The origin of the rape fantasy.

This theory is presented in here: youtube.com/watch?v=mzdqyXtP … re=channel

In the middle of the lecture, the lecturer gave the reason for why men are violate, and women have rape fantasy. In the lecture, He said ancient women like men with superior genes. Those men with inferior genes are left without mates. What happen? Those men with inferior genes rape women. Over time, men become more violate, and good at raping, while women are sexually aroused by being rape.

I don’t think it’s just ancient women who prefer superior genes.

Either way, this doesn’t explain why women would have the fantasy. I think, it’s mainly the role-play of dominance and subjection that’s arousing and not, as it appears suggested, necessarily due to the male being ‘inferior’ gened.

What is that? Genes which give you longer fingers so you can make better tools? Leg muscles which permit you run faster and get away from predators. Larger brains which allow you to build better shelters. A better digestive system so you can use food more efficiently.

Now at the end of this evolutionary process, the majority of men do not rape.

How you can connect “superior genes” to raping is beyond me.

May I interject here? jk i don’t need ur permission

There’s no such thing as “the end of the evolutionary process.”

You should probably change your claiim to ‘while SOME women are sexually aroused by rape’.

‘She probably liked it’ wouldn’t stand up in a courtroom.

Here we are. We evaluate the situation now. We can’t see the future.

Oh come on, it doesn’t take much imagination to know what is meant ‘superior genes.’

That’s true but the OP talks of the “fantasy,” and not the actual incidence of rape. Then again, he might be referring to the fantasy of the rapist…[edit]re-read the OP, it’s the fantasy of the woman.

The OP is not clear about what is fantasy and what is reality. The natural selection described also sounds pretty weird.

so because we can’t see the future we call it the end…interesting. also ridiculous. i’m sure you don’t use that same logic in every-day life. like if you’re driving to the super market and you come to a blind intersection, you don’t say “we’re at the end cuz we can’t see any further.” you’re not at the end. you’re just at an intersection man.

Humpty,

I’m not saying that evolution has ended. I’m making a statement about the OP based on evolutionary history up until present day.

This is a pretty clear case of excess extrapolation from an incomplete reading of “Sex at Dawn” (a great book, btw).

Yes, rape does represent a viable reproductive strategy for males unable to otherwise find a mate. However, “unable to find a mate” is a rather potent qualifier. This is especially true since the “superior” genes that women tend to be attracted to correlate very well with both excessive sperm production and spermicidal agents within the ejaculate – both of which would lead to the sperm from the desired male tending to out-compete the sperm from the undesirable/rapist male. As such, there is no reason to assume that there would be a selective pressure towards such a psychological trait.

Plus, there are much easier explanations. For one thing, you won’t (routinely) find rape fantasies amongst women in conditions where rape is common. Instead, you are most likely to find it amongst women of the most affluent class in first world countries. That invalidates the hypothesis from the get-go. Within that group, post-industrial revolution-style sexual mores are most pronounced due to the strict division of labor which once existed and is still idealized. As such, those women are bombarded with the message that their sexual role is to be utterly submissive. Is it any surprise that such an internalization leads to fetishistic understanding of rape?

That involves a lot fewer steps . . .

I belive it’s due to compulsion, our need to spread genes and women’s need to recive any genes avaliable, which is very practical for our survival in prehistoric time.

I agree. Taboo acts have always teased at the sense of fears vs. reality to the point of creating a fetish in a way. As a kid you are told not to touch the painting. You instinctively want to touch the painting from that point. I can see this example being used for both the person doing the raping and the person having rape fantasies. If you are a woman that has been secure in your life–it seems as though your fears/vices would then be anything that can mix the two together. I’ve never known or heard of a woman that enjoyed being raped. However, I have heard of woman who have rape/choking/bondage fantasies…there is always a safe word though. A sense of control that the submissive one needs to keep panic at bay while seeking pleasure on the edge of fear.

As for the raper–the man could be anyone. Surrounded by lovely woman that pay him no heed (this relates to the original statement) where he would then be mentally transported to that kid that was told not to touch the painting. I do not think it was genetics that gave the man a predisposition to violence and rape. It may have given him a baser instinct set. Everyone has a moral compass (no matter the religion they belong to) that will come in to play (or should) when faced with a situation like this. Only those that do not feel guilt or have a broken sense right and wrong would continue. I don’t think breeding has anything to do with that. I think upbringing does. Even my dog knows right from wrong because he knows the consequences.

Oh geeze, women make rape so damn confusing and complicated. How is a guy suppose to know when to rape and when to just walk past her politely in the park? All the signals are so mixed and confusing.

We need to come out with a rape ribbon, that women wear when they want to be raped by some random guy. This way, only the people who want to be raped get raped, while the women who don’t want it don’t. Only women and rapist should know what the ribbon looks like… we need to make sure their husbands are not informed, so it’s important for the school system to inform the kids most likely to rape what it looks like, and the girls during the class where they have to watch the period video… but under no circumstances the boys most likely to marry women, especially not the ones who will have the rape fantasy and want to wear the ribbon.

See… pretty simple stuff. I fixed it, I solved rape.

My god…

You funny bastard…

Philosophising with duct tape? You would make a kick-ass rancher… I would suggest politics, but that would require you to loose your sense of humor.

I’ve been experiancing some stuff relevant to this, not sure if I should discuss it or not.

Umm… have you been raping women stoic?

No, Recently I had been thinking about the subject of Rape.

At one point I was wondering if I would ever be in a situation where I’d consider doing such.

Of course my initial thought is no I never would, I statred thinking over differant scenario’s (“fantasies”) where it might be consider justifiable.

Recently I had a dream where I was in some kind of war, and some women tried to stab me in the neck but I got a hold of her arms and threw her to the ground.

I was in on top of her and had this sense that no matter what I did I’d have control of her and that she wouldn’t be able to get away and I contemplated having my way with her, but then after some thought I figured “No, I don’t want that, I’m better than that.”

And this I believe is a valdation that I would never do such a thing.

Don’t worry, all men have rape fantasies eventually. I’ve heard them from a lot of guys, and it disturbs them… as it ought to. I too had a dream. Doesn’t mean you’ll do that while your awake. Just means all humans- hell, most mammals, have ancestors who raped, and it’s primed in us on a archetypal level. Best solution is a loving relationship where our sexual needs are honestly discussed, and if possible, pursued and met.

Women do react to oddities, like the hand being put over their mouths in sex, or restrained in terms of their arms being held down while making silverback grunting noises. It’s the look in the eyes that let you know. Doesn’t mean they want to get raped in their mundane everyday moments by the guy at the photo copier machine.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppyq7LWtbyY[/youtube]

Or maybe I am wrong on that last part.

Hilarious and true.

Evolution has slowed down but by no means has it stopped.