Tell me why? Or why not.

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Forum rules
Forum Philosophy

Tell me why? Or why not.

Postby Pneumatic-Coma » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:52 am

We had gotta put a Nietzsche morality into effect and take from his stories to make sense. And not lose it. Our sense must be put to good use or if not it leads to troubles like other past philosophers have gone through. That, and take it from there to social standards to help build everlasting relationships together as a community and not for just a republic.
These teachings are similar to those of Thomas Pain, Henry David Thoreau, and John Locke in where we must try and help think, help life and lead toward prosperity in such difficult times, or whatever you're circumstances. It's more of a morality that we must follow to think more of the people than what is happening in politics. Take it, this is neither political nor religious. This derives strictly from the teachings of philosophy which I've come across. Think of it like this, we must do for those what we wish they'd do for us and create a working mentality with all human beings. Positivists will really enjoy this one. :)
Ego sum via veritas et vita;Amesha Spenta;Vohu Mano;Joan of Arc, Ezekiel, and Thomas Aquinas;I AM INZYDEOUT:Zarathushtra Spitama-Thales-Heraclitus-Socrates-Meton of Athens-Plato-Diotima of Mantinea-Aristotle-Pythagoras-Pericles-Marcus Tullius Cicero-Claudius Ptolemy-Marcus Aurelius-Lucian- Hypatia-Niccolò Machiavelli-Benedito de Espinosa-Sir Isaac Newton-Voltaire-Jean-Jacques Rousseau-Immanuel Kant-Thomas Paine-John Locke-Henry David Thoreau-Florence Nightingale-Mahatma Gandhi-Peter G Bergmann-Petra Herrera-Oppenheimer-Jimmy Hoffa-Frank Sinatra-Pope Saint John Paul II-Elvis Aaron Presley-George Carlin-Martin Luther King Jr.-Jim Morrison-Aafia Siddiqui-Tupac-Asmaa Mahfouz-John Nash-Joaquin Guzman :shock: :arrow: :-$
Pneumatic-Coma

Re: Tell me why? Or why not.

Postby surreptitious75 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:16 am

You mean something like altruism or utilitarianism which are fine in principle but unfortunately
not everyone sees things in terms of humanity as a collective but rather how it will affect them
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75

Postby Pneumatic-Coma » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:35 pm

Yeah. We never did learn to live as "One for all" either.
Ego sum via veritas et vita;Amesha Spenta;Vohu Mano;Joan of Arc, Ezekiel, and Thomas Aquinas;I AM INZYDEOUT:Zarathushtra Spitama-Thales-Heraclitus-Socrates-Meton of Athens-Plato-Diotima of Mantinea-Aristotle-Pythagoras-Pericles-Marcus Tullius Cicero-Claudius Ptolemy-Marcus Aurelius-Lucian- Hypatia-Niccolò Machiavelli-Benedito de Espinosa-Sir Isaac Newton-Voltaire-Jean-Jacques Rousseau-Immanuel Kant-Thomas Paine-John Locke-Henry David Thoreau-Florence Nightingale-Mahatma Gandhi-Peter G Bergmann-Petra Herrera-Oppenheimer-Jimmy Hoffa-Frank Sinatra-Pope Saint John Paul II-Elvis Aaron Presley-George Carlin-Martin Luther King Jr.-Jim Morrison-Aafia Siddiqui-Tupac-Asmaa Mahfouz-John Nash-Joaquin Guzman :shock: :arrow: :-$
Pneumatic-Coma

Postby Pneumatic-Coma » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:18 am

Today in USA really is an example of this it's so sad it breaks my heart...
Pneumatic-Coma

Postby UrGod » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:35 am

I am your master.
UrGod
Philosopher

Postby Pneumatic-Coma » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:27 am

(Laughing) Was that a rebuttal?
Pneumatic-Coma

Return to Philosophy