Nothing is permanent. Is my death permanent?

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Forum rules
Forum Philosophy

Postby stellamonika » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:12 am

Philosophers, please resolve my confusion.
stellamonika

Re: Nothing is permanent. Is my death permanent?

Postby James S Saint » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:20 am

Perhaps you should question the one who told you that "nothing is permanent".

No individual physical item is permanent. There are an infinity of non-existent things that are permanently non-existent. Once your body is truly dead, its individual life is non-existent. Although there are an infinity of other "you"s out in the infinite universe, that particular one of that particular body shall never exist again. No particular star, galaxy, planet, moon, or being shall ever exist again once it has decomposed or disintegrated.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
James S Saint
ILP Legend

Postby Magnus Anderson » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:15 am

JSS wrote:There are an infinity of non-existent things that are permanently non-existent.
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby pilgrim-seeker_tom » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:28 am

stellamonika wrote:Nothing is permanent. Is my death permanent?
Philosophers, please resolve my confusion.

Philosophers have already answered your confusion ... consider this:

Socrates and Aristotle are manifestations of "The Word Incarnate" ... they assumed human form for the sole purpose of seeding words/concepts into human consciousness.

Discover why you have taken on human garb and you will discover your immortality ... a notion expressed in religious terms .... the Kingdom of God is within.
"Do not be influenced by the importance of the writer, and whether his learning be great or small; but let the love of pure truth draw you to read. Do not inquire, “Who said this?” but pay attention to what is said”

Thomas Kempis 1380-1471
pilgrim-seeker_tom
Philosopher

Return to Philosophy