UCLA memory quiz: Alzheimer's or nah?

This article was sent through my daily ‘Vanity Fair, cocktail hour’ newsletter… I got moderate, but not because I’m getting dementia, but because I’ve always been forgetful since a teen… due to my ascetic diet - I’ve always preferred to starve down until my next meal, as always being satiated and full is not good for longevity, but it might be good for industry, and fuck industry over health.

memoryrate.com/?dkt_nbr=7glugoeh … memoryrate

I found this quiz stupid.
I’ve never been good with names - and all those questions at the start make it look like I’ve got memory problems when it has more to do with a personality trait, being concerned with people and their identity not their labels.
I can pinpoint a person I have seen to the exact period and circumstances we first met. I surprise people with this ability but as for names, they just don’t seem to matter to me. One John, or Cath is just a label, not unique and says nothing about the person. people who say that this or that person is a typical “George” are out of their minds.

As for Bowie, I remember every words of his songs.

I think memory is selective… Alzheimer’s permitting… we remember what we need to remember + there’s a link post-test to buy a book on how to make ones’ memory strong again, so the ambiguous questions might have something to do with that… because I DID find them ambiguous.

I guess if we can remember (good) memories from our childhood and beyond then we are fine, but I know that due to our current food supplies we are very susceptible to dementia, amongst other ailments.

I knew I should have also posted the Bowie link :wink: