Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Postby liquidangel » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:12 am

Hmmm...one never knows how many good looking fellas are lurking. Cute Postadin.

A
The hidden flower
Which blooms unknown and unseen
Also has beauty.

Play
liquidangel
Essence

Postby sarax » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:10 pm

i was browsing through the photo history thread and its really wierd how noone ever looks how you expect them to isn't it??
there was one particularly good looking male ilper, and I was especially shocked cos i always thought he was a she
mini-sara

VIVA LA BEAVER!!! (OotDBB)

since nothing in life can be made to please everyone, all you have to do is be the best you can and those worthy of your friendship will love you and accept you. and since those who dont like you wont ever be satisified let them enjoy their own misery

"she decided that philosophy was not something you could learn; but perhaps you can learn to THINK philisophically" - sophie's world

when I stay the night I cant sleep because my heart is beating 100mph, I wouldn't trade it for the best night of sleep I ever had
sarax
Thinker

Postby Mastriani » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:08 pm

Still none have surpassed the angelic one for .... hmmmm...

"visual intent". 8)

I am not interested in preserving the status quo. I want to overthrow it.

Niccolo Machiavelli
Mastriani
ILP Legend

Postby Tedious Old Fart » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:48 am

First vI want to tell all you people
How does a person sign in this spot. Do i need a computer pen or some shit.
Tedious Old Fart

Postby Tedious Old Fart » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:11 am

What the hell nhappen? I in the middled a putton together my messahge and it disappear!

No matter, I'm taken this class at the local highschool thast free for seniors and it all about philosophy. well let me tell you young bpeople that I been around one hell of a long time, and there aint no doubt that i know my philosophy.

Don't you college kids think you got it over on me in the smarts department. It good to laugh and get down to sometimes and thayt always been one of my philosophies to where you gonna find that in a book.

Listen, I'm gonna tell you people all about what I learned in class so that you can grow and be good people.

Just so yous people can have a good chukle I took the name my great great great grandson calls me as my name for these letters he calls me a Tedious old fart. I find that to be hellraious. He got some problems with the heron but he still got a good heart.

He took a picfture of me at meetin we had with our people down in virginjia.

I hope you like that picture because it took me able 4 hours to figure it out. I had to call my one daughter that's still living and shes sick.

lets get it on.
Tedious Old Fart

Postby ChimneySweep » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:24 am

Here's me, from the side, in template form:

ChimneySweep
Thinker

Postby MugenNoKurayami » Fri May 05, 2006 4:16 am

Kind of an old picture, But I still like it.
More recent of me laying down in the media center at school.
Limitations do not exist to the imagination - me
MugenNoKurayami

Postby omar » Tue May 09, 2006 3:39 am

Let's try this:

Image[/img]
omar
Philosopher

Postby omar » Tue May 09, 2006 3:43 am

Kinda small, but that was a practice salvo. By the way, this is me in a very nice restaurant in Catania, Sicily, about to sign for the bill...a very, very large bill...

omar
Philosopher

Postby someoneisatthedoor » Tue May 09, 2006 10:21 pm

Nice pic, Omar...
someoneisatthedoor
threshold darkener

Postby Colinsign » Tue May 09, 2006 10:31 pm

MugenNoKurayami wrote:Image
Kind of an old picture, But I still like it.
More recent of me laying down in the media center at school.

I'm loving those eyes!
The man that cannot visualize a horse galloping on a tomato is an idiot~Andre Breton~

Many a clever boy is flogged into a dunce and many an original composition corrected into mediocrity- Sir Walter Scott

Who has the courage to go into the dark places where there is nothing but feeling? - Thomas A. Clark

I'm a hyper-survivalist: when I walk past a Cemetery I hold my breath - Gamer

the difference between a madman and a professional is that a pro does as well as he can within what he has set out to do and a madman does exceptionally well at what he can't help doing. - Charles Bukowski

For everything that is hidden will eventually be brought into the open and every secret should be brought to the light anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand - Mark 4:22-23

Colinsign
Irrationalist

Postby Gobbo » Wed May 10, 2006 1:17 am

Tedious Old Fart wrote:What the hell nhappen? I in the middled a putton together my messahge and it disappear!

No matter, I'm taken this class at the local highschool thast free for seniors and it all about philosophy. well let me tell you young bpeople that I been around one hell of a long time, and there aint no doubt that i know my philosophy.

Don't you college kids think you got it over on me in the smarts department. It good to laugh and get down to sometimes and thayt always been one of my philosophies to where you gonna find that in a book.

Listen, I'm gonna tell you people all about what I learned in class so that you can grow and be good people.

Just so yous people can have a good chukle I took the name my great great great grandson calls me as my name for these letters he calls me a Tedious old fart. I find that to be hellraious. He got some problems with the heron but he still got a good heart.

He took a picfture of me at meetin we had with our people down in virginjia.

I hope you like that picture because it took me able 4 hours to figure it out. I had to call my one daughter that's still living and shes sick.

lets get it on.

Are you from Haiti?

I think you're a fake btw.
Gobbo
Choronzon

Postby Tedious Old Fart » Wed May 10, 2006 2:20 am

Thanks for payin me some attention young fella!

To tell ya the truth Im from africa as you can by lookin at mean. Of course you couls get all philosophical and say that you only from were you at at the given time. But I won't get all smart with a young fella like you because the young people get mad easy and I aint trynna get all mad because that aint my way. Anyway, I say Im from africa and Im dam near as old as the place if you get me.

On a serious note you ought to mind your manners with calling me a fake. I aint even said nothin important yet to call me such a thing. I been keepin it real well before there was such a sayin.

Ill accept your appology with a good heart though.

Personally I wish I could get into some trouble round here, but my great great great grandsons computer which Im usin has trouble bringin up this page cause its slow. That makes it tough to get it on with folks.

Skor!
Tedious Old Fart

Postby Bessy » Wed May 10, 2006 2:25 am

OG, OG, OG... when WILL you learn. :wink:
Bessy
Yomama

Postby angst-ridden » Wed May 10, 2006 8:43 am

Old_Gobbo wrote:I think you're a fake btw.

Yeah, there does seem something suspicious about you Tedious Old Fart. Im suspecting that youre a joke, another ILP member playing a joke. Either that or you realy are just an eccentric old man. But you sound a little over the top.
Despite how it would appear, I have in fact been a member of ILP since Feburary 10th 2004. If you dont believe me then search for the member callumdodsworth. That was me.
angst-ridden
Thinker

Postby Tedious Old Fart » Thu May 11, 2006 3:09 am

Angst I see your picture there and can see that your a man of advanced age such as myself. So I would assume that youre mature enough to know that people aint always playin a trick, but sometimes they are but since I aint thats besides the point if ya feel me and I hope you do.

Its funny because back in the day in say the 1930s films anybody that theyd say was eccentric was just a gentle way to say they crazy but aint hurtin no one. So, is that what you tryin to say.

I think it is and I got to say again that Im an old old man that been around as long as shit. Longer than that even. Im here to talk about important shit not make jokes, but thats ok too sometimes.

Nasdrovia!
Tedious Old Fart

Postby angst-ridden » Thu May 11, 2006 10:40 am

I didnt mean eccentric in that sense, I meant... strange.
Despite how it would appear, I have in fact been a member of ILP since Feburary 10th 2004. If you dont believe me then search for the member callumdodsworth. That was me.
angst-ridden
Thinker

Postby detrop » Mon May 15, 2006 10:13 pm

I was going to post a picture (with the propped eyebrow, as promised to sarax), and I forgot what I must do to create a link for the picture, so I made an avatar with it.

I would rather just post the picture and keep the Kierkegaard, because my face looks like a crammed pixel pie.

Someone help me out. I did this long ago at MSN but can't remember how I did it.

I believe that Nietzsche was correct when he said that those with a bad memory have a slight advantage over those who do not. They get to experience the good things many times over and constantly "for the first time."

So it is again. I shall learn how to create a link for my picture.

Hey, although I am taking one step forward and two steps back.....I'm still walking, so give me a break.

Better to be lost than on a path that will eventually end, I say.
detrop
"ist" wannabe

Postby concordant » Mon May 15, 2006 11:13 pm

http://www.imageshack.us/

You should be able to figure it out from there.
concordant

Postby Blindseer » Mon May 15, 2006 11:34 pm

sarax wrote:i was browsing through the photo history thread and its really wierd how noone ever looks how you expect them to isn't it??
there was one particularly good looking male ilper, and I was especially shocked cos i always thought he was a she
i'll second that on the case of trop here :evilfun:
there's only one catch ...
Blindseer
Thinker

Postby detrop » Mon May 15, 2006 11:42 pm

detrop
"ist" wannabe

Postby Mucius Scevola » Mon May 15, 2006 11:43 pm

Nice picture, Detrop
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.
Mucius Scevola
philosopher

Postby detrop » Mon May 15, 2006 11:52 pm

I bet you can't guess what's growing behind that towel hanging in the closet.

I'll give you a hint.

What makes it grow is like salt but is not a spice.
detrop
"ist" wannabe

Postby detrop » Mon May 15, 2006 11:59 pm

Okay I'm lying.

The hint was "sodium," as in a sodium light, and I don't have a pot plant in my closet.

I missed this years cycle and its too late now to get anything worth while done. I could germinate and harvest in October (I'd transplant them outside anyway) but I'd be missing three months growth time. The buds would be mediocre and I don't tolerate mediocrity.

Maybe I could set up a drug cartel with the monkey boy, Gobbo, and exchange over the boarder...

"Gobbo, its detrop. The time is going to be two o'clock at Preston's Bridge. It has been suggested by my informants that...."

"Prank caller! Prank caller! I'm hanging up."
detrop
"ist" wannabe

Postby Blindseer » Tue May 16, 2006 12:10 am

"Gobbo, its detrop. The time is going to be two o'clock at Preston's Bridge. It has been suggested by my informants that...."

"Prank caller! Prank caller! I'm hanging up."
:lol: :lol: :lol: i can see that happening... hey if you guys ever need a middle man for the transport .... :D :wink:
there's only one catch ...
Blindseer
Thinker

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat