Introduce yourself here <-----

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: Introduce yourself here <-----

Postby Abstract » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:25 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:
Abstract wrote:Being something doesn't require looking the part.

:lol: It doesn't?

I guess it depends on wither that something is a thing defined by how it looks or if it is defined in some other way and just has a typical appearance in association...
Love is the gravity of the soul.
Abstract
Philosopher

Postby Arcturus Descending » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:04 pm

Abstract wrote:
Abstract wrote:Being something doesn't require looking the part.

:lol: It doesn't?

I guess it depends on wither that something is a thing defined by how it looks or if it is defined in some other way and just has a typical appearance in association...

I was going for the first part there...things are also necessarily defined or recognized by their physical characteristics; e.g. water is wet and has fluidity...fire is hot and blazes. As for the second part, that is more difficult as we tend to interpret and give meaning to things which are not what they appear to be. For example, is the door opening to allow us in or to let us out? :lol: OK
If you don't see the hidden River,
see how the water wheel of stars turns.
If the heavens receive no rest
from being moved by Love,
~~ Heart ~~
don't ask for rest, Be a Circling Star.

Rumi
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Location: Where I'd like to be once more - where I am even now.

Postby Abstract » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:31 am

Arcturus Descending wrote:I was going for the first part there...things are also necessarily defined or recognized by their physical characteristics; e.g. water is wet and has fluidity...fire is hot and blazes. As for the second part, that is more difficult as we tend to interpret and give meaning to things which are not what they appear to be. For example, is the door opening to allow us in or to let us out? :lol: OK

Both into and out of... the two concepts should be combined into one word "inout"...
Abstract
Philosopher

Postby d63 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:55 pm

All this Koan-talk....

I think I'm about to reach enlightenment here. My Yin is establishing a workable arrangement with my Yang.
Humble yourself or the world will do it for you -it was either Russell or Whitehead. I can't remember which.

When I was young, I use to think the world was a messed up place so i was pissed off a lot. But now that I'm older, I know it is. So I just don't worry about it. -John Lydon (AKA Johnny Rotten).

Anarchy through Capitalism -on a flyer thrown out during a Kottonmouth Kings concert.

First we read, then we write. -Emerson.

All poets are damned. But they are not blind. They see with the eyes of angels. -William Carlos Williams: in the introduction to Ginsberg's Howl.

You gotta love that moment when the work is done and all that is left to do is drink your beer and sip your jager and enjoy what you've done. It's why I do and love it.

I refuse to be taken seriously. -me
d63
Philosopher

Postby Arcturus Descending » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:33 pm

Abstract wrote:
Arcturus Descending wrote:I was going for the first part there...things are also necessarily defined or recognized by their physical characteristics; e.g. water is wet and has fluidity...fire is hot and blazes. As for the second part, that is more difficult as we tend to interpret and give meaning to things which are not what they appear to be. For example, is the door opening to allow us in or to let us out? :lol: OK

Both into and out of... the two concepts should be combined into one word "inout"...

You're no fun at all. :P Is it really all that easy to determine?
Stand before the 'door leading in' - stand before the door leading 'out'.........what do you see...what do you feel? See if you're perspective changes. Remember, what you see and act upon determines your destiny...so what side of the door do you choose to stand in front of? Did any of that make sense :lol:
~~ Heart ~~

Rumi
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Calrid » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:16 pm

speaking of no fun, this thread is for new people, there's nothing for you here. Get out or ima spank all of you. :P

Yes I do realise the irony of me posting here again, but I am providing a service.

Don't look at me like that, you know I'm right.

Ah fuck it I'm gonna get drunk.
“I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence.”

Oscar Wilde - probably.
Calrid
Philosopher

Postby vicky12 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:22 am

Hello everybody ! :D
I'm Victoria and found this forum by chance. So still a newbie who is looking forward to read and share life enriching posts :)
Besides that I also love music (mainly violin), reading, home decorating and -to keep me feet on the ground- business related matters.

Stay inspired !
vicky12

Postby PavlovianModel146 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:32 pm

Nice to have you aboard, Victoria.
"Love is the gravity of the Soul" - Abstract -/-/1988 - 3/11/2013 R.I.P

PavlovianModel146
Ringing The Bell

Postby Calrid » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:42 pm

vicky12 wrote:Hello everybody ! :D
I'm Victoria and found this forum by chance. So still a newbie who is looking forward to read and share life enriching posts :)
Besides that I also love music (mainly violin), reading, home decorating and -to keep me feet on the ground- business related matters.

Stay inspired !

keep your hope high and you expectations low. Welcome to ILP, a microcosm of strange fun. :D
“I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence.”

Oscar Wilde - probably.
Calrid
Philosopher

Postby d63 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:00 pm

vicky12 wrote:I'm Victoria and found this forum by chance.

Yes, what horror film hasn't started with some poor soul wondering into the wrong place by chance?

I myself have wondering around these threads for....

I can't remember how long it's been anymore.
Humble yourself or the world will do it for you -it was either Russell or Whitehead. I can't remember which.

When I was young, I use to think the world was a messed up place so i was pissed off a lot. But now that I'm older, I know it is. So I just don't worry about it. -John Lydon (AKA Johnny Rotten).

Anarchy through Capitalism -on a flyer thrown out during a Kottonmouth Kings concert.

All poets are damned. But they are not blind. They see with the eyes of angels. -William Carlos Williams: in the introduction to Ginsberg's Howl.

You gotta love that moment when the work is done and all that is left to do is drink your beer and sip your jager and enjoy what you've done. It's why I do and love it.

d63
Philosopher

Postby Calrid » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:07 pm

d63 wrote:

Yes, what horror film hasn't started with some poor soul wondering into the wrong place by chance?

I was dragged into hell by a poster called Cartesian Fart, whom I trusted at the time, but he abandoned this site long ago, so I assume he was but a devilish enticement into the circles of hell. :D

Oscar Wilde - probably.
Calrid
Philosopher

Postby d63 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:21 pm

Calrid wrote:
d63 wrote:

I was dragged into hell by a poster called Cartesian Fart, whom I trusted at the time, but he abandoned this site long ago, so I assume he was but a devilish enticement into the circles of hell. :D
Yes, the devil takes on many usernames. For some, the name is Chance. But the end is always the same.

I wonder what circle of hell Dante reserved for the intellectually curious and creative.

d63
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:39 am

Calrid wrote:speaking of no fun, this thread is for new people, there's nothing for you here. Get out or ima spank all of you. :P

Yes I do realise the irony of me posting here again, but I am providing a service.

Don't look at me like that, you know I'm right.

Ah fuck it I'm gonna get drunk.
:lol: You are SO right Caldrid, cheers!
Examine what is said, not him who speaks.
~Arab Proverb

The Narcissist exists whereby every activity and relationship is defined by the hedonistic need to acquire the symbols of spiritual wealth, this becoming the only expression of rigid, yet covert, social hierarchies. It is a culture where liberalism only exists insofar as it serves a consumer society, and even art, sex and religion lose their liberating power.
MagsJ
Triumvirate

Postby Lollipop King » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:26 pm

Hi,
my on-line name is Lollipop King because I'm sweet, colorful, large and I love being licked...especially by chocolate princesses.

Recently I've been emasculated and feminized, returning me to my original state of helpless sexiness.

I've also learned, through experience, that if you ridicule and erase, it goes away....as if by magic.
I think censorship is a must, particularly when I am forced to confront hurts me feelings and makes little people sad.
Little people is what I call children.

I like children because they love to lick lollipops.

To be upfront and honest, I have to admit that all my posts are a gimmick and i do not really believe anything I post.
Sure, I come off as a racist, sexist, weak lollipop, with a fragile sugary center, but who in his right mind would actually think I am being serious?

I just want oh hang out, share my insecurities, learn how to be a real woman and just have fun....you know fun.
:banana-dance:
:-"
=D>
philosophy and thinking does not interest me as all opinions are the same.
Lecter, Hannibal wrote:Now you're being rude, and I hate rude people.
Lollipop King
Feminized

Postby JohnDavid312 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:51 am

Hi this is John here.
I am new here. I have never visited this forum before. Let me thank to the webmaster for welcoming me here.
I am not cute or handsome but I love welcoming new ideas and applying experiences into lives. Thanks
JohnDavid312

Postby Calrid » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:07 pm

JohnDavid312 wrote:Hi this is John here.
I am new here. I have never visited this forum before. Let me thank to the webmaster for welcoming me here.
I am not cute or handsome but I love welcoming new ideas and applying experiences into lives. Thanks

Welcome to ILP John. :)

Oscar Wilde - probably.
Calrid
Philosopher

Postby Tab » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:54 pm

Bot.
Click Logo For Blog
Tab
Deeply Shallow

Postby Calrid » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:36 pm

Tab wrote:Bot.

Gah I feel dirty now. :(

Oscar Wilde - probably.
Calrid
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:18 am

Awww, aren't you sweet... and literally too :)

Lollipop King wrote:Hi,
my on-line name is Lollipop King because I'm sweet, colorful, large and I love being licked...especially by chocolate princesses.

Recently I've been emasculated and feminized, returning me to my original state of helpless sexiness.

I've also learned, through experience, that if you ridicule and erase, it goes away....as if by magic.
I think censorship is a must, particularly when I am forced to confront hurts me feelings and makes little people sad.
Little people is what I call children.

I like children because they love to lick lollipops.

To be upfront and honest, I have to admit that all my posts are a gimmick and i do not really believe anything I post.
Sure, I come off as a racist, sexist, weak lollipop, with a fragile sugary center, but who in his right mind would actually think I am being serious?

I just want oh hang out, share my insecurities, learn how to be a real woman and just have fun....you know fun.
:banana-dance:
:-"
=D>
philosophy and thinking does not interest me as all opinions are the same.
Examine what is said, not him who speaks.
~Arab Proverb

The Narcissist exists whereby every activity and relationship is defined by the hedonistic need to acquire the symbols of spiritual wealth, this becoming the only expression of rigid, yet covert, social hierarchies. It is a culture where liberalism only exists insofar as it serves a consumer society, and even art, sex and religion lose their liberating power.
MagsJ
Triumvirate

Postby Abstract » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:52 pm

Abstract wrote:

You're no fun at all. :P Is it really all that easy to determine?
Stand before the 'door leading in' - stand before the door leading 'out'.........what do you see...what do you feel? See if you're perspective changes. Remember, what you see and act upon determines your destiny...so what side of the door do you choose to stand in front of? Did any of that make sense :lol:

Makes sense but I think I have an anti-vertigo type mind... no matter how I am oriented I see things the same... I am looking inout... of course this causes problems when some one tells me to go right... i often go left...
Abstract
Philosopher

Postby Aspectx » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:14 pm

Er. Hi.
Aspectx

Re:

Postby Elizabeth Meyer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:06 am

liquidangel wrote:Hi, my name's liquidangel and I'm an ILovePhilosophy addict...

HI My name is Elizabeth ! Seems to be a really nice forum where one can share their beliefs and views on different matters :) Me too I read more than I talk but I hope to find some interesting things here :)
Elizabeth Meyer

Postby Arcturus Descending » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:47 pm

Abstract...

Makes sense but I think I have an anti-vertigo type mind... no matter how I am oriented I see things the same... I am looking inout... of course this causes problems when some one tells me to go right... i often go left...

I have a vertigo kind of brain in which I am sent spinning sometimes...really :cry:
If you're seeing things as always the same, Abtract, then is your vision really working for you? Being that you are Abstract, do what most do when they are looking at an abstract painting? Go in only one direction...further and further and further back. The more distance you put between yourself and what you're trying to see, the more clear and precise and in focus it becomes. Does that make any sense to you? :evilfun:
~~ Heart ~~

Rumi
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Abstract » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:09 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:Abstract...

I have a vertigo kind of brain in which I am sent spinning sometimes...really :cry:
If you're seeing things as always the same, Abtract, then is your vision really working for you? Being that you are Abstract, do what most do when they are looking at an abstract painting? Go in only one direction...further and further and further back. The more distance you put between yourself and what you're trying to see, the more clear and precise and in focus it becomes. Does that make any sense to you? :evilfun:

I don't know that is how i meant always the same... i mean that the earth can be above or below me either way I feel appropriately oriented... I don't know that what you said made sense... I would think that I tend to look at such as a painting in many ways yet my natural perception is such to see things neither left nor right or both in recognition of relativity.
Abstract
Philosopher

Re: Re:

Postby Calrid » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:11 pm

Elizabeth Meyer wrote:
liquidangel wrote:Hi, my name's liquidangel and I'm an ILovePhilosophy addict...

HI My name is Elizabeth ! Seems to be a really nice forum where one can share their beliefs and views on different matters :) Me too I read more than I talk but I hope to find some interesting things here :)

Hi Elizabeth, ignore the off topic rambling for the time being. We're happy to have you here. :)

Oscar Wilde - probably.
Calrid
Philosopher

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic