the psychology of objectivism - one possible narrative

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: the psychology of objectivism - one possible narrative

Postby iambiguous » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:30 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:Look what I found:

You're not being ironic, are you? :o

She's like a caricature of a cartoon character Randroid.

Oh, and [of course] she's a Kid. :wink:

So, have you nailed her yet?
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Magnus Anderson » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:31 pm

But isn't objectivist someone who thinks he's better than everyone else?
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby Magnus Anderson » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:01 pm

Is that a silence I am hearing?
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:36 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:Is that a silence I am hearing?

Note to myself: Move on to others. :obscene-tolietclaw:
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:56 pm

You are refusing to answer simple questions.

The video claims that objectivists are herd-like. How is that the same as alpha-man-like?
-- Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby Lev Muishkin » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:31 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:You are refusing to answer simple questions.

The video claims that objectivists are herd-like. How is that the same as alpha-man-like?

An objective notion is only so, because the majority accept it as true regardless of their own opinion. Thus objectivism is a complete denial of the individual, and personal views. To be an objectivist is to FOLLOW the received wisdom: the wisdom of the priest, the king or tyrant. Ae these what you refer to as "alpha-men". The men that own you?

An objective statement is perfectly okay for matters of scientific interest, but when it comes to culturally and morally mediated assertions pur objectivity is absurd.

"Science is entirely Faith Based.... Obama is Muslim....Evil is the opposition to life (e-v-i-l <=> l-i-v-e ... and not by accident). Without evil there could be no life.", James S. Saint.
"The Holocaust was the fault of the Jews; The Holocaust was not genocide", Kriswest
"A Tortoise is a Turtle", Wizard
" Hitler didn't create the Nazis. In reality, the Judists did ... for a purpose of their own. Hitler was merely one they chose to head it up after they discovered the Judist betrayal in WW1, their "Judas Iscariot";James S Saint.
These just keep getting funnier.
Lev Muishkin
Philosopher

Postby Lev Muishkin » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:35 pm

The girl in the video is just like any other religious acolyte.
She's a follower, and that is all objectivists are: followers of someone else's view of objectivity.

"Science is entirely Faith Based.... Obama is Muslim....Evil is the opposition to life (e-v-i-l <=> l-i-v-e ... and not by accident). Without evil there could be no life.", James S. Saint.
"The Holocaust was the fault of the Jews; The Holocaust was not genocide", Kriswest
"A Tortoise is a Turtle", Wizard
" Hitler didn't create the Nazis. In reality, the Judists did ... for a purpose of their own. Hitler was merely one they chose to head it up after they discovered the Judist betrayal in WW1, their "Judas Iscariot";James S Saint.
These just keep getting funnier.
Lev Muishkin
Philosopher

Previous

Return to Psychology and Mind