Theater Of The Absurd

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: Theater Of The Absurd

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:37 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:I think you're the one who will trick yourself into thinking that the sky is falling when it's really not. I mean that's kind of your whole theme. What would you do if you couldn't find some chart on a political website to confirm your bias?

I think you're the one who will trick themselves into thinking everything is awesome and rosie when it's really not. I mean that's kind of your whole theme. What would you do if you couldn't find some chart on a government website to confirm your bias?
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:46 pm

HaHaHa wrote:
mannequin wrote:no, you're not. you broke up with your girlfriend!

We're back together. Our relationship has had its bumps but are now smoothed out. ;)

Cherish the bumps. They sometimes strenghten the relationship and can remind us how important the other is to us.
But don't deliberately create more...though they can at times make life/the relationship interesting.
"Look closely. The beautiful may be small."

"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."

“Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

Immanuel Kant
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:12 pm

HaHaHa wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:I think you're the one who will trick yourself into thinking that the sky is falling when it's really not. I mean that's kind of your whole theme. What would you do if you couldn't find some chart on a political website to confirm your bias?

I think you're the one who will trick themselves into thinking everything is awesome and rosie when it's really not. I mean that's kind of your whole theme. What would you do if you couldn't find some chart on a government website to confirm your bias?

Are you really using the "i'm rubber and you're glue" strategy?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:21 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:

Are you really using the "i'm rubber and you're glue" strategy?

:lol:
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:39 pm

The last couple of days have been exhausting. I am being pushed to my physical limit.

This construction job is only temporary and ends on Saturday. I have another job interview tomorrow for a full-time salesman position in retail so that I have work all year long after this construction one.

Tuesday I spent all morning unloading semi trucks of construction equipment and spent most of the day driving around with the site manager at lumber yards procuring supplies.

Yesterday I spent most of the day cutting and installing insulation. I got thirty two rooms done at this hotel construction site.

I still have two more floors of this hotel that I still got to do. Second floor has thirty one rooms and the first floor has twenty one.

It's looking like thirty one floors today and twenty one rooms tomorrow.

I'm working about ten hours a day and making a hundred dollars a day where as exhausted that I am can't complain too much. I am looking forward to the end of this job however.

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Arminius » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:48 pm

HaHaHa wrote:The last couple of days have been exhausting. I am being pushed to my physical limit.

This construction job is only temporary and ends on Saturday. I have another job interview tomorrow for a full-time salesman position in retail so that I have work all year long after this construction one.

Tuesday I spent all morning unloading semi trucks of construction equipment and spent most of the day driving around with the site manager at lumber yards procuring supplies.

Yesterday I spent most of the day cutting and installing insulation. I got thirty two rooms done at this hotel construction site.

I still have two more floors of this hotel that I still got to do. Second floor has thirty one rooms and the first floor has twenty one.

It's looking like thirty one floors today and twenty one rooms tomorrow.

I'm working about ten hours a day and making a hundred dollars a day where as exhausted that I am can't complain too much. I am looking forward to the end of this job however.

Good luck!
Arminius
ILP Legend

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:09 pm

There's a fucking snow blizzard outside....Day five at the construction site.

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:12 pm

HaHaHa wrote:There's a fucking snow blizzard outside....Day five at the construction site.

Are you in the Plains or is all Wyoming Plains?

"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."

“Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

Immanuel Kant
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:18 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:There's a fucking snow blizzard outside....Day five at the construction site.

Are you in the Plains or is all Wyoming Plains?

Northern portion.

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:19 pm

It's a snow day and I have the entire fucking day off! Yippee! :lol:
Last edited by Mictlantecuhtli on Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:29 pm

HaHaHa wrote:It's a snow day and I have the entire fucking day off! Yipee! :lol:

Yippee has two "ps". :wink:

So, are you going to waste your day today or are you going to spend it wisely?

Remember to go outside and make an angel in the snow. Then just lie there for a few minutes enjoying the experience.

snow angel.jpg
snow angel.jpg (3.66 KiB) Viewed 707 times

Immanuel Kant
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:01 pm

HaHaHa wrote:It's a snow day and I have the entire fucking day off! Yipee! :lol:

Remember to go outside and make an angel in the snow. Then just lie there for a few minutes enjoying the experience.

snow angel.jpg

I'm going to vegetate on the internet and then catch up on some much needed sleep tonight. :wink:

Snow angels? I get enough of that slipping on ice walking everywhere. :lol:

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:05 pm

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:21 pm

United States

Last edited by Mictlantecuhtli on Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:23 pm

HaHaHa wrote:

snow angel.jpg

I'm going to vegetate on the internet and then catch up on some much needed sleep tonight. :wink:

Snow angels? I get enough of that slipping on ice walking everywhere. :lol:

What vegetable would you compare the internet to? The internet must be pretty tasteless - at least at times it is.
That would make you a figure skater, not a snow angel.

Immanuel Kant
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:27 pm

What vegetable would you compare the internet to? The internet must be pretty tasteless - at least at times it is.

Look up the word and its meaning. Hint: Has nothing to do with vegetables.

Yes, a figure skater.

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:31 pm

United States

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:35 pm

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:39 pm

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:45 pm

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:50 pm

HaHaHa wrote:

Yes, a figure skater.

lol I meant that as a play on words. You said you were going to vegetate on the internet.
You know that at times my humor and wit is lacking, right? :mrgreen:

If grass could be considered to be a vegetable (can it?), then the internet coud be considered a pasture full of grazing animals. :oops:

Immanuel Kant
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:51 pm

United States

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:55 pm

HaHaHa wrote:Image

:lol: That could also be called America's Finest Presidential Candidates as far as I'm concerned.

Immanuel Kant
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:57 pm

HaHaHa wrote:

Yes, a figure skater.

lol I meant that as a play on words. You said you were going to vegetate on the internet.
You know that at times my humor and wit is lacking, right? :mrgreen:

If grass could be considered to be a vegetable (can it?), then the internet coud be considered a pasture full of grazing animals. :oops:

Ah, I thought you were being serious there for a moment.

The internet as grazing pastures? Nah, that's society all around us. The internet is a place where the cattle or sheep go to escape in not being reminded of just how much of livestock they really are. It's also a place where the wolves go to cut back as well. 8)

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:58 pm

HaHaHa wrote:Image

:lol: That could also be called America's Finest Presidential Candidates as far as I'm concerned.

Democracy is a sham.

Mictlantecuhtli

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat