human sexual selection

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: human sexual selection

Postby MagsJ » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:11 pm

Three Times Great wrote:Magsj when did you start moderating the psychology forum..? I remember (Carleas?) or whoever used to do it not getting quite so bent out of shape over disagreements... one reason I preferred the psych to the phil forum...

...since November 2009 TTG - I am (once again) responding to a report raised by a poster in regard to a reply to their post, where they felt that they were being personally attacked and not their views on the topic, which is an understandable gripe to have, no?

A mod's gotta do their job, after-all :handgestures-salute:
Examine what is said, not him who speaks.
~Arab Proverb

The Narcissist exists whereby every activity and relationship is defined by the hedonistic need to acquire the symbols of spiritual wealth, this becoming the only expression of rigid, yet covert, social hierarchies. It is a culture where liberalism only exists insofar as it serves a consumer society, and even art, sex and religion lose their liberating power.
MagsJ
Triumvirate

Postby Three Times Great » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:17 pm

Magsj wrote:
Three Times Great wrote:Magsj when did you start moderating the psychology forum..? I remember (Carleas?) or whoever used to do it not getting quite so bent out of shape over disagreements... one reason I preferred the psych to the phil forum...

...since November 2009 TTG - I am (once again) responding to a report raised by a poster in regard to a reply to their post, where they felt that they were being personally attacked and not their views on the topic, which is an understandable gripe to have, no?

:handgestures-salute:

It depends on whether or not, in attacking another one's views, that one is themselves also necessarily "attacked". Do you really think these can always be separated out from each other, a person's views and the person themselves? Such separation may be maintained only at the surface level, which is where, when we are bound by "not hurting other people's feelings" or not "personally attacking them" (always in the eye of the beholder), the conversation always remains..
Three Times Great
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:54 pm

...not replying to the points that a poster has made, but instead conjuring up a reply based on a poster's known beliefs is a valid reason for them to report a post.
Examine what is said, not him who speaks.
~Arab Proverb

The Narcissist exists whereby every activity and relationship is defined by the hedonistic need to acquire the symbols of spiritual wealth, this becoming the only expression of rigid, yet covert, social hierarchies. It is a culture where liberalism only exists insofar as it serves a consumer society, and even art, sex and religion lose their liberating power.
MagsJ
Triumvirate

Previous

Return to Psychology and Mind