Dream Interpretation: Making Puzzle Books

I’m sick. I’ve been sick with some kind of stomach bug since Wednesday. This afternoon, while I was having a nap, I had a dream…

I was making these booklets. They were like puzzle booklets. They’d be maybe ten pages in length and on each page would be a puzzle to be solved. I’d incorporate gadgets and switches and stuff, movable parts like levers and buttons. So on one page, for example, I had a button that caused a pop-up to spring out when you pushed it, but you could flip a switch and that would cause a different pop-up to spring out when you pushed the same button. The whole point was that you’d have to figure out some sequence of moves in order to attain some goal.

Anyway, I had these booklets scattered all around the room–some on the couch, some on the table, some on the floor–and there was a man there in a dark robe with a hood pulled over his head so I couldn’t see his face.

He was some kind of mentor or boss, and he was asking me questions about the booklets in order to see if I did everything I was supposed to. For example, he’d ask:

“Did you mark the difficulty level on each puzzle?”

“Yes”

“Did you use [such-and-such] tools?”

“Yes”

Then he asked: “Did you make it so that the solutions to certain puzzles would work for other puzzles?”

To which I said: “Well, I’m kind of limited by the technology–there’s only so many ways I can build a puzzle, and so some ways had to be repeated, so yes, what you’d have to do in order to solve one puzzle will probably work for other puzzles. But no, I didn’t deliberately set out to make certain solutions transferable to other puzzles.”

And that’s all I remember.

I didn’t know at the time, but after I woke up, I was sure the man represented my unconscious. If I were to further guess, I’d say he was trying to help me find ways to get over my sickness.

But I could be wrong. Care to venture a guess?

Maybe your dream is trying to tell you that your organizational skills and conscientiousness is what is making you sick. The description of the monk is very interesting though. Hopefully you’ll dream about him again. I would love to have a dream about him.

There is no fixed solution to any problem, gib. Each one needs to be solved on its own merits. Next time you see the monks, ask him his name and why he is really there.

I have organization skills?! :astonished:

If you have any questions for him, I’ll be sure to ask him.

You know, I’ve been thinking of anti-biotics today. I got a prescription from my doctor today and I got some. The body tries to produce its own anti-bodies in its attempt to fight bacteria. It’s like a puzzle. You have to build the right ones such that they fit the bacteria perfectly, and once you find it, it’s easy to produce them in mass quantities, and then the bacteria doesn’t stand a chance.

This isn’t the first time I’ve been sick like this–with a stomach flu that is–I’ve gone through this kind of hell on occasion for the past 3 years or so. I used to get colds whenever there was one going around–I’d get the symptoms: scratchy throat, stuffed nose, lethargy–but ever since 3 years ago, I’d get the stomach flu instead. I have not had cold symptoms since. Usually the flu would last about a couple days or so (roughly as long as a cold). This one’s lasted almost a week. And it’s the third time its happened in two months.

Maybe my body’s getting frustrated. Maybe it thinks the anti-bodies it produced for the first few times around–the first solution to the problem–should work for all subsequent rounds. This would make sense assuming it’s the same bacteria. It most likely has been for the few times it’s happened in the last couple months, and maybe it has been for the past 3 years (my doctor says that viruses can trigger bacterial infections out from their dormant states). Maybe my body is complaining: why isn’t my solution working for every instance of the problem!!! :angry-cussing:

Well, now I’ve got my over-the-counter anti-biotics, so maybe this will kill the bug once and for all, and I can go back to having the common cold. :laughing:

You certainly appear to from that dream of yours. Reading that had my head spinning. :stuck_out_tongue:

lol I don’t think that that would work, gib. It would have to be my dream - conjured up from my unconscious.

Yes, it’s like the right kind of explosion going off in order to topple the building. I do think that there are too many doctors who give too many prescriptions for too many antiobotics. One of these days nothing will work. Better to stay with the chicken soup and yoogurt - maybe.

I may be wrongt here but your doctor gave you antibiotics for the stomach flu? Maybe I misunderstood.

Oh okay so it is bacterial? Don’t know much about that maybe it has something to do with some of the food which you eat. Those bugs are so strong - one has to admire them lol. But it’s a fight to the finish, to the death. gib. When you take antiobiotics gib do you finish them or do you stop when you’re feeling better? They say that you have to finish them.

You can get antibiotics over the counter, gib?

Maybe the one to really consult about your dream would be Sherlock Holmes. I have a feeling he’d be able decipher it for you after a while. Do you take on too much at a time in your life, gib?

Still, the results might be interesting (hell, just meeting him again would be interesting).

Actually, my doctor specifically told me not to eat yogurt for the stomach flu. There seems to be some health benefits from chicken soup though, according to Google.

Yeah, because it’s a bacteria (he actually said it may be e-coli).

Yes, you have to finish them. Just because you feel better doesn’t mean the bugs are gone. You really have to follow through. I know from experience with our daughter’s ear infections. We ended up forgetting to bring her anti-biotics with us on a weekend excursion one time. We figured, well, it’s near the end and she’s obviously feeling better, so it’s probably not a big deal. But two weeks later, it came back and we had to get the prescription refilled. If not every single one of those little buggers is eliminated, they’ll somehow find a way to hide and come back with a vengeance.

Well, I did need a prescription, but yes, I literally got it over the counter.

I think you’re right about Holmes. And yes, I’m always taking on work in my life. I take some time to chat here at ILP sometimes, which is a good break, and then there’s that other nasty habit which you know about (which can be a real stress relief but also makes me lazy). But other than that, I’ve always got projects on the go–either my work, my family, or my own creative endeavors.

Hey, is that quote in your sig really by Anna Frank herself?

No, Gib.

That man does not represent your unconscious nor was he trying to help you in any way with your health problem.

Secondly, that is merely a coincidence that you had this dream during your illness. Actually, that happens with many people as they use to have vivid dreams more during such periods. The actual reason for having vivid and remembrable dreams is that a person have to sleep more than his normal sleeping time, and that usually happens during illness. The only other alternate to this state is earning the capacity for sleeping with some mindfulness, means some portion of your conscious mind keeps itself awake all the time, even during the sleep, so you can rememer all the dreams, without sleeping overtime.

As far as the content of the dream is concerned, it is not much related to your routine life. so you need not worry about that.

By the way, have you ever been or thought of becoming some sort of teacher/instructor of any kind in your life?

with love,
sanjay

Sure I’ve thought of it, but no more than anyone else I would think.

Care to venture a guess as to the meaning of my dream, Sanjay?

I do not have to guess because i know exactly what your dream means and it is not a rocket science either if one is aware of certain basic facts about humans and dreams.

I have no problem telling that either but the problem is that i have nothing to make you believe that.

with love,
sanjay

Well, it’s not always about belief. Sometimes there’s value in entertaining the idea.

You mean the Monk? I think so. The strange thing is that sometimes when you’ve come upon one of these dark interesting figures, you wake up before you’ve had the opportunity to face him to find out what he has to say. Sometimes, I run from him and wake up. I once ran from this woman with really long hair and a long flowing gown. She was walking down this kind of corridor - almost like she was floating. …and so slowly. Her face was so passive and revealed nothingIt actually creeped me out. If she was another self of mine, she was a creepy one. I ran away from her screaming - and then I woke up. And then later on I was upset - damn, I wanted to face her and see what she wanted of me, what she had to say to me. I absolutely know that she was there for a reason.

The chicken soup thingy? This is the first time you’ve heard about this? It’ supposedly has natural antibiotic remedy within it.

Yeah, because it’s a bacteria (he actually said it may be e-coli).

You have to be especially careful with a child’s earaches - especially careful with children insofar as anything goes health-wise.

lol You dweeb! That’s not what I meant. :evilfun: I’m going to tell that Monk the next time you dream of him to chase you down and then to remail silent, after telling you that he has something extremely important to tell you - something that will change your life for the good. But he’ll just laugh at you sardonically and then smile silently. It will eat you alive until you wake up.

Speaking of puzzles and [codes] maybe Alan Turing can help you. There’s a movie coming out about him, about his life this month - Imitation Game. I fully plan to go see it. He abnd his life interests me.
How many times have you re-read what you wrote about this dream and the puzzles? Sometimes just reading it and not having any expectations about it, either way, something might eventually click somewhere in your mind - or at least the next Monk lol dream which you have may open a window or a mind and your unconscious will reveal what it’s all about. Oh no, that will be the dream after the next one. The very next dream the Monk will be silent. Right there might be a hint into the puzzle. I don’t know.

Ah yes. Do you walk gib, get exercise? Are you making any leeway there?

Yes, that’s Anne Frank’s quote. Pretty wise young girl she was, considering what she was going through. But then again, waking up to what she experienced tends to make one wise - but sometimes not.
I’m trying to consider who the next Jewish personage shall be who I want to put into my avatar. i am making an onging statement.

Okay.

In that case, you have to understand what exactly humans and dreams are in the first place.

A human leads two lives simultaneously, one for this world and one for the realm that his soul belongs. The life belongs to this world is lived by conscious mind and the other one is by subconscious mind/soul. What we call subconscious mind is nothing but the conscious mind of the soul. So, we are basically two persons living in one body, though soul has its own body too.

This worldy life is a training and testing center or school for the soul. The soul learns here through the predetermined circumstances at the macro level, which are created directly and indirectly by the authorities, who belong to the realm of the soul. In our normal language and understanding, we call them angels, deities or gods. So, basically, a god is residing within each individual.

The realm of the soul is almost similar to this world, rather i should say that this world is crude imitation of that realm, something like that stimulator that is used for the training of the airplane pilots. The soul learns and sharpens its skills indirectly through the worldly life.

Dreams are the representation of routine life of the soul to the conscious mind through metaphors and analogies taken form this worldy life. This is done in order to convey such things which authorities consider necessary for the conscious mind to know. And, this is merely a very small part of total dreams. The fact of the matter is that we use to dream all the sleeping time but cannot remember all. To be more precise, we even dream most of the time while being awake and engaging with this world too as soul keeps itself busy with its own life.

Coming to your dream in particular, that tells about the life and purpose of your soul coming to this world. You are told about the status of your learning/goal. The dream also indicates that you are watched and taken care of and more or less on the right path too, though not exactly there where you are expected to be.

That is why you wrote the book named the nuts and bolts of the consciousness. The dream indicates that though your direction is right but you are still not up to the mark. That precisicion is still missing and that you are supposed to achieve. That is the goal given to your soul.

with love,
sanjay

Ah, I see you do not take to fear lightly. You want to go back and face it, understanding it, and grow above it.

Well, no, but it’s the first time I’ve actually researched it. I’ve never known, before recently, whether it’s an old wives tale or based on something solid.

Yes, one can never be too cautious about the health of one’s children–with Cassidy, I swear to God, it’s her thumb sucking. Who knows what bacteria that thumb has collected. It’s responsible, I swear, for both her ear infections and the occasional upset stomach.

I know. But I think I had my wires crossed–I forgot that “over the counter” meant that you didn’t need a prescription–I had this image of literally getting it over the counter.

You wouldn’t, would you? Oh God, you know the ways of torture, don’t you? :laughing:

Yes, in the summer time, I ride my bike to and from work–one hour each way. In the Winter, I hibernate like a bear (except that’s when I eat the most–God damned Halloween, Thanks Giving, Christmas, my birthday, etc.), but then in the Spring I get back on the bike, lose weight, get healthy again, and the cycle continues.

Damn, she must have been a very precocious young girl. To speak that eloquently at the age of what couldn’t have been more than 15 (she died at 15, correct?). Imagine what contributions she could have left the world if she were permitted to live to a ripe old age (and possibly still be living today).

You are, huh? What’s gotten you into Judaism recently? Or is it sematism? Or Nazism? (I read through your exchange with Erik in the Post a Picture tread, btw… what’s with Nietzschean philosophy leading to fascism anyway? I swear to God, speaking as a Nietzsche fan myself, the guy wasn’t that bad… in fact, I’m told there’s a few passages where he deliberately juxtaposes the Jews against his own native German culture and praises the former for putting to shame the latter).

Anyway, on to Sanjay’s wisdom of dreams:

You’re right, I don’t believe that. But I could. You see, Sanjay, like Arc, I’m an agnostic–I never claim to know anything, not for certain–how could I? Who am I to say I know?–but I can be open minded, and I am very open minded to the things you suggest–in fact, there have been times when I’ve been uncannily suspicious, on an intuitive level, that what you described above is exactly the way things work in the greater world beyond us.

That being said, I can appreciate your interpretation of my dream wholeheartedly. It resonates to perfection. But don’t you think it’s at least possible to get messages, from the unconscious, through dreams, from your body? Is not the unconscious a middle-man, so to speak, between the systems of your body and the parts of your brain connected to conscious thinking? The body is a very sophisticated–and intelligent–organized system (what do you think the term “organ” comes from?). If it’s having problems, it must have the capacity to communicate with the conscious mind–just another organ (speaking in terms of the brain) in the same body–in order to inform it of its problems in the hopes of recruiting its help somehow.

But then again, it occurs to me that your interpretation and mine need not conflict. After all, all you are talking about is a life, a world, a network of intelligences, beyond the conscious ego. All I’m talking about, after all, is a life, a world, a network of intelligences, beyond the conscious ego. If these higher beings charges with looking after us–the gods, the angels, the guiding spirits–were to manifest themselves in physical form before us, what form would they take?–perhaps, I venture to guess, forms that look like the heart, the lungs, the kidneys, the brain, etc.

(Hey, if they’re charged with watching over us, they have to follow us where ever we go, right?)

That is fine.

I can understand that.

That is not a wrong assumption either. But, that is merely one of the many possibilities and not the reality.

They will take what their actual form is, which is almost the same as humans.

Believe me or not, that actually happens. We not only being watched by them 24/7 throughout our life, besides that, they have the capacity to insert the thoughts that they want into our mind, and we confuse those with our thoughts. That is how they push us in the direction that they want.

with love,
sanjay

Well, that’s interesting. Thanks very much for the interpretation, Sanjay. I guess it’s a positive one: it’s good to know I’m on the right track even though I may have much precision to work on–but that’s life: we’re always challenged to improve ourselves in life, aren’t we?

Actually, we all use to stay on the right path, more or less. There is not much choice either because of capacity and influence of our governing authorities. Barring some exceptions, humans cannot overrule authorities and bound to follow the prescribed path.

Having said that, there is a twist in the tail.

Human life has two related but different purposes; one is training and the other is teasting of that training.

When training goes on, no liberty is given whatsoever. Each and every moment at the micro level is manipulated to get the necessary circumstances/conditions required for training. One cannot exercise his free will at all but forced to go through all that whether he likes it or not.

But, things use to be not the same when one completes his taining and supposed to show what he has learned so far. During the testing, one is given such a set of situation that is necessary to test his learning. Once put on the test, authorities do not interfere at all and only watch carefully how one is using his learning. That is the time when humans use to have free will and can act on their own.

If one shows required results during the testing time, his soul is free to leave the human realm and return to its native realm. But, if one fails in the test, he has to go through the process of learning again. This process will be repeated till the desired results would not come. That is why many incarnations of the soul happen.

with love,
sanjay

Is it true that these testing phases can occur several times in one’s life time? And if one continuously fails in this life, then one must continue to train in another life?

You say that we used to go through testing. Are you saying this doesn’t happen anymore?

As a thumb rule, that does happen but may happen in some exceptional cases. Life is either training or test, though both of these can easily happen in one lifetime but but not manytimes in one lifetime generally.

Yes. That is why it is useless to running away from the circumstances and taking the steps like suicide. One has to face those circumstances anyway, sooner or later. Thus, the sooner, the better.

Blame it to my English or typing. I did not mean that. That was the case since the begning of the humans and will continue to be till humans are on this earth. That is the only purpose of creating humans on this earth and sending souls to live a human life.

with love,
sanjay

So Sanjay, is this wisdom of dreams you seem to have something you arrived at with your own cunning and insight, or is this traditionally the way your culture understands dreams?

There is long story behind that but let us not go into that.

To sum up for you, some extraordinary circumstances forced me come closer to some people, or rather they popped up in the middle of my life from nowhere, to whom i would have never have any interaction normally. That opened a new world for me.

They were not the masters of all this but i got a vague idea or clue from those and tried mediation very seriously, perhaps closer to the level of old Buddhism scholars or Hindu Sages for about two years of my life and got some initial breakthroughs. Those were unprecedented and unexplainable too. My perception started building from there. I became curious and restless and tried to seek answers from those people, who gave me initial start, but they were unable to guide me further. So, i had no option but to look for other sources.

As those were the religious persons, though not having any scholarly knowledge, so i decided to check the religious literature to check myself to get the answers.

I started from Islam because my guiders were Muslims. As i got into the details, i became surpised to see that all explanations were there, by and large. I experienced more with the time and being a Hindu, i checked Hindu religious literature with the yoga/meditation too. And, again to my surprise, the same details and explanations were there too. The difference between the two was merely linguistic.

So, basically what i am saying is based on my experiences and conclusions, though religious literature helped me a lot a deriving conclusions as they confirmed many of my perceptions. So, it is not in the contrast with religions/culture, by and large, though there may be some minor differences here and there.

with love,
sanjay

So Sanjay, are there people walking this Earth who are fully enlightened about their roll and their relations with the spirits beyond this world? I mean, you’re aware obviously, but wouldn’t that be in a theoretical way only? Is it possible for people to be born with full awareness of where they just came from, and of all the spirits guiding them, and of whether the life they are living is training or a test?