Weird Dream

I had this dream last night: I dreamed that several months ago I got pregnant. It was some weird experimental thing to see if guys could get pregnant. But I had forgotten about it. In the dream, someone was reminding me. I thought about the fact that for the past several months, I drank a lot of booz. I was like: “Oh shit, now my baby’s gonna have fetal alcohol syndrome”.

What the fuck does this dream mean?

Merry Christmas everyone.

It means you need a stronger nightcap. You have to be a little bit more drunk when you go to sleep so that the dreams will stop.

I think it is a very complex dream, one whose basic point of reference has to do with guilt. I think the baby is a hidden metaphor, and it probably masks subliminal ideas. The baby could really be a manifestation of your own helplessness in regard to problems with containment, excercise of will to overcome alcohol, fears that you yourself may be physically hurt by drink. The fact that it has not been borne yet, may explain the guilt associated with
negative health concerns.

I really don’t think, that your dream literally encompasses sexually ambiguous, conscious preoccupations, since dreams are by definition unconscious manifestations.

And Merry Christas to You, also.

It meant that you are becoming a new person by your own volition.

Merry Christmas and thank the Lord, gib.

If that’s true, I’m becoming a worse person.

They have to come from somewhere. :sunglasses:

baby is you,
taking james’s idea of becming a new person and extending it.
Part of you becoming a new person is noticing how the old you treated you.
Sometimes to change is to notice that we needed to change, after the fact. In fact it can be hard to change because we do not want to notice what we have done to ourselves or others.
Here, you have decided to change and this allows you to notice that you have not treated yourself as well as you might.
Fear that you have made the change too late. That you are already too damaged.

Fear, that is, not that you have done this.

A very positive dream I would say. And since you had this dream on Christmas there is an implicit self-compliment involved.

Good enough interpretation as any other.

And it’s a bit more optimistic than my interpretation of James’s interpretation. It’s not that I’m becoming a worse person, but that I see the damage I’ve been doing to the me I’m soon to become, and when I become that me, the damage will stop.

??
I don’t see the difference from what I said. :confused:

Good, bad, or indifferent, you are becoming a new you (“reborn”)(or at least a part of you believes that you are).

[size=85]{{sometimes that happens when people get fucked}}.[/size]

It probably isn’t. I said it was different from my interpretation of your interpretation.

I interpreted you as saying: I am now an alcoholic, I will become a person with fetal alcohol syndrome (all metaphorical of course).

Actually, I intended and meant quite the opposite (as usual with you).

Actually, it was more an interpretation of myself based on your interpretation.

Yeah, I’d agree with most of the people here. You’re pregnant with thoughts/ideas/future etc yet you know what you’re currently doing is not conducive to a healthy ‘birth’. Pretty simple and direct really, which is nice. You now have to think about how you’re going to move forward.

Sorry to hear about your separation, gib. It must have been hard around Christmas even if you did get to see the kids for a little while.

Gib,

I am bit surprised that you did not get it. I think that it is a pretty straightforward.

This dream is not about physical pregnancy but a mental one. You got mentally pregnant by anyone, means, someone told you something new and important some time back. It is still cooking and evolving in your subconscious mind, but you are not paying enough attention to it. The dream is reminding you about that and asking for paying attention to that consciously also.

With love,
Sanjay

Thanks Chakra.

Christmas was OK. I got to see the kids and we had fun.

Just out of curiosity, where did you read about my separation? I know I wrote it somewhere on these boards but I forget.

My honest opinion about my dream is that it doesn’t mean anything. Not everything has to have some deep significant meaning.

The forgetting and the alcohol stuff, I think my dream just made up because I started questioning the things it already made up (being pregnant) and it had to come up with something.

The only thing that was really “given” to me by the dream was that I was pregnant. The rest came about from me questioning this news. Why had I not remembered for the past several months? I guess I forgot. Have I been taking care of the baby? Well, no, I been drinking. Oh shit! ← That was just me drawing some conclusion on my own accord.

If you drink, you should stop. If you don’t drink, you should start.

Gib,

That is not true in the case of dreams. They cannot mean nothing, imaginary or without any cause/purpose. Drinking or drugs do not have any role whatsoever in the process of dreams, neither the conscious mind has. Dreams are related to subconscious mind only, on which conscious mind do not have any control generally.

With love,
Sanjay

I think this must have been the place: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=188627&start=125