Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby Artimas » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:14 pm

MagsJ wrote:
Artimas wrote:I don't like smiling in pictures either, I laugh a lot more than I smile too. I just feel like if I force myself to smile that it's a fake state of being, of which now is captured in image lol.

Yes.. a fake instant of a forced state of being captured for eternity.. how dire! :|

Well the stare of wickedness is just as cute/sexy as the smile of 'innocence'. Hah

I may quote that the next time someone asks me to smile. :lol:


Well it's the truth.

The beauty -is- the duality, too much of one side and one is either evil out of intent or pretentious/Not genuinely "good". True balance comes from understanding both sides. Without dark there can be no light and without light there would be no dark to observe. Contrast is everything. The state of duality makes itself visible by being a contrast. Balance.

Nature is both wicked and nurture, for we live as it and craft our comfort from it.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3730
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:54 am

Bank holiday Monday just gone, somewhere in Chelsea, eating and drinking stuff.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 18049
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby surreptitious75 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:47 pm


That photo shows your face really well so post more like it if you can
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Thinker
 
Posts: 909
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby Artimas » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:06 pm

Some updated pics. At a pub/bar eh Mags?

https://imgur.com/a/sM9jp40

Had a beard, then shaved it. The background looks like it’s moving or blurry because I’m the flash. ;P

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3730
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:05 pm

surreptitious75 wrote:
That photo shows your face really well so post more like it if you can

..perhaps some don't want to always show their face to the world, for the world then reacts, and what should the way we look matter to them?

It simply makes a dull world for 'us', but thanks.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 18049
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:16 pm

Artimas wrote:Some updated pics. At a pub/bar eh Mags?

https://imgur.com/a/sM9jp40

Had a beard, then shaved it. The background looks like it’s moving or blurry because I’m the flash. ;P

..an eatery, with bar area, for pre or post meal drinks.. took me a few days to get over digesting the brioche bun that the lobster was in, so won't be revisiting that dish any time soon.

Where your pics at Art? did you delete them?
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 18049
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby Artimas » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:53 am

MagsJ wrote:
Artimas wrote:Some updated pics. At a pub/bar eh Mags?

https://imgur.com/a/sM9jp40

Had a beard, then shaved it. The background looks like it’s moving or blurry because I’m the flash. ;P

..an eatery, with bar area, for pre or post meal drinks.. took me a few days to get over digesting the brioche bun that the lobster was in, so won't be revisiting that dish any time soon.

Where your pics at Art? did you delete them?


No I didn’t delete my pics, they show up on the link for me.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3730
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby MagsJ » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:35 am

Artimas wrote:No I didn’t delete my pics, they show up on the link for me.

They showed up on my phone.. I think I need to get a more current GEN iPad. :-?
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 18049
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users