We always get what we ask for.

We … the majority … the commonweal … always get what we ask for … pain and suffering included … though, as part of the price we must pay to get what we ask for.

[b]

[/b]

Bread is here taken as a symbol of what humans most naturally seek after.

[b]

[/b]

Is asking for bread in a barren desert wrong? and not just what one would naturally do?

The lilies of the valley have gaps between them, because there has been a struggle. the world doesn’t manifest food and wine, you have to grow it. I agree with the sentiment whereby all this means to not worry though. kind of contradicts struggling tho…

Not sure if we get what we ask for or what is in some way needed e.g. to make us wise [a process of doing that would go past it]. I cannot see how not trying would ultimately gain us anything. Where there is bread there will be a struggle to get the bread, where there is no bread, there is just the barren empty desert.

Echoes of the Hebrews and their Sinai experience … an egregore that survives to the present day. ergo: ask and ye shall receive … we always get what we ask for.

The egregore in control of the Jesus story is much the same … ergo: only violence and hostility will lead to success. The hostility and violence of the crucifixion lead to the success of the resurrection. Another egregore still very much alive today in both the secular and religious realms.

When human populations outpaced nature’s willingness to provide sustenance the humans of the day likely begged for a means to survive … ergo: the arrival of the agricultural age. We always get what we ask for.

We have long known what should be done … simply can’t get past the egregores … yet :laughing:

Isn’t the problem far more simple; take two or more people who want the same thing, and now God cannot give it to both of them. He must hate africans though lol.

So even if God wanted to, there are 7 billion people and only one world and with not so much to go around evenly.

Your comments support my theory … we always get what we ask for.

To covet “earthly bread” can have no other outcome than hostility and violence … the only available human response to competition for “earthly bread”.

Thanks for your support.

or it was saying that we don’t get what we ask for.

and that starving Africans don’t get what they ask for.

silly me … seems the English language is not my strong suit. :laughing:

answers don’t always lie on the surface … sometimes one has to do a bit of digging.

Africa is considered by many to be the cradle of humanity … ancient Egypt and Ethiopia smacks of “getting what they asked for”

Though seems they didn’t want to share … and were forced to sleep with the consequences … seems to be a common destiny of all great empires. Hmmm!

… much like the prophecy of Chief Seattle … mid 19th century … paraphrasing … if you continue to contaminate your bed … one day you will be forced to sleep in it. Seems the day he was referring to has arrived.