Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby sangrain » Mon May 17, 2010 10:55 pm

And so it begins...
sangrain
wait a minute...

Postby Blurry » Tue May 18, 2010 6:32 pm

Looking like a nerd in my new glasses :)
Attachments
glasses2.jpg
glasses2.jpg (31.04 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
Blurry
fuck

Postby Arcturus Descending » Tue May 18, 2010 7:15 pm

xzc wrote:*achem*
Guess where I was going.

CONGRATULATIONS, XZC
Beautiful eyes. The look on your face - you seem to be thinking -

graduation22.gif
graduation22.gif (95.38 KiB) Viewed 1207 times

And on to Grad school. Dive right in but have fun too. :banana-dance: :banana-dance:
“How can a bird that is born for joy
Sit in a cage and sing?”
― William Blake

“Little Fly
Thy summers play,
My thoughtless hand
Has brush'd away.

Am not I
A fly like thee?
Or art not thou
A man like me?

For I dance
And drink & sing:
Till some blind hand
Shall brush my wing.

If thought is life
And strength & breath:
And the want
Of thought is death;

Then am I
A happy fly,
If I live,
Or if I die”
― William Blake, Songs of Innocence and of Experience

“No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.”
― William Blake
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Blurry » Tue May 18, 2010 7:24 pm

arc, I love your signature
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby xzc » Tue May 18, 2010 9:27 pm

Thank you, AR. There's not much going up there. :lol:
Carcasse, tu trembles?
Tu tremblerais bien davantage, si
tu savais, ou je te mene.
xzc
Philosopher

Postby Blurry » Wed May 19, 2010 1:51 pm

!!!!!!!!!!EXTREME CLOSE-UP!!!!!!!!!!

(that's a ringpop in my mouth)
Attachments
DSC00575.JPG
DSC00575.JPG (161.26 KiB) Viewed 1182 times
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed May 19, 2010 8:45 pm

Blurred,

:lol: You really need to stop talking so much so that people will STOP doing things like this to you. Seriously though! :lol:
And thanks for loving my signature. After I had put it in, along with the avatar especially, I was actually pondering how juvenile it just might be for a philosophy forum, and considered taking it out, but the next morning, my perspective changed and I thought from the other side of the coin, that it might actually fit perfectly with philosophy, especially the signature. Someone told me that the avatar had sort of a disco feel to it, which I do get, since he mentioned it. :banana-dance: :banana-dance: And as for the monster, as a female, you might also be able to conjure up an image that it would represent. =P~ And so.................

What are you up to these days?
Sit in a cage and sing?”
― William Blake

“Little Fly
Thy summers play,
My thoughtless hand
Has brush'd away.

Am not I
A fly like thee?
Or art not thou
A man like me?

For I dance
And drink & sing:
Till some blind hand
Shall brush my wing.

If thought is life
And strength & breath:
And the want
Of thought is death;

Then am I
A happy fly,
If I live,
Or if I die”

― William Blake
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Blurry » Wed May 19, 2010 8:57 pm

arcturus rising wrote:Blurred,

:lol: You really need to stop talking so much so that people will STOP doing things like this to you. Seriously though! :lol:
And thanks for loving my signature. After I had put it in, along with the avatar especially, I was actually pondering how juvenile it just might be for a philosophy forum, and considered taking it out, but the next morning, my perspective changed and I thought from the other side of the coin, that it might actually fit perfectly with philosophy, especially the signature. Someone told me that the avatar had sort of a disco feel to it, which I do get, since he mentioned it. :banana-dance: :banana-dance: And as for the monster, as a female, you might also be able to conjure up an image that it would represent. =P~ And so.................

What are you up to these days?

These days, I'm out of job corps, working in Michigan, enjoying my life for the most part, but being pretty miserable at the same time. Does that make sense? I think not!
Blurry
fuck

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed May 19, 2010 9:22 pm

Blurred,

These days, I'm out of job corps, working in Michigan, enjoying my life for the most part, but being pretty miserable at the same time. Does that make sense? I think not!
Yes, it makes perfect sense, because when we can view life as this great panoramic puzzle, we find that there are a great many many pieces to it that don't seem to fit, but they do fit, if we are patient enough to place them in the right places.

Why don't you actually go out and buy yourself a beautiful puzzle that turns you on and put it together, something to focus your thoughts and energy on, and something More to accomplish. Puzzles can be like zen. :lol: :banana-dance:
Sit in a cage and sing?”
― William Blake

“Little Fly
Thy summers play,
My thoughtless hand
Has brush'd away.

Am not I
A fly like thee?
Or art not thou
A man like me?

For I dance
And drink & sing:
Till some blind hand
Shall brush my wing.

If thought is life
And strength & breath:
And the want
Of thought is death;

Then am I
A happy fly,
If I live,
Or if I die”

― William Blake
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Blurry » Wed May 19, 2010 9:36 pm

LoL arc, puzzles are fun. I'll consider that.
Blurry
fuck

Postby Jayson » Sat May 22, 2010 9:38 pm

Most recent photo of me.

me on the porch copy.jpg
me on the porch copy.jpg (145.69 KiB) Viewed 1120 times
>jaysonthestumps.blogspot.com
>Hebrew, Greek, and more similar resources on ILP

Spiritual: a set of neurological processes dealing with value placement, empathy, and sympathy through the associative truncation of relative identity, and which has reached a value set capable of being described as reverent to the individual, and from which existential experience and reflection is capable explicitly.
Jayson
Alaskan Gypsy

Postby Blurry » Mon May 24, 2010 3:49 pm

Me, getting horribly wind-blowed, and Lake Michigan behind.
Attachments
DSC00773.JPG
DSC00773.JPG (164.94 KiB) Viewed 1104 times
Blurry
fuck

Postby Blurry » Mon May 24, 2010 3:56 pm

More pics from the lake
Attachments
DSC00864.JPG
Sandy feet
DSC00864.JPG (162.23 KiB) Viewed 1106 times
DSC00778.JPG
Smile :)
DSC00778.JPG (162.81 KiB) Viewed 1106 times
Blurry
fuck

Postby Echo » Mon May 24, 2010 8:02 pm

Pretty eyes -_^
Echo
Thinker

Postby Blurry » Mon May 24, 2010 8:43 pm

Echo wrote:Pretty eyes -_^

Why, thank you
Blurry
fuck

Postby MagsJ » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:42 pm

DSCF2534 (2).jpg
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Shepherdess » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:32 pm

Wow Magsjy - you are absolutely positively gorgeous - but aren't you feeling a bit hot in there.

And what is that suspicious look in your eye? :banana-dance:
"It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure."
Joseph Campbell

"In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel nothing can befall me in life, - no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair. Standing on the bare ground, - my head bathed by the blithe air, and uplifted into infinite space, - all mean egotism vanishes. I become a transparent eye-ball; I am nothing; I see all; the currents of the Universal Being circulate through me; I am part or particle of God."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"No way of thinking or doing, however ancient, can be trusted without proof. What everybody echoes or in silence passes by as true today may turn out to be falsehood tomorrow, mere smoke of opinion, which some had trusted for a cloud that would sprinkle fertilizing rain on their fields."
Thoreau
Shepherdess

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:19 pm

Shepherdess wrote:Wow Magsjy - you are absolutely positively gorgeous - but aren't you feeling a bit hot in there.

And what is that suspicious look in your eye? :banana-dance:

Aw, thanks Shepherdess.. I am impressed that you could even make me out well enough to tell.. in that red-haze of a party pic of mine :) but I think the AC in the club kept us cool, but the people were hot :wink: ...hence the suspicious look in my eye :D It looks a bit like hell, what with the fiery red glow n'all, but at least we know what hell may look like :lol:

You are very perceptive, young lady :D
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby jonquil » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:53 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, presenting the essential jonquil . . .

Last edited by jonquil on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sur le volcan ne pousse pas l'herbe" (Grass does not grow on a volcano). - Ivor Cutler on his bald pate
jonquil
Philosopher

Postby DoomNaySayer » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:54 am

I'm just a prospector and opportunist caught up in the ever present chess board game of life.

Feminism - A social political revolution that demands all women be able to have all the roles, advantages, and success of men but none of their disadvantages. A social philosophy advocating that women have all the advantages of a man or woman but none of the disadvantages when it concerns being a man thereby also demanding that men still retain their traditional role as providers on top of the whole inequal sickly affair.

Anger is more useful than despair.
DoomNaySayer

Postby jonquil » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:07 pm

And here is the non-essential jonquil with mariposas in her hair. :wink:

"Sur le volcan ne pousse pas l'herbe" (Grass does not grow on a volcano). - Ivor Cutler on his bald pate
jonquil
Philosopher

Postby Blurry » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:30 pm

Straight hair, a different. look for me.

That's me on the left (duh) and one of my "best girl's," Tanya. We were on a trip to the movies and decided we were going to make it a bit more interesting than it actually was and get dolled up.
Attachments
T-bag and Me.JPG
T-bag and Me.JPG (163.06 KiB) Viewed 894 times
Blurry
fuck

Postby xzc » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:58 pm

this is me when i'm posting on ILP

(yes i know the mask is backwards, but wearing it the right way all day makes my nose red)
Carcasse, tu trembles?
Tu tremblerais bien davantage, si
tu savais, ou je te mene.
xzc
Philosopher

Postby -Billy- » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:45 pm

BlurredSavant wrote:Straight hair, a different. look for me.

That's me on the left (duh) and one of my "best girl's," Tanya. We were on a trip to the movies and decided we were going to make it a bit more interesting than it actually was and get dolled up.

Your friends nickname is T-bag... Lulz. :lol:
Yeah, about that... What?
-Billy-

Postby Blurry » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:04 pm

-Billy- wrote:
BlurredSavant wrote:Straight hair, a different. look for me.

Your friends nickname is T-bag... Lulz. :lol:

LoL, yes I call her T-bag. You should see some of the reactions we get when we're out in public and I call to her, "Hey T-bag!"
Blurry
fuck

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat