaper, produce far more consistent quality, last much longer, and be more rate-versatile.

Thus by controlling Money, the national debt is controlled and by controlling the national debt, people are eliminated in favor of machines. The lust for Money, eliminates people... selected people.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:34 pm

@ Fuse.


You are disagreeing with facts! You are disagreeing with logical truth!

So, let's start:

My statement contains two premises:

1st premise: Machines are cheaper than human beings.
2nd premise: Machines replace human beings.


You "disagree"! :shock:

Your disagreement by itself is not the main problem because of the freedom of opinion. The main problem is that you deny facts, you deny logical truth. My premises are logical true, they are facts.

Another example:

1st premise: Machines are cheaper than horses.
2nd premise: Machines replace horses.


You probably "disagree"! :shock:

Cheaper things replace expensive things.

You probably "disagree"! :shock:
________________________

"Disagreeing" is "cool", isn't it?
______________________________

Sorry, Fuse, but philosophy has not very much to do with kaffee klatsch.
Last edited by Arminius on Thu May 01, 2014 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Orbie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:19 pm

James S Saint wrote:You might want to note that the countries with a high Debt/GNP are the ones promoting automation the most; USA and Japan at the top of the list. Those countries cannot afford to have people being paid to do what a machine can do very much faster and better.

If in your foreign trade, you are going to be selling 10,000 of product X per week and you have the choice of building a machine to produce it for you at that rate (or any easily changeable rate) or hiring enough people to be able to keep up that rate (not easily changeable rate), the machine will be far cheaper, produce far more consistent quality, last much longer, and be more rate-versatile.

Thus by controlling Money, the national debt is controlled and by controlling the national debt, people are eliminated in favor of machines. The lust for Money, eliminates people... selected people.



Yes, i get that, James. However, there is credibility in the notion, that if machines displace jobs, and even if they can do the job cheaper and more efficiently, the buying power of those displaced people will effect the economy adversely. Another fact is, that profits will, rather then being re-invested, may be used to enhance personal and corporate capital instead for research and product development. This trend has not noticeably kicked in as of yet, because, human jobs still far outnumber machines to a very significant degree, and for the most part, automation augments, rather then displaces human workers.
[size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance



In answer to your prayer
sincere, the centre of
your circle here,
i stand ; and , without
taking thought,-
i know nothing. But i can

Full well your need-as
you be men
This: Re-Creation. With a
bow,
Then, your obedient

servant now.
One gift is all i find in me,
And that is faithful
memory
Orbie
partly cloudy, with a few showers
 
Posts: 7596
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm
Location: Night of infinite faith

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Arminius » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:45 pm

obe wrote:However, there is credibility in the notion, that if machines displace jobs, and even if they can do the job cheaper and more efficiently, the buying power of those displaced people will effect the economy adversely. Another fact is, that profits will, rather then being re-invested, may be used to enhance personal and corporate capital instead for research and product development. This trend has not noticeably kicked in as of yet, because, human jobs still far outnumber machines to a very significant degree, and for the most part, automation augments, rather then displaces human workers.

Don't forget the effects of egalitarianism/socialism/communism/feminism/genderism/quotationism because they decrease the buying power rapidly.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot]