Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby Blurry » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Tab wrote::D

How've you been anyway, when I left a while ago your life seemed permanently to be yo-yoing between success and disaster. I kinda missed you.

LoL, life is going quite well these days :) I know it's just a temporary respite from "disaster", or at least the yo-yoing, but I'm enjoying it.

You gave me an "awww" moment. I kinda missed you, too. :lol:
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby Oran » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:44 am

:lol:

Tab= A veritable Flash-Clip Swiss Army Knife.
I'm sure there are pros and cons to having your ass handed to you, however, if anything, it does present a quite unique perspective.
Oran

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:24 am

Tab wrote:I have studied the ways of the internet-ninja...

Yeah, your smoke-screen worked as well as his... :wink:

The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Shepherdess » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:49 pm

Tab,

Hey, nasty gypsy man, welcome back. Missed you in my pasture. :cry:

BlackSheepEar.jpg
BlackSheepEar.jpg (101.84 KiB) Viewed 1475 times

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now you don't need an earring in that ear. :o

See what happens to nasty gypsies when they abuse little lambs? #-o :wink:

Don't let go, little one. Hang on with all you've got. =D> =D> =D> =D>
So good to have you back.
"It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure."
Joseph Campbell

"In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel nothing can befall me in life, - no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair. Standing on the bare ground, - my head bathed by the blithe air, and uplifted into infinite space, - all mean egotism vanishes. I become a transparent eye-ball; I am nothing; I see all; the currents of the Universal Being circulate through me; I am part or particle of God."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"No way of thinking or doing, however ancient, can be trusted without proof. What everybody echoes or in silence passes by as true today may turn out to be falsehood tomorrow, mere smoke of opinion, which some had trusted for a cloud that would sprinkle fertilizing rain on their fields."
Thoreau
Shepherdess

Postby Tab » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:49 pm

Well, that's put me off free-range meat and poultry for life. And earrings. That guy's got good teeth though, for a peasant. Orthodontics were great in the 15th century I hear.

Thanks for the welcome back S.
Click Logo For Blog
Tab
Deeply Shallow

Postby Blurry » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:09 pm

:lol: I was just looking through some pics from Job Corps and I found this one. I look like absolute crap (note the puffy eyelids) and I'm pretty sure I'm wearing my government-issue Carhartt jacket backwards, but I still like it. My friend Robb (aka Hops) gave me these chocolate lips on V-day and then snapped this pic. We totally wasted that entire day sitting around bullshitting.
Attachments
DSC00397.JPG
DSC00397.JPG (165 KiB) Viewed 1406 times
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby MagsJ » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:02 pm

Moi :wink:

43.jpg
43.jpg (24.57 KiB) Viewed 1340 times

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby xzc » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:18 am

dem females :angry-extinguishflame:
Carcasse, tu trembles?
Tu tremblerais bien davantage, si
tu savais, ou je te mene.
xzc
Philosopher

Postby Mad Man P » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:18 pm

I've been meaning to post a pic here.... I just don't have that many pics lying around.

It's obviously photoshopped.
This was originally a goofy "poster" for the band.
I had to cut most of it off, cuz I'm actually striking a "boy band" pose flexing my abs with no shirt on. :-?

Here's a more recent one, of me and our guitarist on a night out...

I found this picture on a "night life" site that sends people out to different clubs and pubs to take pictures and tell stories about what happend there, I guess we'd made an impression that night. :-"
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Mad Man P
Philosopher

Postby Tab » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:10 pm

Okaaay, MadMan, I kinda pictured that way, albeit with a straitjacket involved. MagsJ however, left field, left field. A good deal more plucked and polished than I imagined, I had you down a little more yuppie/bohemian... :lol:
Last edited by Tab on Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click Logo For Blog
Tab
Deeply Shallow

Postby Mad Man P » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:17 pm

Tab wrote:Okaaay, MadMan, I kinda pictured that way, albeit with a straitjacket involved.

So were picturing me as a drunk and sexy stud strapped into a straitjacket?

Dude!
Not cool! [-(
Mad Man P
Philosopher

Postby Tab » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:35 pm

Yeah, I know, I'm a sick man.
Click Logo For Blog
Tab
Deeply Shallow

Postby MagsJ » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:56 pm

Tab wrote:Okaaay, MadMan, I kinda pictured that way, albeit with a straitjacket involved. MagsJ however, left field, left field. A good deal more plucked and polished than I imagined, I had you down a little more yuppie/bohemian... :lol:

A 'Lisa Bonet' type I bet you imagined? nah, I'm more your chic n sophisticated kinda gal :wink: although I do dress street on my days chillin. :D

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Tab » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:33 pm

Lisa Bonet.

Drool.

More drool.

Er. Yes. Sorry, what were we talking about..? Oh damn, I'm talking to your chest.

Drool.
Click Logo For Blog
Tab
Deeply Shallow

Postby PavlovianModel146 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:07 pm

Who is Lisa Bonet?
"Love is the gravity of the Soul" - Abstract -/-/1988 - 3/11/2013 R.I.P

PavlovianModel146
Ringing The Bell

Postby Blurry » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:52 pm

Mags, you're lovely.
Blurry
fuck

Postby gib » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:28 am

me_and_mike.jpg
me_and_mike.jpg (99.99 KiB) Viewed 1191 times

I'm on the left. On the right is my buddy Mike.

me_and_cassidy.jpg
me_and_cassidy.jpg (100.92 KiB) Viewed 1191 times

Me and my daughter.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

I don't care about income inequality, I care about the idea that there are people who have actual obstacles to success.
-Ben Shapiro

...we hear about the wage gap, the idea that women are paid significantly less than men--seventy two cents on the dollar--that's absolute shear nonesense--it is absolute nonesense--in 147 out of 150 of the biggest cities in America, women make 8% more money than men do in their peer group. That wage gap is growing, not shrinking.
-Ben Shapiro

We're in a situation now where students can go to university and come out dumber than when they went in. They are infantalized by safe space and trigger warning culture, the idea that interogating a new idea, coming into contact with a school of thought or a person that doesn't conform to your prejudices is somehow problematic, that it gives rise to trauma.
-Milo Yiannopoulus

Fuck your feelings, snowflake
-Milo Yiannopoulos
gib
resident exorcist

Postby Tab » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:22 pm

Hooray, another man who has procreated. Or helped anyway. =D> Three going on four..?
Click Logo For Blog
Tab
Deeply Shallow

Postby Arcturus Descending » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:30 pm

Mad Man P wrote:I've been meaning to post a pic here.... I just don't have that many pics lying around.

It's obviously photoshopped.
This was originally a goofy "poster" for the band.
I had to cut most of it off, cuz I'm actually striking a "boy band" pose flexing my abs with no shirt on. :-?

Here's a more recent one, of me and our guitarist on a night out...

I found this picture on a "night life" site that sends people out to different clubs and pubs to take pictures and tell stories about what happend there, I guess we'd made an impression that night. :-"

Hmmm...so this is what someone with too much testosterone looks like? :wink: You have red hair? What nationality are you? Your eyes are a perfect match for your hair, sort of auburnish. :lol: How long have you been sporting that goatee, is it?
"Look closely. The beautiful may be small."

"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."

“Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

Immanuel Kant
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby gib » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:21 pm

Tab wrote:Hooray, another man who has procreated. Or helped anyway. =D> Three going on four..?

Not quite 2 yet (wait 'til the end of September) - and already she can spell her name, smart kid!

I don't care about income inequality, I care about the idea that there are people who have actual obstacles to success.
-Ben Shapiro

...we hear about the wage gap, the idea that women are paid significantly less than men--seventy two cents on the dollar--that's absolute shear nonesense--it is absolute nonesense--in 147 out of 150 of the biggest cities in America, women make 8% more money than men do in their peer group. That wage gap is growing, not shrinking.
-Ben Shapiro

We're in a situation now where students can go to university and come out dumber than when they went in. They are infantalized by safe space and trigger warning culture, the idea that interogating a new idea, coming into contact with a school of thought or a person that doesn't conform to your prejudices is somehow problematic, that it gives rise to trauma.
-Milo Yiannopoulus

-Milo Yiannopoulos
gib
resident exorcist

Postby Tab » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:43 pm

Wow - she's pretty big for her age. What have you been feeding her..? Spinach..?
Click Logo For Blog
Tab
Deeply Shallow

Postby gib » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:57 pm

Ha! Haven't tried spinach yet. But she does eat a lot.

-Ben Shapiro

-Ben Shapiro

-Milo Yiannopoulus

-Milo Yiannopoulos
gib
resident exorcist

Postby Mad Man P » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:59 pm

arcturus rising wrote:Hmmm...so this is what someone with too much testosterone looks like? :wink:

Oh how you must hate me for putting such an all too human a face to the man-god you had envisoned me to be in your smitten state!

You have red hair?

I have pitch black hair, but some of my facial hair is red... I have no idea why! :-k

What nationality are you?

My mother's parents were turkish... my parents are pharsi.
And I grew up all over the place!
Passport says I'm danish though.

How long have you been sporting that goatee, is it?

For a good long time now... I shaved it once... got too many complaints. So now, it's here to stay! :P

Isn't that style called a "van dyke", though?
Mad Man P
Philosopher

Postby xzc » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:01 pm

Isn't that style called a "van dyke", though?

yep
Carcasse, tu trembles?
Tu tremblerais bien davantage, si
tu savais, ou je te mene.
xzc
Philosopher

Postby Mad Man P » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:08 pm

:orcs-cheers:
Mad Man P
Philosopher

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat