The Philosophers

Fine, you win.

I was glad I finally got to play that squirrel card.

You know what can be an awkward one?

The word for overall in Venezuela means panties in Spain.

And Mariko, one of the nicer Japanese names, means faggot in spanish. Moko means booger. My uncle and his Japanese wife did not have an easy time naming their daughter.

I need some strong panties, fast.

“My uncle and his Japanese wife did not have an easy time naming their daughter.”

hahaha

I don’t know that made me post this.

Taking names, I guess

Yes, that was barely…

Intelligible.

Nono, please, no, I have stopped. It’s over. I lay down my arms.

What iz u meanz?
Jai compris que ce que je entends c’nest past le bon sense mais le vent.
Jai entendu ce que je comprends mais je ne l’ai pas compris par l’entendre.

Whats been a bit confusing is that in Italian, comprare is to buy, where of course capire is to understand.

Ho comprato una cosa senza capire perché.

Und jetzt dann auch noch auf dieser Sprache… labern wir etwas schönes!

In Spanish I am a dog in the woods man. And not for lake of trying. I can pronounce it perfectly, as you and other Espaniards have told me but I have no footing at all in the language so I haven’t been able to structure my knowledge.

Hablar Espanol de un libro es fácil pero decir las cosas es difícil

Gneig, you see thats really a goddamn stupid immigrants grammar. I don’t have that in French, never had nor in Italian.

Eso es poqrue Español es latín puro, papá.

Yeah, comprar, Spanish too. Portuguese probably too. It’s just the French being complicated again with their acheter for some reason.

Comprar is unrelated to comprender.

Achêter. The ^ indicates a veatigial f/s. Achestar? I don’t get it. French bastards.

Some might say Italian. But Italian is still meant to be spoken. Heck they didn’t even strugfle with the f/s.

Spanish is meant to be written. Reading Nietzsche in Spanish will blow your face off. Bastard fits right in. I consider English translations to be the comic book version. Though Kaufman does pretty well really.

You also stumbled upon a true thing: in Spanish, you don’t get to just say anything.

In French you get to say almost nothing.

Motherfuckers.

In English Nietzsche is a giant standing at a peak against the wind with a sword in his hand.

In Spanish he is part of a very wide ocean in which he says some very wise things.

I cant even respond because I laughed too hard.

Okay. Point taken caballero.

Achats also has no counterpart in Italian, could be that the verb derives from the noun in this case.

I can see that.
The same goes for Dutch in a way, it makes it more straightforwardly bellicose and contemptuous of weakness.
Dutch is of course much closer to German so there is a very tricky swampy no mans nuance land.

Eso es

le