Liberalism is a proven mental illness

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Moderator: MagsJ

Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby Jakob » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:15 pm

It has been extensively, exhaustively and more than sufficiently proven that Liberals should not be regarded as sane, or capable of rational trains of thought. See everything they say and do - rape, rape, rape, and accuse the victim of .... rape.

I thus propose that we consider left-leaning to be a mental illness, and a serious one when it results in actions that favour power for rapists, sociopaths, et al; i.e. when leftists vote, or speak their, hem, "minds". :-k

Not really a controversial proposition, Id think.

Opposing? I mean anyone who didn't support rapists?
Diiiidnt think so.

Okay, so Liberalism is to be considered akin to murderous psychopathy. Excellent.
Image
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
User avatar
Jakob
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5715
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: look at my suit

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:18 pm

Liberalism "is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality.[ Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally they support ideas and programs such as freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free markets, civil rights, democratic societies, secular governments, gender equality and international cooperation."

So how is that a mental illness?
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3424
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am
Location: Suburb of Chicago

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby James S Saint » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:53 pm

Yeah and Islam stands for peace and harmony for all.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25775
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:20 am

Jakob wrote:It has been extensively, exhaustively and more than sufficiently proven that Liberals should not be regarded as sane, or capable of rational trains of thought. See everything they say and do - rape, rape, rape, and accuse the victim of .... rape.

I thus propose that we consider left-leaning to be a mental illness, and a serious one when it results in actions that favour power for rapists, sociopaths, et al; i.e. when leftists vote, or speak their, hem, "minds". :-k

Not really a controversial proposition, Id think.

Opposing? I mean anyone who didn't support rapists?
Diiiidnt think so.

Okay, so Liberalism is to be considered akin to murderous psychopathy. Excellent.



K: I usually don't feed the trolls, but I will make an exception this time....

there is so much wrong here I don't know quite where to start...
ok, show us your evidence that liberals aren't sane... go ahead, quote someone
or better yet, please show us the pages in the DSM5, the latest that is out there,
that liberalism is an mental disorder....I'll wait.....

you can't... because it isn't true... so that is out of the way....
the real values of this post is to persuade by the big lie that something
is true.....it doesn't matter if it is true, being true is irrelevant to your point,
the point is to condemn liberalism with lies because after enough lies about
liberalism, people will begin to believe them....that is your point....

the real issue is WHY you hate liberalism....

you may be unaware of the fact, but the modern world is a creation
of liberalism and by hating liberalism, you hate the modern world....
so liberalism is about reason and thinking for yourself and certain tenants
like toleration and acceptance, so why do you hate these concepts like
toleration and acceptance?

you must also hate democracy and capitalism because the liberal world
created both concepts....Adam smith book, "wealth of nations"
came out in 1776, sound familiar, liberalism came out of the enlightenment...
as did the declaration of independence and the US constitution, so
democracy and capitalism and toleration all came out of the same well,
the enlightenment...

just about every single "modern" idea of how we view the world
came out of the enlightenment.... so, you hate the world...
now anybody who hates the world must have a mental issue...
for extreme hate is a mental issue.......those are the people who
get guns and kill a lot of people from anger......as you hate liberalism,
that leaves us with the choice of you being a conservative, and we know
that conservatives hate the modern "liberal" world,
and we understand that anyone with extreme hate has mental issue's....
so it stands to reason that conservatism is a mental disease.....
and thus you also have a mental disease, being a conservative....

Now I don't hate the modern world, for it is a liberal world, created
from liberal idea's from the age of enlightenment... I disagree with some
aspects of the enlightenment, like capitalism.........

we can show that conservatism is a proven mental illness...
because extreme hate is a mental illness....anyone can tell
you that....this is not that hard to work out and I am sure if you
put your mind to it, you can work it out too....


Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6095
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby James S Saint » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:46 am

Peter Kropotkin wrote:the real issue is WHY you hate liberalism....

you may be unaware of the fact, but the modern world is a creation
of liberalism and by hating liberalism, you hate the modern world....

I am pretty certain it is all of the obvious lying, thieving, con games, oppression, and willingness to do absolutely anything to usurp power and force all people to obey the proper, liberalism ordained moral behavior.

The mentally ill can't imagine why people would hate that.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25775
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:42 am

James S Saint wrote:
Peter Kropotkin wrote:the real issue is WHY you hate liberalism....

you may be unaware of the fact, but the modern world is a creation
of liberalism and by hating liberalism, you hate the modern world....

I am pretty certain it is all of the obvious lying, thieving, con games, oppression, and willingness to do absolutely anything to usurp power and force all people to obey the proper, liberalism ordained moral behavior.

The mentally ill can't imagine why people would hate that.


James, I really don't have a bone in this fight, but I will say this to you... liberalism is being tormented as a caracas in all media... and you espouse that the media is monopolized by malevolence.

Cognitive dissonance anyone?
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6825
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:47 am

James S Saint wrote:
Peter Kropotkin wrote:the real issue is WHY you hate liberalism....

you may be unaware of the fact, but the modern world is a creation
of liberalism and by hating liberalism, you hate the modern world....

I am pretty certain it is all of the obvious lying, thieving, con games, oppression, and willingness to do absolutely anything to usurp power and force all people to obey the proper, liberalism ordained moral behavior.

The mentally ill can't imagine why people would hate that.



K: look at your "charges".... "obvious lying, thieving, con games, oppression and willingness
to do absolutely anything to usurp power and FORCE all people to obey the proper, liberalism
ordained moral behavior" and yet, not the slightest bit of anything resembling evidence....
once again trying to convict by use of the big lie.... WHERE is your proof?
for example, if I say, A did X, I must somehow show that A did in fact do X...
If you say, he murder his friend... you must then show us either the dead body or
some other evidence that he did in fact, murder his friend...you are hoping no one
would notice that you are just throwing out random charges in hopes something sounds
good and no one will notice you haven't provided anything resembling evidence...

you will say of course, it is self evident... the cop out of the lazy and inept.
but the truth is, you have nothing and have no evidence of any kind....
but like Christians, you have faith even if the evidence isn't there..
in fact, faith is the thing, not the proof and so you have your FAITH, that
liberal and liberalism what you claim it to be....but proof!!!!!
who needs proof when you have faith....faith that liberals are X
and liberalism is Y.....but nothing like proof or evidence....
because to get to proof or evidence, you need to actually
try, make some effort and god forbid that conservatives actually
do anything like make some effort to get proof or evidence because,
because all you have is faith....and according to conservatives,
faith trumps proof or evidence... in fact, why have trials or the legal system
or philosophy or science or history or economic when we can just figure
out any answer by faith... in fact, according to your feeling,
(calling it thought, really stretches the matter)
we don't need anything beside faith to answer any question...
faith is more important then evidence and more important then
any fact, more important then life itself... and that is what you and your ilk
depend on, faith, certainly not facts or truth or evidence or proof...

you have faith of your "feelings" of liberals and liberalism and that is enough
for you......I hope faith is enough for you....but don't pretend to be a philosopher
if all you depend on is faith...for that is theology... you are on the wrong site..
this is a philosophy site... go to a theology site is that is all you have... faith...

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6095
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby surreptitious75 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:39 am

Classical and neo liberalism are not the same so when one is talking about liberalism they should specify the one they mean
In this thread both types being discussed as if they were actually the same when they are entirely different from each other

Jakob and James are talking about neo liberalism while WW III and Peter are talking about classical liberalism
I am a classical liberal not a neo liberal and see nothing in common between them at all hence the distinction
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby James S Saint » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:42 am

As I said:
James S Saint wrote:The mentally ill can't imagine why people would hate that.


Of course the mode of operation of the hypnotic subterfuge of the masses has been that of staying hidden, far out of eye sight while pretending, scapegoating, that all is that other guy's fault, "We are here only to protect the innocent from those evil men". But despite attempts to be totally hidden and quite, unavoidably blatant evidence eventually rises;

"Hate Speech" laws to protect your freedom of speech. "Hate Crime" laws to protect your freedom to act. Forced racial bias hiring policies to protect against racial bias. Media and films maximally inundated with racist and gender propaganda in order to prevent racist and gender propaganda.

"We are here to liberate you from your freedoms."

The mentally ill cannot detect their own arrogant rational fallacies. They are too busy blindly hating.

And that is what actually, really does qualify them as truly mentally incompetent, disturbed, delusional, and true sociopaths.

surreptitious75 wrote:Jakob and James are talking about neo liberalism while WW III and Peter are talking about classical liberalism
I am a classical liberal not a neo liberal and see nothing in common between them at all hence the distinction

Except that they can't see the distinction and thus bow to their own hatred of what is themselves = "psychotic".
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25775
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:12 am

It's too bad that they won't be able to understand what you just wrote, JSS, due to their illness.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 6324
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby James S Saint » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:16 pm

WendyDarling wrote:It's too bad that they won't be able to understand what you just wrote, JSS, due to their illness.

Why do you think that I don't say much on this Psy forum. 8)
:wink:
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25775
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:09 pm

So is conservatism... conserve one man owning more than half the population.

Let's be real here.

Every being wants the universe to be benevolent towards them, they know it when they experience it.

Every being, not just one
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6825
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby Ierrellus » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:36 pm

"Alas," said my mentor in the late "60s, "I can remember when a liberal education was considered a good thing to have!"
"We must love one another or die." W.H.Auden
I admit I'm an asshole. Now, can we get back to the conversation?
From the mad poet of McKinley Ave.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12331
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:52 pm
Location: state of evolving

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby James S Saint » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:02 pm

And as an example:
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25775
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby iambiguous » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:41 pm

Well, if liberalism is a proven mental illness then it is beyond their control.

Objectivism, on the other hand [think VO or RM/AO], is only a mental illness if it can be proven that those who embrace it [as a psychological defense mechanism] are also mentally ill.

Though, sure, I'm not saying that they're not.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 22656
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:16 pm

Are you challenging JSS and Jakob, biggie?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 6324
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby Zero_Sum » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:17 am

Conservatives are no better than liberals. Both groups politically have more in common than both would care to admit as the world order each supports is practically the same.
The condition of man... is a condition of war of everyone against everyone.

I put for the general inclination of all mankind, a perpetual and restless desire of power after power, that ceaseth only in death.

-Thomas Hobbes-
User avatar
Zero_Sum
Machiavellian Negator And Cynic
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: United States- Global Commercial Financial Republican Empire

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:33 am

Zero_Sum wrote:Conservatives are no better than liberals. Both groups politically have more in common than both would care to admit as the world order each supports is practically the same.

That is a distinctively liberal view.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides

Image

Thunderbolt steers all things.
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6971
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: Thrudheim

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby Zero_Sum » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:41 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
Zero_Sum wrote:Conservatives are no better than liberals. Both groups politically have more in common than both would care to admit as the world order each supports is practically the same.

That is a distinctively liberal view.

How is articulating the self destructive tendencies of both political liberals and conservatives constitute a liberal worldview? Do you think before posting things?
The condition of man... is a condition of war of everyone against everyone.

I put for the general inclination of all mankind, a perpetual and restless desire of power after power, that ceaseth only in death.

-Thomas Hobbes-
User avatar
Zero_Sum
Machiavellian Negator And Cynic
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: United States- Global Commercial Financial Republican Empire

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:13 am

Zero_Sum wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:
Zero_Sum wrote:Conservatives are no better than liberals. Both groups politically have more in common than both would care to admit as the world order each supports is practically the same.

That is a distinctively liberal view.

How is articulating the self destructive tendencies of both political liberals and conservatives constitute a liberal worldview?

You have done no such thing.

Do you think before posting things?

I see through thoughtless pedantry easy enough.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides

Image

Thunderbolt steers all things.
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6971
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: Thrudheim

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby Zero_Sum » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:16 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
You have done no such thing.


I see through thoughtless pedantry easy enough.

Not in-depth but I made a basic statement that both are equally destructive of which you haven't tried to refute. Perhaps you can articulate the opposite if that is what you're suggesting.
The condition of man... is a condition of war of everyone against everyone.

I put for the general inclination of all mankind, a perpetual and restless desire of power after power, that ceaseth only in death.

-Thomas Hobbes-
User avatar
Zero_Sum
Machiavellian Negator And Cynic
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: United States- Global Commercial Financial Republican Empire

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:18 am

You may be right or wrong but what's the point if you don't have one yourself?
You have no standard to measure "left" or "right" .
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides

Image

Thunderbolt steers all things.
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6971
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: Thrudheim

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:19 am

Im sick and tired of people referring to categories instead of postulating powerful ideas when it comes to politics.

Oh, Dora is kind of like Minou... and yet they argue.. aint I clever.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides

Image

Thunderbolt steers all things.
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6971
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: Thrudheim

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby Zero_Sum » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:22 am

Fixed Cross wrote:You may be right or wrong but what's the point if you don't have one yourself?
You have no standard to measure "left" or "right" .

The endless corruption of all political affiliations and identities is enough for me to quantify evidence. No standard of measure? I use their own standards of measure to make my own judgement.

Im sick and tired of people referring to categories instead of postulating powerful ideas when it comes to politics.

Oh, Dora is kind of like Minou... and yet they argue.. aint I clever.


What powerful ideas would you suggest?
The condition of man... is a condition of war of everyone against everyone.

I put for the general inclination of all mankind, a perpetual and restless desire of power after power, that ceaseth only in death.

-Thomas Hobbes-
User avatar
Zero_Sum
Machiavellian Negator And Cynic
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: United States- Global Commercial Financial Republican Empire

Re: Liberalism is a proven mental illness

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:29 am

Ill get to that in time.

What do you propose to see against left/right -- and especially, why? What is anything worth at all? How does that work, that things are worthy anything - to you, and in general - ? All this is what drives the whole possibility of a value-dichotomy.

You say the dichotomy is bloated and empty. But is there a fullness somewhere?
Wherever this fullness is, there is power and the potential for ideas of power.

Left/Right is an idea. It commands power over all those that think in its terms. This of itself gives it a substance. But if you can see through artificial distinctions and drill into deeper layers, you need to disregard what you look down on and engage your power directly.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides

Image

Thunderbolt steers all things.
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 6971
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: Thrudheim

Next

Return to Psychology and Mind



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users