Future together in the face of the technoworld.

Interesting Serendipper - I would never have thought to take the conversation in that direction.

I will consider what you are saying and have a response for you - but expect that I will go off in yet another direction.

What I am trying to achieve here is a realistic picture of the future as it stands at this minute.

That of course would change. There are things we can not change and there are things we can ready ourselves for.

At the moment we have men, women and technology!!!

WendyDarling

I seemed to have missed a part of what you were saying regarding new innovations - my sincere apologies for that. I want to experiment a little here by taking us a little off track and involving space in the picture as it seems humans are going to space no matter what. I will bring the conversation back to something more normal after this.

I promise :wink:

I totally agree with you here. The current way we as the human race are making decisions is full of flaws. The governments are hardly making our decision making powers as individuals efficient and corporate responsibility seems to be a buzzword for making more sales in my opinion.

What are your thoughts on space exploration Wendy? I am curious to know what a person like you thinks about this.

I always thought that space would be a better place for some industry and research, than the earth, as a younger man, but I am now starting to question this myself - I mean we have to be realistic here, there are some things that are going to go ahead no matter how we feel about them.

Serendipper

I would also be interested in your thoughts on what I just posted to Wendy in my last post.

:-k

About litter or space exploration? Yeah I think we should explore space. We should go to Mars then drill out a big core and look for life. And there’s probably something living on Venus since it’s so close to an energy source.

I hate litter. I don’t think the planet cares, but it just looks trashy. Anyone caught littering ought to have to pay a fine in terms of collected litter from the roadside and any citizen who catches someone littering on camera ought to get a reward from the recycled material collected by the violator. If there is no litter to collect, then they can remove invasive plants paid in tonnage by the Ag dept which goes to the person who caught the offender.

Litter is a huge problem, as is land fill - I have always had this dream that we could recycle everything.

I am sure that we could recycle everything if we had the right technology to do so.

So much trash now is trash simply because it can not be recycled.

Have you seen the people in India picking through trash and sorting every button, bottle cap, piece of plastic as a way to make a living? It’s sad.

We could recycle if it were monetarily worth it. In other words if the cost of making new things exceeded the cost of recycling, but I suppose we’re not there yet. It’s easier to make new plastic than dig up the landfill recovering old plastic. And now we make plastic that photo-degrades, so a few years in the sun and it’s gone. That’s the Jacque Fresco type solution to the problem. He had a lot of good ideas.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsJqPfUHhho[/youtube]

You may want to check into the Venus Project. It’s right up your technological alley. He proposed no laws, but technological solutions to remove the need for laws. No money either and more abundance than you could imagine. I studied it for a couple years, but I’m not sure if it would work or not.

Just curious, how do you guys feel about getting a womb transplant and gestating/birthing your own baby?

google.com/amp/s/theconvers … tate-80581

Very interesting idea Pandora and highlights how far we have come technologically. I think the idea of womb transplants are a great idea especially for women who can not conceive by their own means. As for me however - being heterosexual I have never considered the idea for myself. I have three children already and I love them very much. One of my children identifies as being transgender, another as being bisexual and the other as heterosexual. So my children are a mix of … well whatever term you want to apply to it.

From a young age I wanted children and was so happy when I was able to help conceive them.

The want for children for me was very great - would I want a womb transplant so that I could conceive them myself? I would have to say no. My philosophy on this whole thing is a bit mixed - but then it seems to me that the world is a mixed up place. I do not think we have come far enough to work out whether two men having a baby together is right or wrong - I think the debate will rage on for a while to come - the same goes for two women. First we need to work out whether mixing our species up the way we are attempting to do right now is the right thing to do.

Meddling with the causality of nature could very well be our undoing - I just do not think we know enough yet to say.

Idk, this is beginning to seem like some kind of fetish considering the degree to which this is overboard, and that raises the ethical question of using babies as objects of fetish. It’s one thing to put on a skirt and prance around like a weirdo, but to shove a baby up up an ass just so it could be shit back out in order to fulfill some fantasy essentially equivalent to “playing house” seems like taking perverted liberties with innocence.

How can a child identify as transgender? Or do you mean the child is an adult?

I have no idea how anyone identifies as transgender, let alone a child. The child is nearly an adult where the other two are both adults. It could be the case whereby the child is just confused or even some sort of mental problem - that is what I mean about the world being a mixed up place.

No one is willing to settle on what is right or wrong anymore.

I will say it again: Meddling with the causality of nature could very well be our undoing - I just do not think we know enough yet to say.

I have a feeling our current worldwide culture(generally speaking) is out to defeat itself.

It brings me to my next thought - what good are rules if nobody can agree on the rules to have - what good is individuality and celebrating it so much when it seems to be destroying what we once were - should we or should we not follow nature and our obvious design and why sit on our hands wondering about it all.

Mammalian sexuality specializes on divergence and creating difference. This is the obvious case with humanity. Sex is producing more and more, exponential specialization. Races are mixing, for better or worse. Some are remaining white and maintaining “white privilege”. As technology increases and information accumulates, specialization will speed up.

That’s all I see about the future, more specialization.

Well I agree with most if not all of what you just said.

A child plays house. An adult makes an important life decision. Other than that, there is no difference. I think the role of the parent is to introduce life-consequences to children without them actually having to suffer consequences that are too harsh because the child may not be aware of the consequence of sticking his fingers in an electrical outlet, for instance, or deciding they will be a man or woman for life when they don’t have that capacity to make that decision. Heck, I don’t even think people are equipped to decide if they should be married at an age of less than 30 because nobody knows what they want at a younger age.

Right and wrong is subjective but surely there is an age that is too young to know what they want and therefore probably shouldn’t be granted the opportunity to make decisions with grave consequences, but then again there is a view that if kids want to eat laundry detergent, then we should allow the stupid to exterminate themselves. It’s all subjective.

Well, my perspective is that it’s all a game or play anyway, so none of this is terribly serious.

Success is its own undoing. I know this for sure: if you have a pine forest, one bug can leave you with a barren field. Anytime in nature that you collect together one species too similar then it will be wiped out.

I suppose too many rules are better than no rules.

Where is individuality? I don’t see that at all, but only people copying each other. I am the only individual I know.

Everyone thinks different in an effort to be just like each other:

Work with the grain of nature or against it if you want to lose.

Serendipper

First let me just say that you make some very good points - mature ones at that. There is something wrong with our culture however.

It is very difficult for me to disagree here without taking away objectivity. So I will divert the conversation – For us to succeed in a techno-world we are going to have to change our attitudes to fit in with it because there is not going to be enough land for those of us who want to farm for a hobby or start communes or continue other little dreams that require land or situations of the past - one thing we know for certain is that the world does nothing but change, in fact that is the nature of everything.

The population is going to increase << no-one will be able to stop that. We might fail in the end but the end is hundreds of years off not 10 or 20 as some would have you believe. Resources will change, not become scarce. Ways of doing things will change because of it. We as adults need to make important life decisions.

We need to face reality together and leave behind the doomsday BS.

Right and wrong is subjective only to a certain extent - seven billion humans could jump out of aeroplanes at 3000 metres and they would all surely die - that I believe is objectively true and right - and we would be allowing seven billion stupid people to exterminate themselves.

You are kidding right? Nah I am just kidding - lol - We only have to push over one domino to make the others fall and perhaps that first domino has already fallen.

You say success is its own undoing but this clearly is dependent on a few things - why would an ant colony fail if the conditions were always perfect? The answer is because the ants might have gotten lazy.

I loved the Think Different picture - I thought that made a very clear statement. =D>

Yeah our culture is uncultured :wink:

Actually, I see lots of available land in the future because technology improves farming. We could build vertically if we have to.

That is why I encouraged you to check into the venus project. We have the capability to feed everyone with no one working (well, only a few people who really want to tend to things). That’s technically possible.

Yup, oscillations, vibrations (ie change).

I think the global population will rise, level, then fall. Of course, it depends on politics. If we don’t bring the whole world into prosperity, then those populations will overwhelm us, reduce prosperity and slow the process of reaching a point that we don’t breed like rabbits anymore. Numbers of offspring is a function of education (I would say intelligence, but education is a better word).

The countries with high IQ have slow or leveling population growth.

Never bet on the end of the world. It only happens once :wink:

Did you know that a cat can jump from a skyscraper and probably live? (It’s not heavy enough to overcome air resistance to achieve velocity sufficient to kill it with certainty) If 7 billion people jump from a plane, I’d bet that at least one lives :smiley:

See my thread here for more oddities of the universe viewtopic.php?f=4&t=193940

It’s hard to say anything for sure.

Maybe… or they run out of food because too many things favor the success of the ants and they eat it all. Or perhaps some disease will take advantage of such a large population of ants.

I don’t know for sure if someone would die from jumping from a plane, but I’m more sure that if a population grows too large and is too genetically similar, it will be wiped out. Success is always its own undoing. I’ve seen it too many times with plants and animals for me not to assume this is a general “law” and it’s one of the few things dad and I agree on.

The American Chestnut is nearly extinct. The Emerald Ash Borer is working tirelessly to wipe out all the Ash trees and there is nothing we can do about it. Bananas are next. cnn.com/2015/07/22/africa/b … index.html

Yup, the ones who are different are the ones who don’t try to be different :wink:

Ah, your post made my day.

Thanks

=D>

I will be back to respond later. You can count on it.

One thing is certain … the recent population explosion is a “First Occurence” … to underestimate the potential … both good and bad … is naive.

[b]

[/b]

Source: Paul Ehrlich: “Collapse Of Civilisation Is A Near Certainty Within Decades”

zerohedge.com/news/2018-03- … in-decades

overpopulation and overconsumption are driving us over the edge…

We’re ultimately consuming the energy stored in oil/coal and in plants/food. Oil is really just a buffer filled with sunlight-energy and so we just need our buffer for a bit longer until we’re permeated with cheap solar cells supplying all the energy we could ever need.

The next problem is food, but hydroponic farms powered by solar energy addresses that.

So we have a measure of time before the stores run out until we achieve energy sufficiency regardless of population. The only other limiting factor that I can see is the physical carrying capacity of the earth.

Have a look at this: ourworldindata.org/world-population-growth

google.com/amp/s/www.bloomb … starvation

They just need to bring the rainbow agenda to sub-Saharan Africa now.