Modern psychology - a joke?

If not modern psychologists, then what? What non-modern psychologists are there to appreciate in your opinion?

There may be modern psychologists who aren’t in denial, how can I know? Just because I haven’t come across one does not mean there isn’t one. But the ones I’ve seen, they all appear to be in denial. Theorizing about denial while themselves being in denial.

Take a look at that link I posted. This one: darvsmith.com/dox/codependency_book.html

If he’s not in denial, then why does he say that one should “love one’s neighbour”? Does he perhaps mean something other than what I understand by that phrase? It’s strange, because it is not possible for a honest individual to love everyone. It’s “emotionally dishonest”, to use his term. I am not saying you should kill your neighbour, I’m just saying you can’t love every neighbour.

The problem with conquering denial is that it’s easy to simply replace one form of denial with another while thinking you are no longer in denial. You cease denying one set of emotions, but end up denying another. The psychologist I linked appears to be on the feminine side, denying his masculine emotions. This is supported by the fact that he considers modern age to be predominantly masculine. But modern age is perverted in multiple directions, it is both hyper-masculine and hyper-feminine.

Sure, being at war with your neighbour for no reason is hyper-masculine, a self-denial, but loving him unconditionally is just as bad. Of course, if you tone down your exaggerated masculinity, you will end up being more friendly toward your neighbour, but not THAT friendly.

I meant to ask specifically what psychologists you recommend as being good, to give me/us something to measure moderns by. Just asking for your opinion of what a few good psychologists are and what they should be like, for reference against moderns.

philosophical underpinnigs are fairly new, and if psychology is a joke, surely, philosophy is too. But, if it is, then the joke is too recent, as well, and no one is lauhing, (yet), and if they do, it usually assumed, that the last laugh is on them. And no one really wants that.

Hey, Orbie.

But what if just the reverse is true? …:
“Psychological underpinnigs are fairly new, and if philosophical is a joke, surely, psychology is too. But, if it is, then the joke is too recent, as well, and no one is lauhing, (yet), and if they do, it usually assumed, that the last laugh is on them. And no one really wants that.”
I think this is more true …

Modern psychology is merely useless, if it is as it was: a subdiscipline of philosophy and not more.

The chemical industry and other industries want to sell their “products”. First they selled them only on physicians, then they started to sell them also on psychyatrists or even psychologists. And the next step is alraedy achieved, isn’t it? If yes: what will be the after next step?

I think I answered that question, didn’t I? All I want is a honest psychologist. I am not aware of anyone specific.

Honesty is a complex subject, worthy of its own thread.

You might want to copy and paste over where he said that and what he said before and after that.
Loving one’s neighbor may be as simple as wishing them well, not wishing them harm, being helpful when you can. It doesn’t necessarily have to mean what is usually meant by many christians.

Mother Teresta had her way of loving her neighbor but even her neighbor wasn’t everyone though I’m sure that globally speaking she felt love for all - but we don’t have the time and energy to love everyone. We need to decide who is going to be our neighbor.

That phrase means different things to different people, Magnus Anderson.
What do you really think he meant by it? Re-read it and please copy and paste it over. I would be interested to know what he meant.

If all you want is an honest psychologist, Magnus, you may just get one who is completely abrupt and almost abusive.

You might actually want one who shows he cares and is interested by paying attention, who allows his patient or client to speak, doesn’t interrupt and doesn’t tell him how he really “should” think and “should” feel, and how he “should” live his life.

You might also want want who is quite aware of how transference works between psychologist and patient and vica versa and who is balanced enough and understanding enough to juggle that knowledge and experience between the two and help the patient to work through it.

What’s the difference between psychiatry and state reeducation exactly in behavioural modifications of entire populations?

Do your research and you will find out the penis didn’t start with modern psychology.

But what to do with it did.

Oops… Freudian slip (I meant to say joke).

Autsider,

That’s not actually a logical example now, is it? Can you see Sweden doing that?
If you DO NOT disregard their right to do that and do not fight to stop them, THEN you may be antisocial and have a personality disorder. Right reason doesn’t disappear because some because irrational.

Do we disregard our own moral and ethical codes because the law says that it now okay to do this or that?
Take abortion for example. According to the law in this country, at one time it was illegal and then it became legal.
Aside from seeing things differently/perspective changing as a result of what we’ve experienced and what others have experienced, we may have a different outlook on abortion. But what we do is based on what is right and ethical for us - not necessarily, according to the law…if that made any sense to you.

Modern psychology is able to see the irrational mind but I don’t think or intuit that it agrees with or accepts irrational behavior or irrational laws as the norm or optimal behavior…simply based on absurd law (your example).

Modern psychology is no more a joke than is physics or astronomy, et cetera. It’s an exploration of those far-away galaxies, black holes, dark matter, et cetera, within the mind. Just as man journeys through the universe, psychology journeys where no man has gone before into the minds of Man in order to discover and explain Man to Man. The Mind is just as much the hidden frontier as is the universe.
One might say that psychology is like a far-reaching telescope to see what is revealed and to reveal what is hidden ~~ not unlike philosophy for that matter.
How can anything which seeks out the truth and reality of a hidden landscape and tries to explain it be a joke?

A problem with both philosophy and psychology develops when people start thinking of them as sciences (which they are not).

Possibly not philosophy but psychology yes can be viewed as a science.

a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws:
the mathematical sciences.
systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.
any of the branches of natural or physical science.
systematized knowledge in general.
knowledge, as of facts or principles; knowledge gained by systematic study.
a particular branch of knowledge.
skill, especially reflecting a precise application of facts or principles; proficiency.

The human brain and the mind by extension ARE part of the physical world and can be seen as a science.
psychologytoday.com/blog/un … e-argument

In a sense.

But it is.

In the 50’s they did lobotomies on people…surgically removing parts of the brain…the equivalent of medieval bloodletting. No scientific evidence behind it or evidence that it actually helped anything. How is that not a joke?

In the 60’s they said homosexuality was a disease…Homosexuality is not a disease, it occurs in nature whenever a species is sexually stratified…Not to mention, the only chance to turn someone straight is by testosterone…they didn’t even try that…because they are idiots…Again, another one of their jokes…

They made up another disorder called “anti-authority disorder” If anyone fears or dislikes authority…then they are mentally ill…another joke of theirs…

They tried to stop people from being transgender by giving them shock therapy…How would that even work? Where is the correlation that getting electrocuted will change your gender identity? Again, another one of their sick jokes…

Now they added coffee drinking as a mental illness too…

Depends on what part of they anatomy they attached the probes to.

I would say electrocuting their balls would make them more transgender, not less.