What's for dinner?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby Blurry » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:51 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:If kids in Sudan want to eat foie gras, then they need to up their game and bootstrap it.

This made me lol for real. Now I feel like a bad person, and it's your fault.
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:17 am

Thanks.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:44 pm

Hamburgers, cabbage sauteed in butter, and baked potatoes.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:07 pm

Chunky potato, cheddar cheese, broccoli, and turkey soup.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:07 am

tentative wrote:
MagsJ wrote:You must throw fantastic dinner parties, Tent. :|
Just a couple of summertime deck parties. It's the only time I have friends - I think they're friends. Nothing fantastic, I'm too poor for that. Just a teensy bit of extravagance once in awhile.

...which probably makes them all the more special.
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby tentative » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:58 am

simplicity tonight: Miso soup with chicken and scallions, rice with shredded daikon, a sprinkle of slivered ginger, garnish of wakame flakes and sesame seed.
IGAYRCCFYVM
Sorry, arguing with the ignorant is like trying to wrestle with a jellyfish. No matter how many tentacles you cut off there are always more, and there isn't even a brain to stun. - Maia

I don't take know for an answer.
tentative

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:12 am

homemade meat pie

unnamed-5.jpg
unnamed-5.jpg (22.33 KiB) Viewed 602 times
unnamed-6.jpg
unnamed-6.jpg (30.27 KiB) Viewed 602 times
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:27 pm

Sm, that looks good. What all is in it?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:59 pm

Sweet Italian sausage and mushroom marinara over penne pasta
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:37 am

Gotta think..... I made it up.

Minced beef, leek, celery, zucchini, onion, carrot, beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, tomato, sauce, cornflour to thicken, puff pastry on top and shortcrust pastry to line dish, glazed with egg yolk.

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:04 pm

A skillet meal with ground beef, potatoes, onions, and green peppers fried in olive oil, garlic, pepper, and salt. A sweet corn side.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:55 pm

Sauerkraut stew with ground beef, rice, tomatoes, onions, corn, green beans, garlic, salt, and pepper. I forgot how I used to make it and it doesn't taste as good as days gone by. :confusion-shrug:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Lasagna and a salad. Another of Joker's favorites.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:18 pm

Joker's Heart Attack Special: fried dice potatoes, bacon, onions, green peppers, and cheddar cheese (may add an Italian cheese blend too)smothered in ranch dressing. Delish! :mrgreen:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:55 pm

Delhi Tikka Masala Chicken and veggie combo over rice, full of trace amounts of chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, gmo's, hormone injected chicken and God only knows what else. :evil: Yum.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:14 am

Got a pic?

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby Jakob » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:21 pm

tentative wrote:simplicity tonight: Miso soup with chicken and scallions, rice with shredded daikon, a sprinkle of slivered ginger, garnish of wakame flakes and sesame seed.

Pretty good, but no shabu-shabu.
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:34 pm

Beef and chicken tacos and fixins'.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby tentative » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:29 am

Jakob wrote:
tentative wrote:simplicity tonight: Miso soup with chicken and scallions, rice with shredded daikon, a sprinkle of slivered ginger, garnish of wakame flakes and sesame seed.

Pretty good, but no shabu-shabu.
Actually, the only thing missing was the hot pot and paper-thin slices of the meat of choice. Too much work for one or two people. Shabu shabu is great for four or more. It's a favorite at the company dinners. Don't forget the beer or sake.
IGAYRCCFYVM
Sorry, arguing with the ignorant is like trying to wrestle with a jellyfish. No matter how many tentacles you cut off there are always more, and there isn't even a brain to stun. - Maia

I don't take know for an answer.
tentative

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:37 pm

Baked pork chops & potatoes, and garlic peppered broccoli.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Blurry » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:19 am

Homemade steak fajitas, which are cooking RIGHT NOW and giving off a delicious smelly smell. Mmmm.
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:17 pm

Crockpotted beef roast, golden potatoes, and onions with a side salad.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:38 pm

Roasted poussin, with raw courgette and carrot citrus-marinated ribbons... I've really gotten into cooked meats/fish, served with raw spiced sauces and raw marinated vegetables... the cooked and the raw is refreshing my palate beautifully.

All my sauces and flavorings are raw.. until further notice.
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Blurry » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:13 pm

MagsJ wrote:Roasted poussin, with raw courgette and carrot citrus-marinated ribbons... I've really gotten into cooked meats/fish, served with raw spiced sauces and raw marinated vegetables... the cooked and the raw is refreshing my palate beautifully.

All my sauces and flavorings are raw.. until further notice.

I've noticed that you tend to get some shit for what you eat, but I have to say, nearly everything you describe sounds delicious to me.
Blurry
fuck

Postby MagsJ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:35 am

Blurry wrote:I've noticed that you tend to get some shit for what you eat, but I have to say, nearly everything you describe sounds delicious to me.

I can't say I've had sleepless nights over it.
MagsJ
The Londonist

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat