Death

From an awe inspiring discussion, I lifted this notion of Death.
Let us study the final phenomenon.

"Death exists both as an actual event, our physical disappearance from the universe, but also as a structure constitutive of our identity and subjectivity- as our mortality.

There is a potential here to apply meontology or the metaphysics behind negation and nothingness to ethics instead of Being. A negative ethics, that begins on a fundamental re-evaluation of ethics itself. The ethical question has always been, how do we live a good life in spite of death and suffering? But we must accept death and suffering, not as the problem to be overcome through ethical analysis, but as a datum that must be reckoned with insofar as it makes ethical action impossible for human beings. We could assume the Good to be an impossible category, and create a new ethics that aims to indirectly specify the transcendent, that unattainable Good, through a configuration of ethical negations, just as the Christian mystics talked about the unspeakable nature of God by talking about everything God was not. Thus a new negative and transcendental ethics would not arrive upon a specific set of actions and a material good, but rather an incorporation of death as constitutive structure in psychic life and subjectivity; this constitutive structure of Death is the structure of incompatibility or asymmetry between the Good and Action, between the ethical and life in general, and can be truly incorporated only through the transcendent toward which the asymmetry points through the contours and self-destroying material of lived existence, in which the Being which Heidegger mistakenly sought behind history is then discovered, rather than through a passive dispensation, only through the painful danger of acting in a universe in which it is paradoxical and impossible to act ethically. Acting in the full dwelling of this paradox and impossibility for ethical action, through a negative ethical evaluation of the kind I describe, would then be the transcendent orientation to Being at the fourth stage, as opposed to the epistemic, ontic, or immanent orientation. This new ethical mode is heroic-daemonic love, the metaphysical and philosophical completion of the mythical Christian agape in which the fourth transcendent stage was intimated by Christ but not attained. "

Parodites, Before the Light; Politicians

Dude talk to me without relying on others . You elegantly put other’s thoughts out there. But, what do you see , feel, know without their words and influence? Trust you

All that inspired you is a repeat of others… Show me you.

What makes the death of human beings unique is that it is the only matter [that we know of] capable of acknowledging death self-consciously.

But: when we die we do not disappear physically from the universe. Instead the matter that constitutes “me” reconfigures. In fact, some argue that, over time, the matter that was once “I” reconfigures all the way back to “star stuff”.

So, in that way, “I” would seem to be no different from any other matter: from a tree, from a mountain, from a Big One hurtling in from out in space.

But: then we bump into the mystery that is the self-conscious human mind.

After all, isn’t mindful matter able to “think up” alternatives to death: reincarnation, God.

In other words, regarding death, where exactly does the mind [here and now] draw the line between something said to be “metaphysical” and something said to be “phenomenal”?

How can I refused such a request. I guess I feel death is always a bit dirty from up close. I saw it when my best friend/blood had died, at 19. I was 21. It formed me entirely. When I saw his dead body, nails grey and long, hair white and very long, face like a long dead faraoh who went through war, I could not go back to myself, where I was. I had to leave. All that I had lived so far was with him, so I went away. I wanted to go to Mexico, but not having money beyond a temp job, I followed my dads advice to go work at a kibbutz in Israel. Fitting, as everyone there has lost family. And the environment is so aggressive that you get used to ventilating deep feelings and actually enjoying the anger and rough expression of others. Like in the army without killing people, a bit, or so I imagine - after all we weren’t paid more than 20 cents an hour and we worked the dirtiest jobs. As the bombs went off periodically a few miles north I did laundry for a thousand people, cleaned their toilets and trays, and enjoyed it for the months that it lasted, of course knowing I was free to go back to my economically privileged life in Amsterdam - where I would have to face the absence of my cousin, which is what death is really about… other peoples death. The death of love, its transformation into ‘spirit’ - imagination, will to overcome mundane conditions, will to do justice to every moment, and will to venerate all that you loved.

Actually, other animals know death is imminent with their self or with their pack/herd/flock etc. We are not the only victims. Animals have one thing in their favor, memory.

…sounds so much better in your own words FC. Expression of emotion has changed since the generation before us… maybe we ‘feel’ more? maybe we have time to think about things more?

M - P is 13 years my minor and if he is anything it is a lover - in these texts that I quote is deep wisdom gained in life. I am less inclined to see the world in terms of emotions, though of course I am guided by them. I learned to fully trust Parodites’ genius when I learned of his personal life, which is more Dionysian than any modern life Ive heard of. But thank you.

Animals have accompanied me on my path forever.

I consider squirrels to be god-like compared to basic human city dwellers.

Therein, by the way, I fundamentally differ with Parodites. But it is of no consequence; I know that what he says about my passion for these animals is true. He understands men, and more, he understands women. Which means that he deeply understands emotions in general. What I understand is will.

So is free will real or fake.

I have no fear of death after overcoming it last year. Far as I am concerned it can take me whenever it wants
The Death Cafes in Europe are a positive way of accepting it and I hope they become more popular over time

There is no death in summum philosophicum. The whole idea of evolution turns on overcoming. The top of that pyramid is granted, a concept of it. (Death). Overcoming it, is the idea becoming lord becoming matter becoming spirit.

Death is merely a particular idea, as fragmented from the general idea, but it is merely an idea, based on observable phenomena. It would just as well be called transformation, or transfiguration.

The phenomenon observed is prejudiced by the pre conditional subjectivism of perception to the conditional subjectivism, - to the conditional objectivism; and finally the unconditional objectivism,
Inherent in the WORD. That said, the word consists in the basic sound - OHM- which resonates in harmony
With the basic aggregate of the will to power over death.

What can not leave first, can not subsequently die. Therefore that is only a transitory gap in life, as is darkness only an absence of light.

Only the most luminous object can transcend the invisible darkness.