Occidental Philosophy versus Oriental Philosophy.

Oh, sorry. Shall I delete that quote?

You don’t have to delete it.

Thanks.

Thank you Moreno for your beautiful expression about a difficult topic (shows insight).

If I had to choose only one attribute to describe the Occidental culture, then I would always choose “faustic” (just like Spengler did with reference to Goethe’s “Faust”).

The following text was posted by me in another thread:

The “eastern/analytic mix” or, if it exists, a “southern/analytic mix” is always an “offset” (“offshoot”, “cutting”, “layer”, “scion”) of the western - exactly northwestern (because it is both western and northern) - analytic tradition.

The eastern border of the western culture:

There is more than just Eastern and Western thought. The written word does not equate to absolutism and in the process make every other strand of thought obsolete.

Yes, of course, and there is also more than human thought, because some other living beings have thoughts too, although only some thoughts. But all those other thoughts are not the topic of this thread. This thread is about the Occidental philosophy and the Oriental philosophy. So it is about two huge thinking systems that are probably the most dualistic ones too. There are no other thinking systems that are as huge as these two, provided that all regional or national thinking systems of both the Occident and the Orient can really be integrated in their respective superordinated thinking system.

A mixed person will have a mixed mind, and therefore a mixed thinking system… the best of both/many worlds, or just a case of c’est la vie?

Maybe or maybe not.

But: What is your point?

I for one think that the holographic universe explains why all observations are validating the same phenomenon, that it just depends on the chosen angle to observe the latter.

and this would mean that all points of views never oppose but are complementary. “versus” doesnt exist.

Why would they never oppose?

It doesn’t matter…

simply because one never knows enough. All philosophies have the same roots however. trying to separate a thought or oneself from the whole causes violence. There is an immutable unifying principle embedded in the fabric of the universe we cannot bypass nor ignore.

I cannot sympathize with Eastern philosophies which, for the most part, have remained stagnant. Poisoned with mysticism and willful ignorance…

Tell me more about these roots and the immutable unifying principle. Explain yourself.

I guess in the mind of such a person there is no versus, just is, so a comparison is nullified by the merger of the two/many mindsets.

Why are hybrid amalgamations often favourable? How does the merging of both ideological fundamentals create something ‘better’ than those fundamentals (you said ‘best’ of both worlds). It seems to me that a mixed opinion/moderate/amalgamation of any two contrastive, not necessarily polarizing, ideologies also implies an inheritance of the self-contradictions of each parent ideology. Depending on how you personally conceive of each parent ideology historically, what it stands for and how the two can coexist also produces the degree of inherited problems from each. Could you explain your reasons for your claims so my stupid mind can understand your proposal better.

The question is also, whether such oppositions (although we would have to discuss whether they are real oppositions or not) occured intentionally or not.