Rape

Agreed except I think that a proven false accusation should confer upon the accuser the same punishment that would have been issued to the accused. A rape accusation ruins a man’s life and (ironically?) will usually make him a victim of rape if convicted.

Carpophorus wrote:

This is where stats and youtubes prove their limitations.

I misunderstood. I thought you were saying you were a victim of rape.

Have you have been “falsely accused” of committing rape.

I am of the opinion that if a person WILLINGLY, with consent, took a drug (including alcohol) and subsequently proceeded to have CONSENSUAL sexual relationships with somebody in the state of diminished capability for consent it is their own fault, they KNOWINGLY reduced their capability for consent and they have no right to try and cover up for their stupidity by screaming “rape” next day when they sober up, potentially ruining somebody’s life.

Of course that if a victim is drugged without their consent to consuming drugs, such as the rapist/somebody else slipping drugs in their drink or forcibly drugging them then I would accept if they screamed rape next morning because they were forced in a state of diminished capacity to consent without consent.

The problem is of course, how to distinguish the two situations; a person trying to save their face/get revenge or simply ruin a man’s life out of spite and a true rape victim.

No it is where your propensity to be dishonest in discussion comes back to haunt you.

No I really don’t think you did. Nothing I have written indicates that at all. Either a very powerful projection on your part or an(other) attempt to derail and demean.

Not sure why falsely accused is in brackets as though it is something which is imaginary or non-existent. From a notoriously feministic publication: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/nov/29/letter-to-girl-accused-me-of-rape

But no, and nor have I been correctly accused of it. But then we are returning to your anti-philosophical disposition of needing subjective experience to explore any and every issue. There are other websites for that type of thing. A philosophy website is exactly where such thinking is extremely limiting.

No, no need to make special laws here either, we already have laws for that too. Treat it like slander/defamation/libel. Though I like the idea that if the accusation has already been proven false by one legal process, you may as well give sentence to the accuser without the need for a second legal process.
Though that might not be possible considering battery is handled by criminal courts, and defamation by civil courts in most countries.
Oh well. That’d save a lot of public money. Too bad courts don’t work like that.

I agree with this as well.
If a person drives drunk and kills someone, (s)he is not allowed to plead temporary insanity.
It is a double standard if you can be found guilty of harming someone while drunk, but not of harming yourself.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIygmneQJCA[/youtube]

“Derail and demean”? Your ego is running rampant. In fact, I do not understand what you are trying to convey by what is written in the parentheses. Care to explain further?

Nothing written in brackets here.

I used quotation marks to accentuate.

You have a habit of debating in very bad faith. Picking out unrepresentative snippets and responding to them as though they accurately represent the whole or ignoring new information to reiterate your own preferred and less substantiated theories. We went through this. Other posters have also pointed this out to you on different topics. I have seen you delete entire posts and edit them until they bear no resemblance to your original point. After people have responded to you of course. This is why you are a predictable joke.

No you clearly didn’t, you were making one of your sad and snide little insinuations. An excellent example of the aforementioned bad faith, as though you could not have discerned that I mistakenly wrote brackets as opposed to speech marks. And of course, another example of your tendency to deny objective philosophy and rely entirely on subjectivity. Still waiting for your identification of what led you to think I was a victim of rape. What was it exactly ? (I ask, knowing it was just a sad attempt at a slur, but waiting for your amusing and predictable response).

I promise you, you would prefer it here —> http://www.reddit.com/r/Feminism or here —> http://spacefem.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=28, you know, somewhere that facts don’t really matter and the echo-chamber can re-affirm your delusions. Why come here and infect healthy discourse with your lies and denial and slander?

Even mentioning utter garbage like Reddit in a philosophy forum is degrading to its content and purpose :stuck_out_tongue:

Spacefem doesn’t seem THAT bad tho, I’m even thinking of joining it because I got some questions for feminists generally and it seems more suitable than a general philosophy forum. I’ll see if they will prove themselves to be open minded and reasonable or if they’ll just reaffirm my assumptions (hope not).

I ask you again

Real rape (yes I went there, violence and coercion and horror)…

what do you mean?

Good girl. Nice and predictable. You are so dull that the answer to your question is actually in the brackets, but better to deflect and focus on trivialities than explore your fragile and untenable positions right? And to top it off you can’t ‘ask me again’ when you didn’t ask the first time. I truly hope you have not reproduced your repugnant and dishonest stupidity.

Too true. But if it gets rid of this specimen I will consider it a public service.

A Shieldmaiden wrote:

This is proving to be a process of elimination.

Real rape (yes I went there,…

what do you mean?

Your first response to the Rape thread you labeled women graceless cunts, then you resorted to demeaning comments directed at myself, this did not work, so you attempted to rope in others on this Forum to back you up. I misunderstood what you wrote and asked you to explain several times and you doggedly refuse to. Insulting a person who challenges you is cowardly and has zero philosophical value. Perhaps next time you disagree with someone, instead of venting your anger and pressing submit, leave it overnight and think about it.

How much more explicitly would you like it explained to you luv? Notice how you, again, ignore most of what is written. You really aren’t well. What use is labelling who is an INTP, an ENFJ or an ISFJ is you fail to see the obvious signs of psychological sickness you cultivate within? If you aren’t prepared to admit when you are obviously under-informed or flat out wrong, refuse to accept new information into your mental models and cannot bring yourself to acknowledge the parts of peoples posts which obviously expose the glaring flaws in your thinking… then why the fuck are you here?? You can’t possibly imagine that what you post is informative or enlightening enough to merit your continued ‘input’ because you are unable to engage debate with any honesty: a classic sign of a fragile and untenable position. So what are you all about? Think on it. This is getting more than a little sad.

Kind of like what you did in that feminism thread?

The ease with which these feminists say, “Its the familiar and the ones you trust who rape you”, etc.

The shirking of accountability is this trend that wants to escape out of the consent clause instead of taking responsibility for one’s own poor judgement.

These feminists typically come, brainwashed and already mind-Raped, that the “cool, composed” man is “strong and confident”, and they always go for those suave types who are supposed to be “sensitive and mature”… and f—ing get raped, and then blame the other for abusing trust for Their Own Stupidity and Poor Judgement… lolzzz…

You got owned in every interaction in that thread. If you have some proof that women have indeed been responsible in any direct way for the development of civilization then by all means share your revolutionary findings. Still a huge IQ gap, provably different brain wiring and no pioneering female inventors or thinkers in any field. Are any of these things no longer facts?

I just re-read that thread and dear God, what a barrel of laughs. The least retarded, but still retarded, point you made was that ‘pressure points don’t require force’ to either get to or effectively utilize. You should go train guys in the UFC, they are missing a trick. The rest was resentment about how women had no direct impact on civilizations development and repeated failure to acknowledge that women are being used to change the social behaviours of the western populations. If feminism was organic then it wouldn’t be festooned with lies and absurdities and there would be some type of demonstrable revolutionary innovation from women that you could bring up. If it wasn’t for the most bloated and decadent state in history hiring women disproportionately to do things which could hardly be described as necessary combined with a deliberate destruction of all manufacturing and production then what productive capacity could you point to from women? But maybe you think it’s ‘fair’ and that 1 in 7 boys really does have ADHD. http://www.naturalnews.com/040938_adhd_fictitious_disease_psychiatry.html

All hail the rise of the mighty western woman… :neutral_face:

I see you still cannot bring yourself to acknowledge the parts of peoples posts which obviously expose the glaring flaws in your thinking.
I say it again as I did there. Whatever, papito.
Not my job to fix your ignorance.
I like’em dumb, predictable and ineffective, makes my work so much easier :wink:

Calling people ‘dickhead’ and ‘papito’ is quaint but empty. Please PM me any quote from that thread that you think I should factor into my thinking but haven’t. No DIRECT influence. If men had taken care of the children and done the domestic neccessities would women have created civilization?