Heart

:laughing: Very good. As a metaphor, that knot is a good example of you as a one liner ~~ at least to me.
I thought at first that they were ear plugs, but since they are so entwined, I can’t know for sure. There would appear to be "something’ more there which might make them something other than earplugs but unless it is clarified, it goes “undetermined” (except by those who have knowledge of it) ~~just as one-liners might leave much to be desired in exploring truth. “God is love”; “life is pain”, for example…leaves much to be desired. Elaboration of necessary.

Could one actually “hear” and “learn” the music of the universe as they are in that tool’s image ~ in such a messy, gnarled condition?

I might think in terms of Philosophy when I look at that image. One-liners might not unravel it to reveal what it is in actuality. A one-liner might simply find its way to either its beginning or ending point but then what?
Philosophy to me dictates that that cord or wiring be systematically unraveled to reveal “what is there” and if it finds that it is not earphones, then it continues on by examination, exploration, questioning, to determine what it might be. What we see at first glance is not necessarily always what there is or what it is. So we look and look and look…

One-liners might simply be philosophical notions which are screaming out to be discovered in depth just like all of that wiring is screaming to be untied…just like the so-called Gordian Knot, which may be/can be painstakingly loosened though never cut ~~ but still ~~ all kinds of interesting things and truth is to be found in the “unraveling”. Why the chokehold?

Feel free to believe that I am lecturing though for me I’m giving you my perspectives and/or my musings.
Who knows but that perhaps they are closely synonymous. I do sense a difference though.
Beliefs are also a kind of entanglement when they are simply one liners.

When I say that “I may be wrong” I am not confirming that I am – just that there is that possibility. It’s keeping an open mind as to my fallibility. Basically what goes on here are perspectives but I do “see” things…some are right and some are wrong.

You, on other other hand, “absolutely” affirm that I am wrong but you give no reasoning for it - just that I am.
You have barely even begun to find the beginning or end to that wire.
It remains just as entangled and gnarled up.

Arcturus, don’t try to untangle something when you don’t have the ability to untangle it as you will make a bigger mess of it (as per the current situation).

Hope you’re on the mend Arty.

It’s in my nature to untangle things. What is life without its challenges? How do we know that we can’t unless we try. Trying is not lying and not succeeding is not necessarily failing. Failing is not having tried at all in my book.

Yes, in the real world, I have had entanglements like your image. Try as I might, I just couldn’t untangle it. Then I would put it aside until my breath lol returned along with my patience - and very often I then succeeded. Detachment works wonders.

I would tend to agree with putting things aside until we have a fresh perspective on things.

I am a mother too.

Really, are you Trixie? I didn’t know that you had children OR is it that you just didn’t complete your sentence, period or no period? :wink:

:laughing: and that might stem from your own inferiority complex.
But I know that you were kidding above.

Yes. I am your mother, Arc.

Rest assured, I am not on my period.

No, I am more than happy to be whatever UP1001 wants me to be.

One Liner

What you mean to say is that she has the liberty to think of you in whatever way she wants to?

Just how far are you willing to go with that?
Will you start to act “accordingly”?

Oh, by the way, I happened upon a post of Fuse’s on 8/8 but none since then. You can always hook up with him in PM.

It means, I have no need to challange the thoughts people have of me as I don’t need them to feel comfortable in my own skin.

What brought you to that little pearl of wisdom - which it is?

Life experience and a lot of letting go (and pain) of the need for seeking approval from others.

Okay, but then what might follow, which is only my perspective - not in order to seek approval from others nor to wallow in self pity, but would you ever take a second look at what someone is saying, IF something “rang a bell”, reflect on it, in order to see if what they may be saying is “true” ? Isn’t this a part of personal growth?

Naturally, but I take this feedback within the context of specific relationships and not from every Tom, Dick and Harry (who are free to draw whatever unchallenged conclusions they wish to draw).

Kool new Av, Arc. :sunglasses:

Arty who?

Artimas is my Arty.