"Mental" Illness: The Future of Treatment

Thanks.

Please feel free to report, as you will.
I have done.
Maybe if you add your complaint to mine, the moderator will listen?

What a waste of good discussion.

Lev, l certainly have more of an idea than you what it is like. I have lived the symptoms your brother lives. if you speak to me and others on this forum the some way you speak to your brother, then your brother deserves better than you. You are rude and lack empathy and those on this forum deserve better than you. Every comment I have directed towards you has been in response to your rudeness and lack of empathy. Your behaviour is appalling Lev and it is childlike. If you want me to stop replying to your abuse and attacks then stop abusing and attacking. A simple matter of cause and effect; as I will stand up for myself and I will defend myself. I, and others with lived experience, deserve better “from” you Lev!

Do you have a problem with this Lev?

Lev will be back in 4 days, so will get back to any replies to him then…

Thank you Mags, feel free to moderate my posts as required.

Can we continue?
At present fMRI imaging of brain states is in its infancy. It can portray what my brain in doing when I see the picture of a car. It can also record my emotional reaction to the picture. I think it can also portray brain states during MI episodes without prior diagnoses. It’s just limited to one at a time types of episode.

I remember reading Scott Fitzgerald’s biography. His wife Zelda was perhaps considered eccentric in her earlier years and photographs document her life at various intervals in the book. In later pictures her face and eyes had changed dramatically, she looked MI.

Eyes are important in allowing us to understand other peoples’ mental and emotional states.

I believe what we are seeing is a physical manifestation of what’s inside.

If you had a kidney disease would you deny having dialysis.

Mental illness is an illness and I believe should be treated with medication, instead of being in denial that it exists.

there is a big problem with overmedicating persons with mental illness…

I agree. Sometimes it takes a bit of juggling to find the right meds. I’m on mirtazapine, an anti-depressant, and Abilify, a booster. They keep me fairly stable. Xanax works better, but my insurance company will not pay for it. And yes, the eyes may be the portals of the soul.

Is there anything a person can do to reduce the number of medicines that they are on…like lifestyle changes…

Avoid negative people.

My ex husband’s mother committed suicide, leaving a note “we will be together again in heaven”.

What my ex failed to recognise was that murdering yourself has nothing to do with other people.

Needless to say “it was all over red rover” for the two of us after that.

She broke his heart.

very sad

If ever you have been in that situation you will agree, there’s no question suicide inflicts enormous pain on others.

I think it is a lot more beneficial to hang around positive people.

It spreads far and wide.

Count your blessings Lev.

imagine being married to her. :laughing:

Lev, you know what you were moderated for. You also know the context of my reply to you.

My friend J., who suffers from schizophrenia, does not know me these days. She does not recognize me even though we had a serious relationship a few years ago. Her meds allow her to function on a minimal basis, but seem to have destroyed her memory, erasing the good and bad experiences of her past. I see her and say hi, remembering all. She stares blankly, trying to figure out who I am. I’m happy that she is basically functional–can cook and clean her apt, takes care of personal grooming, etc. It should be a positive thing for me to realize that she survives in her condition. I miss her.
To all–can we stop the bickering?