What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Blurry » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:41 am

In other words, I'm not making a case. You are. I'm agreeing with those who have said you're incorrect, and offering an example of a situation in which your claims are clearly not a solution to anything.
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:44 am

If you offer no specifics, then its just your undiscussed opinion about some generality you agree with. You may not think that they are a solution, but many people who earn less than you would.

Bring specific examples that we can discuss, a friend perhaps, whose business you can share. Nothing can be solved when one person asks for another persons specific reasoning and they refuse to accommodate the discussion.
Last edited by WendyDarling on Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Blurry » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:46 am

WendyDarling wrote:If you offer no specifics, then its just your undiscussed opinion about some generality you agree with.

The opinion has been discussed, with you, in various ways. I'm not the only one who holds the opinion. You've been discussing it for pages and pages. I offered an "I agree with those people because..." and then explained why.
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:49 am

You offered no specifics and did not explain why those specifics lead you to feel comfortable. You offered vague ideas to support your opinion, no evidence face it.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Blurry » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:49 am

The whole point of what I said was just to highlight that merely raising wages doesn't truly fix anything. You said you think it's necessary for a person to make over $20/hr to stay out of poverty. I said I make considerably less than that and am quite comfortable. If what you said was true, my situation would not be what it is, I would not be comfortable, and I'd be looking for a better job loll.

Also I thought it was fairly well explained. I pay for all of my necessities, and I did state what those necessities are, and have some left over for a few creature comforts, as well as having money put away for my retirement. Is that not specific enough or what?
Last edited by Blurry on Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blurry
fuck

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:51 am

WendyDarling wrote:No, I speak about how reality is and not some idealism it isn't. That's why I cannot get straight answers, facts, figures, evidence, from you or anyone like you because you do not have it, it is all too complex, reality is too complex to really exist. You wear me out. :orcs-buttshake:

I'll repeat for you who has given no straight answers, facts, figures, evidence and no discussion follows no evidence.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:52 am

You could be paid one dollar and be totally comfortable living with your parents who provide everything for you, so show me the money instead of complaining about my agenda without offering a real counter.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Blurry » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:53 am

Oh I see, so you just didn't want to read the parts where I listed all of the things I pay for, all of the things I consider necessities. Alright.
Blurry
fuck

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:00 am

So you get paid $10 a month, $2 for rent & utilities, $2 for kitty, $2 for gas, and $4 for creature comforts. This is what I have surmised from lacking info. Am I close? Was food on your list or did I forget that? Maybe you earn $15 which would leave $5 for food, but no savings or emergency money. You didn't list healthcare prices, why?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby tentative » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:23 am

Blur,

Do you know when you've encountered an endless tape?
IGAYRCCFYVM
Sorry, arguing with the ignorant is like trying to wrestle with a jellyfish. No matter how many tentacles you cut off there are always more, and there isn't even a brain to stun. - Maia

I don't take know for an answer.
tentative

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:10 am

My favorites are blank tapes.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Blurry » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:36 am

WendyDarling wrote:So you get paid $10 a month, $2 for rent & utilities, $2 for kitty, $2 for gas, and $4 for creature comforts. This is what I have surmised from lacking info. Am I close? Was food on your list or did I forget that? Maybe you earn $15 which would leave $5 for food, but no savings or emergency money. You didn't list healthcare prices, why?

Does this seem like a reasonable budget to you? This is what you've surmised by being dishonest. My actual budget is none of your business. Suffice to say, I live on my own and pay all of my own bills, my rent is actually higher than average for the area I live in, I have several thousand dollars saved, and I make quite a bit less than $20/hr. If you want to talk specific numbers, why don't you post your own.
Blurry
fuck

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:06 am

You don't have to post your own budget as I have already said, post figures about friends or family who live as you do comfortably on way less than $20.84. I'd like to see a real budget so I understand how what you claim is possible is actually possible.<---over in the Income Disparity thread.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:23 pm

Shared a wave with a couple of neighbors who were walking their dogs too. Coffee is so tasty.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Blurry » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:46 am

Today was kind of a bad one, but it's over now and I have the weekend off. Woo.
Blurry
fuck

Postby mannequin01 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:04 pm

Observing jim carreys condition..

since earth's daughter checked out, the one he hid within, he now has submitted to the mother, little does he know, she doesn't take kindly to submission.

Let's watch what happens.
mannequin01

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:56 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Now that I have Joker to cook for I am becoming a grocery shopoholic. #-o

Isn't Joker supposed toe be the one cooking?
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:56 pm

mannequin01 wrote:Observing jim carreys condition..

since earth's daughter checked out, the one he hid within, he now has submitted to the mother, little does he know, she doesn't take kindly to submission.

Let's watch what happens.

I have only a foggy idea of what you are talking about.
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:51 pm

Splurged on dried fruits (apricots, mangoes, papayas, and dates) so I'm taste testing them to see if they are good enough snacks.
Mangoes :handgestures-thumbupleft:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:52 pm

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:Now that I have Joker to cook for I am becoming a grocery shopoholic. #-o

Isn't Joker supposed toe be the one cooking?

Only when he's in a really good mood. Would you want to eat one of his pissed off creations...could be radioactive?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Blurry » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:47 pm

Working. Fun stuff!

Mangos are indeed delicious.
Blurry
fuck

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:23 am

unnamed-11.jpg
unnamed-11.jpg (144.39 KiB) Viewed 190 times

Spring is here. The wisteria and the grapevine blossoming.
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby Jakob » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:05 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:.
JJ Fox (St James's) Ltd
19 St James's Street
London
SW1A 1ES

:-k
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:47 am

Hugh H has died at the age of 91.

He bought a plot for $75,000 next MM's twenty years ago saying, "Spending eternity next to Marilyn is too sweet to pass up."

Would you say he lived a life to be envied?

Perhaps his life style contributed to his longevity.
Last edited by A Shieldmaiden on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:51 am

I'd say he lived a life, which is more than a lot of people manage to do. Whether it's an enviable one is in the eye of the beholder.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat