The end of the subjectivity debate

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Re: The end of the subjectivity debate

Postby surreptitious75 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:43 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
Light cant travel between multiverse universes ? This is news to me

We dont know the size of the observable universe in standard science

We dont know if multiverse theory is true but if light could travel between universes that would be evidence it was

The observable universe is I4 billion years in time and 93 billion light years across space and is expanding I0 to the - 8 centimetres per second
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:00 pm

Perhaps our optics have a way to go, then.

Or even a better description, with God dead or dying , follows even optics, then all through a dead philosophy, only a set of facts remain on a computer, then when that becomes beyond understanding, man himself disappears.

And then negative ontology begins all over again, with a time consuming struggle through conflict, or the other way around.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby Mad Man P » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:33 pm

Meno_ wrote:Yes, wins the battle, but not necessarily the war. Empiricism doesn't obliterate basic assumptions, they merely put them on hold.
The most elemental support for this lays in the purpose of retaining of conflict, for delayed resolution, while waiting for the situation to change.

There are a lot of logical fallacies with fancy old names both formal and informal... evidently because we are not entirely rational beings.
The war is not with reason... we're all at war with our own nature, trying desperately to work around the limitations of the tools we were given, to grow smarter, stronger and wiser so we can live better lives.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Mad Man P
Philosopher

Previous

Return to Philosophy