Man, an excerpt.

Here is an excerpt from a short story that I wrote as an idea for a sci-fi novel
Man

Ten years have passed now since I have been living among your kind. The race known as Man. Quietly, almost invisible I have been observing, collecting data, watching, waiting. Waiting for a sign. A slight, subtle, maybe small, but maybe important sign of change. A change in your development, attitude, empathy to one another, recognition of your state of being.
Your own arrogance, greed, and aggression has led to the near annhilation of your kind. Your wars, science, and pollution are responsible for the devolution of your kind. Your race now no longer able to propagate or multiply. Your self induced sterility and lack of mates only another step towards your extinction. Your race of Man nears its end.
My kind feels saddness for you, Man, and your fate. But we have learnt, the hard way, of your violence, fear, hate and discrimination towards those unlike yourselves. However there are those among my kind who hope that there will be a chance to save Man before it is too late. We hope, and wait , for a sign. That is why I am here, an observer.
You do not know of my presence among you. You cannot see me for what I am. You do not notice the difference between us. A small difference in our physical forms. What would you do if you discovered my presence among you? I do not know. This is my greatest fear. Fear of you, Man. For I am Woman…