Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby phoneutria » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:20 am

Look at those pipes.
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:49 pm

von Rivers wrote:Image

Is that a river in the background??
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby The Golden Turd » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:19 pm

No, it is clearly a poorly wooded hillside in the background, the River is upfront riding his horse.

I need you to clarify for me smears when you brag about taking a few guys, riding a river for 9 hours, it may mean something very different from the boating adventure I imagined.
Support "The Angels of East Africa" on smile.Amazon.com it is free to do, they donate 0.05% of your purchase cost to them, or give donations directly via:

http://www.machinegunpreacher.org

Recently hidden post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192227&p=2649513#p2649513
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:24 pm

Nah man. We usually go down the cahaba river from grant's mill rd to hwy 280. There are boats, and people. The people get into the boats and we float on the river, which is made of water.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby von Rivers » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:25 pm

Contra-Nietzsche wrote:I have the same blue shirt.

driWear? It's a good shirt.
von Rivers
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:26 pm

mr reasonable wrote:
von Rivers wrote:Image

Is that a river in the background??

Maybe the very one he embodies to his people.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby The Golden Turd » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:24 pm

No, the word for that Mo is Sewer, not River.
Support "The Angels of East Africa" on smile.Amazon.com it is free to do, they donate 0.05% of your purchase cost to them, or give donations directly via:

Recently hidden post:
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable

Postby von Rivers » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:33 pm

Contra-Nietzsche wrote:No, the word for that Mo is Sewer, not River.

Is this because we have the same shirt?

Don't act like a girl at a prom.

You should make a post about Swedenborg. I never understood what the fuck he was saying.
von Rivers
ILP Legend

Postby The Golden Turd » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:36 pm

He was talking bubbles, no one ever figured out what the fuck he was saying..... I hit their head quarters for their biggest church, based nearby in PA..... they quickly got lost in their own explanations.

Now get back to planting trees Dirty Girty.

Recently hidden post:
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable

Postby von Rivers » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:48 pm

Contra-Nietzsche wrote:He was talking bubbles, no one ever figured out what the fuck he was saying..... I hit their head quarters for their biggest church, based nearby in PA..... they quickly got lost in their own explanations.

Now get back to planting trees Dirty Girty.

Will do, fuckhead.
von Rivers
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:51 am

Plant some weed trees.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby phoneutria » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:48 am

I wish it was legal in my state, as a law abiding non-citizen. I have had beautiful hydroponic tomatoplants in my basement.
phoneutria

Postby LaughingMan » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:07 pm

Post a picture Phoneutria. Let's take a look at you. :wink:
Coming Out Live Streaming Online From The Global Gulag, Asylum, Police State, And Oligarchical Plantation Near You.

LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole

Postby phoneutria » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:06 pm

Can you tell I've been lifting weights?

phoneutria

Postby LaughingMan » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:14 pm

Tease.
Coming Out Live Streaming Online From The Global Gulag, Asylum, Police State, And Oligarchical Plantation Near You.

LaughingMan
Cynical Asshole

Postby Kriswest » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:31 pm

phoneutria wrote:I wish it was legal in my state, as a law abiding non-citizen. I have had beautiful hydroponic tomatoplants in my basement.

:)
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby phoneutria » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:50 pm

I had at a point 18 different types of hot peppers growing in the basement. Turns out it's quite an expensive hobby. It is my ambition for the not so immediate future to develop some sort of business out of making ridiculously spicy vegetables.
phoneutria

Postby The Golden Turd » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:20 pm

Your doing it wrong, phon.

Head to the store, and buy a long, clear plastic tube.... the kind they use over large fluorescent bulbs for ceiling lights, usually 5 to 10 bucks a tube. Fill it with fertalizer, and tape a cheap hose to the end, and use a plastic welder (under 30 bucks) on the end to waterproof it.

Every few inches, poke a hole in it big enough for a seed to be inserted. You can attach it to a wall, and angle it slightly towards the tube for water flow.

You can add as many as you want, under, and if the plants grow too tall and hit the tube below, twist tube slightly so they will grow outward.

Water the top of tube.

I can show you how to build a very cheap and effective solar panel cheap, how to hook it up to a battery, for free, off grid energy use.

I also have other hydroponic designs, and methods to avoid soil salinization and crop rotation, as well to reduce risk to a variety of paracites and increase crop yields, or conserve water loss in dry environments.

The method is easy to do, very high density, and affordable, and good for a urban environment.

Recently hidden post:
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable

Postby phoneutria » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:10 am

I wonder how well solar panels would do powering my massive sodium bulbs through winter.
phoneutria

Postby The Golden Turd » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:41 am

First off, you don't need a thousand watt sodium lightbulb, or series. That is absurd, you could run a much larger series of more efficient light, increasing your yield. Your not trying to replicate the sun, but match the plants needs.

Secondly, under orthodox standards, with a fixed rooftop..... 52 degrees to 57 is for chicago. Many people have them in the winter, they collect energy but for a handful of days. However..... there is little orthodox about me.... I can build without the need for a rigid frame, make them curved, portable, with a stable stationary battery supply with abnormal depth. All relatively cheap.

Recently hidden post:
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable

Postby phoneutria » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:52 am

I grew reasonably good peppers with a couple of T5 fixtures, but the size of the plants and the yield is nowhere near the results I get with the sodium lights.
Besides, if I have enough sun outside to power grow lights, doesn't it make more sense to take the plants outside, and spend my building time on a greenhouse sort of thing to keep them warm?
phoneutria

Postby The Golden Turd » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:30 pm

If you want to.commercialize it, yes.... head out to indiana and start a farm. However, the start up will be expensive. Yet, even a couple small acres will produce over 100,000 bucks of product.

Just the larger yields will require direct plumbing, and someone to always hand around, because water pipes burst, crack heads still batteries and equipment, etc. I've seen lilly pad farms make it..... just stupid what some people grow.

I would recommend slapping up some pictures of your hydroponics..... nothing personal, just your operation..... and provide measurements of space. That is if you truely are thinking of turning it commercial.

Recently hidden post:
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable

Postby phoneutria » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:31 pm

My best results over just 3 years of experimenting were actually not the hydroponic ones. The peppers I grew in 7gal smartpots with my own soil mix were the best. I got a freaking half bushel of fatalii off a single shrub, almost the same from a bhut shrub. I'd be inclined to go that route, soil and sodium.
I'd be selling them in farmers markets if this city wasn't so ridiculously bureaucratic. I have enough peppers to obliterate the bottoms of the entire Chicago population. Don't know what to do with them anymore. Running out of places to stored bags of dried peppers and bottles of sauce. That's why I'm only growing a couple of favorites this year.

I'm still thinking about the whole business thing. Don't know how big I want to get or how much I want to put into it. It has been just a pretty successful hobby so far.
I'll see if I can dig up some pics. My files are a mess.
phoneutria

Postby The Golden Turd » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:07 pm

I don't know if the chain "Eat in Park" is in Chicago, I'm not planning on heading out there till Jan for used book shopping (love the lake effect blizzards, and few competitors for the train or bookstores)...... they will oftentimes buy exotic local produce.

If these are brazilian seeds, then high end Brazilian Restaurants will buy them. The most expensive restaurant in San Francisco, for example, if a brazilian buffet, charging a hundred dollars for dinner, not including the wine. It is a three day journey from chicago to san francisco by train, in order to ship a box via train.

Realize you sit in the center of the midwest rail hub that links up to the rest of the US. If you were based in Hawaii, everything is sent to a LA warehouse..... but small farms are still able to sell specialized prepared foods across north america.

Recently hidden post:
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:52 am

My last garden was 3600 watts of hps and about 30 plants in 5 gallon bubble buckets.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat