Liberalism is a proven mental illness

It’s too bad that they won’t be able to understand what you just wrote, JSS, due to their illness.

Why do you think that I don’t say much on this Psy forum. :sunglasses:
:wink:

So is conservatism… conserve one man owning more than half the population.

Let’s be real here.

Every being wants the universe to be benevolent towards them, they know it when they experience it.

Every being, not just one

“Alas,” said my mentor in the late "60s, “I can remember when a liberal education was considered a good thing to have!”

And as an example:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg_pb-Mxisk[/youtube]

Well, if liberalism is a proven mental illness then it is beyond their control.

Objectivism, on the other hand [think VO or RM/AO], is only a mental illness if it can be proven that those who embrace it [as a psychological defense mechanism] are also mentally ill.

Though, sure, I’m not saying that they’re not.

Are you challenging JSS and Jakob, biggie?

Conservatives are no better than liberals. Both groups politically have more in common than both would care to admit as the world order each supports is practically the same.

That is a distinctively liberal view.

How is articulating the self destructive tendencies of both political liberals and conservatives constitute a liberal worldview? Do you think before posting things?

You have done no such thing.

I see through thoughtless pedantry easy enough.

Not in-depth but I made a basic statement that both are equally destructive of which you haven’t tried to refute. Perhaps you can articulate the opposite if that is what you’re suggesting.

You may be right or wrong but what’s the point if you don’t have one yourself?
You have no standard to measure “left” or “right” .

Im sick and tired of people referring to categories instead of postulating powerful ideas when it comes to politics.

Oh, Dora is kind of like Minou… and yet they argue… aint I clever.

The endless corruption of all political affiliations and identities is enough for me to quantify evidence. No standard of measure? I use their own standards of measure to make my own judgement.

What powerful ideas would you suggest?

Ill get to that in time.

What do you propose to see against left/right – and especially, why? What is anything worth at all? How does that work, that things are worthy anything - to you, and in general - ? All this is what drives the whole possibility of a value-dichotomy.

You say the dichotomy is bloated and empty. But is there a fullness somewhere?
Wherever this fullness is, there is power and the potential for ideas of power.

Left/Right is an idea. It commands power over all those that think in its terms. This of itself gives it a substance. But if you can see through artificial distinctions and drill into deeper layers, you need to disregard what you look down on and engage your power directly.

There really is only one idea left to man and that is the living sense of truth, as the opposite of it is closing in on us.
There is “the sword” and not much else.

We live in interesting times. No time for weak hearts.

I see global civilization at an impasse where it will inevitably destroy itself and I see nothing, I mean absolutely nothing that is going to change this whether it is from the left or right.

Current values are inefficient or impractical and this why civilization will destroy itself where no mass movement from anything and anybody will stop that.

Who or what truth? Yes, there is the sword and threat of violence behind every corner. It is the only constant behind humanity.

To be “Conservative” means to want to preserve values. This is in itself a positive thing.
Not all “Right” is conservative, though. Morons can’t preserve things, only destroy. So morons can’t be conservatives.

We live at the end of human history or its twilight, preserving anything at this point is a fight and battle that cannot be won. Perhaps in civilization’s ruins maybe but not until then.