Im a duck

Ive to right a story on been a duck, and all the wonderful adventures i can have. The more the extreme the story is, the better i score. I need some more ideas on what direction i can take the story, as well as needing to fit it all together better.
Heres what ive came up with:

Characters

(on the island, in the pond; incidently its a large pond, almost a lake)

Virtuoso (the performer, a bit ponsey)
Pessimism
Laudatory cookie
Limbo
Matchstick
Fickle

[american chatshow announcement]
(our dark mattered alien friends)

0107 (narrater)

(evil white feathers)
ZZ pukka (leader, i need to make him out to be evilier than the sinths on star wars)
voilet t’sublime

woo hoo (a spider, allied to white feathers)

(animal ficdofeliac[those people obsessed with poo])- there also vets.

Sam
Hog

Story. Chapter 3: After ‘Welly’

this is what ive thought of for the characters so far:

Matchstick – unknown to him, he has been given the rights of passage by a mystic race known as ‘the ancients’ to protect the universe from the dawn of a new evil - the downside is, his a duck!

Alien friends – are bored. having lived a eternity and still to live a eternity, they just fly around observing things for a laugh.

Laudatory cookie was found out to be a nimpomaniac necrophile after ‘welly’ with matchsticks mother along with others.

ZZ-pukka – having injured his leg in ‘welly’ was treated by vet Sam (and hidden poo fanatic) at his home. After wandering into a room in the house, a room that bed bugs tell nightmares about; he was infected with a mutated virus - turning him into the new evil of the universe. - although he is a swan.

On the island - the rest plan for fluffy white (bread)

hog thinks virtuoso fancys sam.

Heres the start:- by the way, ‘Welly’ was a war between the ducks and swans, over a stategic position in the pond.

Our ‘black mattered alien friends - 091 and 880’ are out on a stroll with 0107 (0107 isn’t partically happy, after the old accidentally freezing him incident). Here they are observing Sam and Hog, as they stroll down to the pond with fluffy white.

“They’re made out of meat.”

“Meat?”

“There’s no doubt about it. We picked several from different parts of the planet, took them aboard our recon vessels, probed them all the way through. They’re completely meat”

“That’s impossible. What about the radio signals? The messages to the stars?"

“They use the radio waves to talk. But the signals don’t come from them. The signals come from machines.”

“So who made the machines? That’s who we want to contact.”

“They made the machines. That’s what I’m trying to tell you. Meat made the machines.”

“That’s ridiculous. How can meat make a machine? You’re asking me to believe in sentient meat.”

“I’m not asking you, I’m telling you. These creatures are the only sentient race in the sector and they’re made out of meat.”

“Maybe they’re like rubber uroboric forms.”

“Nope. They’re born meat and they die meat. We studied them for several of their life spans, which didn’t take too long. Do you have any idea of the life span of meat?”

“Spare me. Okay, maybe they’re only part meat. You know, like the Weddilei. A meat head with an electron plasma brain inside.”

“Nope, we thought of that, since they do have meat heads like the Weddilei. But I told you, we probed them. They’re meat all the way through.”

“No brain?”

“Oh, there is a brain all right. It’s just that the brain is made out of meat.”

“So … what does the thinking?”

“You’re not understanding, are you? The brain does the thinking. The meat.""Thinking meat! You’re asking me to believe in thinking meat!”

“Yes, thinking meat! Conscious meat! Loving meat. Dreaming meat. The meat is the whole deal! Are you getting the picture?”

“Will you two shut up!
The frenzy going down by the pool side is about to start.”

Now i dont know what direction to take the story.[/i]

better suited to this forum…

• ben

OMG, I really wish I had some of your creative writing talent!

One thing though…don’t stop there I want to know what happens!
Please post here when it’s finished!

As for ideas in which to take this story, I feel so humbled, I wouldn’t be able to start anything like this let alone contribute toward it.

I’m watching this thread…

MentulZen.

Deep down the tall misty reeds, along the south of the pond, Violet t’sublime is up to her usual ways.

Woo hoo
“You summoned me! Oh, sublime one.”

Violet t’sublime
“Yes… do you wish your webs to stay in tacked?”

Woo hoo
“Of course violet!” worriedly said

Violet t’sublime
“Then here’s your mission spider: I wont you to infiltrate the island of flat foots and become my eyes and ears. There, I wont you give a message to the one they name Fickle. He is close to the new heir of flat foots Matchstick’ and I wont you to warn him–he must stay to the arrangement!”

Woo hoo
“Mission understood. May I ask though, what arrangement is to be kept?”

(Violet grooms herself)

Violet t’sublime
“I wont the location of Matchsticks off-spring. For when my ZZ returns, I wont no new heirs to the throne of flat foot! Once ZZ-pukka has destroyed Matchstick the rest will crumble, and we white feathers will finally rule with plenty.”

Woo hoo
“Very well. Fair well then, I will return with news in two black-blacks.”

Violet t’sublime calls for the king of her Winged ticks. After a breath wait, a noice begins to grow…. Then arrives the king, with ZZ-pukka’s minions in droves.

King
“Yes oh sublime one?”

Violet t’sublime
“Go forth my minions! Unleash my mighty wrath upon my foe! Destroy, agitate, annoy and rip out the flesh of the flat foots! hahahahahahahaha”

The king turns and of they head; the sound of a thousand wasps slowly disappears into the distance.

Anyone, at all, any ideas on what the leaders of ducks are going to do or say. i really really dont have a clue were to go with this :confused: i think i might have to abandon :frowning:

The only thing I can think of at the moment is doing some research into WWII, there are alot of good Docs on Discovery on Sky if you have access.
I know it’s been done time and time before, parodying Churchil and his speaches, but maybe you could do it with your own inimmitable style?

The way I read it, The reader of the swans has been tainted by some evil and is obviosly some sort of dictator, otherwise why would the rest of the noble swans, wasps etc be following Violets orders? Or maybe swans etc ARE just evil? Or maybe they have good reason to feel the way they do toward the ducks?

Being a conflict between two parties, I suggest looking into causes of real conflict in our world. Like in BlackAdder when Baldrick states that the war was started when someone shot a Duke’s Ostrich…

Maybe the Ducks could be recounting welly tales just as old soldiers of WWII used to sit in pubs saying ‘when I was in the war…’

Maybe the leader is paranoid? Organising a defence against every litte thing only to be taking a nap when the real attack comes?

It’s a great story, and you have a great way of telling it.
I hope my humble ideas ignite some spark in your brain.

MentulZen.

i remember reading this for my ap english class!

shame on you for plagiarizing! apparently the author of the above dialogue is named Terry Bisson and the story was a 1991 Nebula award nominee.

http://www.terrybisson.com/meat.html
http://www.worldsearch.com/dunioc.site/en/2601515/sites/5/list/626188
http://www.albany.edu/~ron/fun/Meat.html

:confused: [/url]

yea well, i didnt think anyone here or my tutor would notice, indeed the story was going to take a transformers / body snatchers / star wars / danger mouse direction with our dark mattered friends. I was going use a bit of them like between Optimus Prime and Megatron, i didnt count on the from the ‘betting children post’ to hold her vendetta against me still. so please feel free

Optimus Prime
Freedom is the right of all sentient beings

Megatron
Peace through Tyranny

Don’t let anyone put you off Kesh.

I can’t say that I’ve ever had an origional idea in my life and the chances are TerryBisson didn’t entirely come up with the whole thing on his own.

Please feel free to take things from the past and remold them for the future. If anyone has an alternative, I for one would love to hear it.

It has been alledged that a goverment infact downloaded essays from the net and included them in a report, trying to pass them off as their own, but then again I may be wrong.

Inspiration has to come from somewhere, conflict seems to come from everywhere…

Shine on Kesh, shine on…

MentulZen.

yeah, I got your back Kesh.

But maintain your creativity. I know I do.

YOU PLAGERIZING SON OF A … umm love peace and butterflies…

once again it seems that i have gone into a sudden fit while trying to post again. i like what you are doing kesh, just dont forget the bibliography :smiley: