Freedom

What is freedom? Simply, movement.

We call it a cage because we cannot escape from it. If there were a series of various cages which had unique forms, with doors betweenxt them, it could not be said to be a cage, but a house.

If we were driving down the road and the car suddenly stopped, and our bodies could not move, it would become a cage…the same scenery over and over again.

We try to say…I Want the beautiful moments to last forever…But if they did…It would be a cage…

We are powerless to make the beautiful moments last forever, and powerless to stop the flow and futility of Life…Either way, we are helpless and powerless slaves, either way we are discontent, both options of existence are futile…

I agree, the whole fun is in finding those moments, after that the magic dies somewhat.

Accepting reality as it is is as free as one can be whilst still alive so that is how I live my life. And if death
is eternal pain free non consciousness then I will be even more free so win win. But if it is something else
instead I will still accept it so then I would say that at this precise moment in time I am very free indeed

“Freedom” actually means “free will”, and this “free will” is not absolute but merely relative.

it can equally mean we have freedom to experience a constructed in the mind world, which mimics the external reality. that’s just the human body being a useful ‘device’. if the body didn’t serve us or if we served it, those would be no freedom.

Excuse me, but “freedom” (in an absolute sense) can never “equaly mean” anything at all but merely “freedom”.

Freedom simply means the opposite of restriction.

It can be argued that our bodies make us free, since they allow us to walk around.
Or it can be argued that they are slavery, since they trap us within them.

Human beings are more free than all other living beings, but human beings are nevertheless not absolutely free, they are relatively free.