Theater Of The Absurd

Run away and complain about it? You’re like a pestilent rodent scratching and making a ruckus in my space. Like any other pest the best way in dealing with them…

Your own reasons? Ah yes, you found a new daddy father figure for the one you lost several years ago. yawns

I am tired of dealing with you. Are you quite done yet? You need a hobby.

Other single middle aged crazy cat women living alone in apartments take up sewing or smoking crack recreationally, have you thought seriously enough about taking either hobby for yourself? Well, have you?

Just two more days of this construction gig. I don’t like working for this company. There are various safety hazards everywhere that I can mention off the top of my head and it’s just a disorganized company in general.

Essentially I was hired to fix other people’s fuck ups and thing about correcting other people’s fuck ups is that it is time consuming along with being stressful. I really hate being stressed out or not having time to myself. These are two things that really just piss me off. Those are two things I can live without.

At any rate I’m done cutting and installing insulation where I am finishing sealing windows up all three floors on the outside. I am also helping the construction site manager my boss fix some things to get the local city inspector off his back. He’s not such a terrible guy and I learn all the ins or outs from him about the job. You know, I’m amazed with all the government bureaucracy, codes, and regulations on everything concerning construction. It’s amazing that anything at all in this country gets done or accomplished.

Today I was hanging out with my boss, engineers, and master carpenters being completely new to construction work myself. Mostly I just nod, say a couple smart witty comments in reply, and do my work. It’s very interesting however to be a fly on the wall and hear how the upper echelons of the working class think or perceive things on the job. A real eye opener.

Their social politics are interesting as well. By interesting I mean boring and unsophisticated.

I for one don’t want to live a stressful life like them daily if I can help it. The things you hear from others on the job being a fly in the ointment.

I for one hope to have the entire weekend off and with Thursday being payday I will proceed Friday night to eat at my favorite local Chinese restaurant sampling some plum or rice wine. Yes, that would be the perfect way to begin the weekend with all this bullshit being over. Useful bullshit to make money, yes, but bullshit nonetheless.

Walking to work this morning.

:laughing: I’d stay out of banks and government agencies if I were you.

Bye bye HaHaHa

Are you worried I’d chew some holes in your dream world?

No, I’ve heard the moans of yet another whiny, spineless wannabe man, who’s screaming for everyone’s support and attention because he’s too weak to hack it on his own through life.

I’ve seen orphans do better than you. This defect must be in the hardware.

Why, should I shake your hand and pat you on the back and tell you how swell of a guy you are? I’m sure you’ll like that - that’s why you’re here. Don’t you get it yet, country bumpkin, nobody gives a &*$#%! You’re on your own. Be a man and carry your own weight, stop trying to share the load. You talk of prostituting nature of women, and here you are, like a clown, prostituting yourself for some attention from strangers, presenting your own weakness as your strength.

Oh, and do let us know next time you have the sniffles. It’s a must.

Don’t you worry, when I do, I’d absolutely share it with you and everyone else on the internet, so I’ll know I’m not alone and people care about me.
Because, in the end, that’s what really matters.

Temperature?

God, you’re as bad as Joker, maybe worse.

Usually people who say this are hiding deep resentment and cynicism towards the world, the same kind you’re accusing Joker of wining and complaining about, and this is in fact a cheeky way of wining and complaining yourself.

Usually, those with the strength to rise above it don’t cry about how nobody gives a shit, but they try what they can to be one of the few who actually give a shit. If the problem is that there is no compassion in the world, the right thing to do is to add some (if you can).

And just for the record, Joker has posted comments about being in love just as much as he wines and complains.

Isn’t it supposed to be spring time everywhere?

Joker just wants to run away to the good feeling, the feeling of comfort and security, where everything is effortless and pleasurable, where he’s the (chair) master of the universe. So he comes here to complain and share his life drama with everybody, exposing his true need. What a hypocrite!

And I have to whole-heartedly agree. I, myself, do not like Pandora.

‘Why so?’, someone might ask. Because Pandora is infected with paleo-masculine virus. The defining mark of paleo-masculinity is hatred of sensitivity. I am not saying that Joker is sensitive – it is clear to me that he is predominantly insensitive, in fact, he himself is infected with paleo-masculine virus as well – but it is also pretty clear that Pandora despises sensitivity. And even more than Joker does.

Sensitivity is despised because it overwhelmes the consciousness with too much detail. Paleo-masculine types hate this because it risks their survival . . . too much detail is undesirable. It makes self-preservation much more difficult. It is for this reason that they are uninterested in trying to understand the true nature of the problem in order to find and then apply an elegant solution. Instead, they just want to make the problem go away as quickly as possible. Hence, their preferred method of dealing with problems is denial – to suppress rather than to resolve.

You will often hear them say “just deal with it” or “just get over it” or “just forget it” or “just take it like a man” and so on and so forth. They rely on desensitization to resolve their problems.

They are bullies. They are empathetic bullies. It is precisely because they are empathetic that they are bullies. They despise it when others display sensitivity. They despise it because their empathy forces them to imitiate their state of sensitivity, which ends up overwhelming them . . . which is why they end up being aggressive towards the other, trying to force them into being less sensitive.

Oh, this is a good one. Can we get some Sensitivity around here??!

So, this is how cry babies justify their weakness - sensitivity! Sensitivity my ass! You know what really happens in life to weaklings who are given support and sensitivity, especially men? They let it get to their head and start spinning all kinds of fairly tales/justifications to keep it that way. Like a child who doesn’t want to let go of pacifier, once given. They LIKE IT! and forget what they had to give up to get it.

Been there, done that. See my explanation above. Elegant solution, at what expense? If I pay full price for X, why should I let you use it for free? You want something- then pay the full price, earn it. Stop asking for hand outs. Sure, you could get a handout of time and compassion and mercy and understanding, but then we would both know what we really are, the one asking for it and the one giving it. It actually disrespects both.

Looks like another one crying for some compassion.

It’s probably no big deal for weaklings, whose state of every day sensitivity is a norm - they are not bothered by it, they’ll beg and freeload themselves to death if they could. Because they deserve it- because everyone should deserve it. But for those for whom it is not, it is shameful because they hold higher standards for themselves. Unlike the ‘sensitive’ ones, they are not used to the MO of asking for handouts or owing others, or being used to not even being bothered by it.
They hold themselves accountable, and for their own failures, they have nobody to blame but themselves.

Sneak Preview: Presenting the Pandora meme.

You forgot the pitchfork.

What exactly do we mean by “sensitivity”? What is a “sensitive” man? This, I believe, is highly misunderstood.

There is sensitive as in: easily hurt, prone to emotion at the slightest trigger.

Then there is sensitive as in: being able to detect, or sense, the feelings, thoughts, and needs of others, and being stirred to respond to them.

A man who is sensitive in the former sense might be seen to wine and complain about their hurt feelings, asking for free handouts and Pandora suggests. A man who is sensitive in the latter sense might be seen to do just the opposite, to respond to the needs and emotions of others.

This paleo-masculine hatred of sensitivity, as you call it, is, I think, geared towards the former. “Real men”, as they say, don’t like a pussy (and I think most women don’t either). But I question whether a man who is sensitive to the needs of others, and is emotionally moved to empathize with them, is equally seen as a pussy and hated by paleo-masculinity. I suppose a man who always cries at sappy movies, which can happen from being too sensitive to the needs of others, will look like a pussy, but that to me seems more like a man who is overly reactive emotionally (so sensitive in both senses), which is subtly different from being aware of the feelings and needs of others. You can intuit how another is feeling and what their needs are, and feel enough compassion to help the other to meet those needs without getting all blubbery and emotional about it. ← Does that qualify for a “real man” who somehow manages to be “sensitive” at the same time?

And we are right back to compassion - the need to offload some of the responsibility, or in your case, to take some of the credit. If the other’s true need is to be self reliant, taking on some of that responsibility for other would defeat the purpose, wouldn’t it?

You seem like the type of person who wants to reinforce the view that there is no such thing as a truly altruistic person, that even the most seemingly selfless acts are really done for selfish reasons. I’m sure this works to give you the sense that you’re a tough cookie and quite resilient in the face of such a bleak harsh world.

What would a truly selfless act look like to you?

Do I want some of the credit for helping someone through tough times? Sure, that would be nice. I could think of myself as the hero and all that. ← Very enticing!

The question I’m asking is: does that make me a pussy?

“Real man” is a paleo-masculine invention. “Real man”, from the point of view of paleo-masculinity, is a selfish man who is preoccupied with survival (or glory.) One should take care not to come to a premature, and incorrect, conclusion that such a man lacks empathy. He does not. However, he does lack universal empathy. In other words, his empathy is restricted to his in-group (e.g. his family, his neighbourhood, his town, his nation, his ethnicity, his species, etc.)

A sensitive man is otherwise known as honorable man. A honorable man is a man who can sense the subtlest forms of violence and then retaliate against them. Such acts are often described as “over-sensitive” by paleo-masculine types, since paleo-masculine types are considerably desensitized to violence (since too much sensitivity is detrimental to achieving their primitive ends.)

The fundamental difference between the two types lies in the purpose they assign to their lives. Paleo-masculine types strive for survival or glory. Honorable types strive for peace (which is the elimination of violence.)

There is nothing wrong with “being easily hurt” or “being prone to emotion at the slightest trigger”. It is true that such states are inferior to composure – though, one has to note, not every state of composure is superior – but that does not mean we should treat such people with violence (which is what paleo-masculine types, such as Pandora, do when they come in contact with them – they tell them to “just get over it”.)

We punish concrete acts of violence. Being emotionally overwhelmed is in itself not a violence. It is only when it converts to a concrete act of violence that we punish it.

Of course, being emotionally overwhelmed puts you at the risk of loss of self-control, and a loss of self-control puts you at the risk of commiting violence. But the potential alone is not enough to justify punishment.

Quite simply, we punish barbarism. Paleo-masculine types, on the other hand, are narcissists who punish everything that they consider below them (and many times what they consider below them is not even below them.)

Here’s a paleo-masculine father mocking his daughter (as well as filming it and then posting it on YouTube):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td8NDwFDmp8[/youtube]

Such a sight would motivate every honorable individual to beat the fuck out of this man, as well as everyone in the comment section who is supporting him.

That’s honor.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpZjvbSC9_M[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFa1-kciCb4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvEnIkz82A0[/youtube]

Yeah, they tend to look at me with suspicious eyes…