Zuttenberg ... Mr Facebook ... offers wisdom to millenials

Read this a few minutes ago:

[b]

[/b]

washingtonpost.com/news/the … c820263825

While I’m sure Mr Zuttenberg’s advice was sincere … the unspoken assumptions underpinning his words are perplexing:

1. Today’s world … man-made portion … society,culture, economics, politics, religion and so on has no place for individual purpose. True or False

2. Individual purpose is the fruit of our man-made world. True or False

3. Individual purpose is the fruit of the journey of self discovery … despite the characteristics/conditions of our man-made world. True or False

4. Journey of self discovery is not part of our social programming. True or False

5. Insert here

From another OP:

[b]

[/b]

A mass migration to the land of self discovery might lead to the following consequences:

1. Insert here

2. Insert here

3. Insert here

Perhaps a mass migration to the land of self discovery is already underway … under the umbrella of populism. Seems a prerequisite to a journey of self discovery requires an explosion of dissatisfaction with the present situation. Perhaps the growing anti establishment phenomenon is a manifestation of this explosion of dissatisfaction.

Perhaps the main reason people lack a sense of purpose is because people have no time to figure it out … technologies like Facebook are obstacles rather than facilitators

I am always in favor of self evaluation or the journey of self discovery as you call it,
it is from doubt that we learn, not from certainty…

I am also ok with it being Zuckerberg… I have no problem as long as he follows
his own advise and begins the journey of self discovery…

I am reminded of the old Zen saying before enlightenment the mountains and the sea’s are calm
during enlightenment the mountains dance and the sea’s storm…
and after enlightenment, the mountain is calm and the sea is calm…

if we are in midst of some sort of group or societal change, then the mountains will dance
and the seas will storm… and it seems apparent that this is happening on some level to
a sizable group of people thus we have 45 being elected…as a symptom of the journey
of self discovery… the problem I see is people are assuming that the problems lie outside
of them, the problem is with liberals or the media or the government or immigration or illegal aliens…

I hope the journey of self discovery places the problem squarely where it belongs, in the soul of
every person who exists… we must become the change that we need… it doesn’t matter if
we change society or change/ destroy liberals or eliminate the media if we don’t begin with
our own self, with who we are…the only place that needs changing is within us and if you
achieve that, then the journey of self discovery will be a success regardless of who began
or instituted the process be it Zuckerberg or the self or society, whomever began it…

we too readily blame outside forces for any perceived ill’s of the world when the
answer lies inside of us… found only in a journey of self discovery, as it were…

find the world to be sick and disgusting, begin to change the world by changing yourself…
that is the mistake of most people from terrorist to politicians to the common man…
to change the world one must being with oneself but that won’t happen because people are certain,
they don’t need changing, the problem lies in the world, not with them…
certainty once again shows its power to damage the world…

I would rather have the entire world doubt then one person be certain, of anything…

Kropotkin

[b]

[/b]