Splurges

At times when you’re not thrifty, what do you splurge on?

Movies (Blu-ray/DVD, it must be in my hand, a held possession.)
Condiments (What is my fascination with jams, sauces, etc.? I have to try them all it seems.)
Loved ones (I love to spoil My Joker.)

Junk food .

Vacations, watches, gold, stocks, shoes, partying all over the city.

Red ink pens, fine point, 0.7mm
Books
Socks

Why red pens? I could see you with a red pen, carefully editing parts of one of those bibles where god’s word is supposed to be in red or whatever jesus said would be in red…like you’re making other shit look like it’s printed in red too. You’re crazy man.

I prefer to write in red ink, I take calligraphy seriously when taking notes, printed exactly with intense focus.

It is a art that died out in the west with the rise of print, but we used to hold it in equally high regard as the Japanese still do. It is a excellent psychological practice.

I prefer that brand of the mass produced commercial pens, but have built inkwell pens in the past. I have a design that advances beyond the ballpoint flow, haven’t built it yet as it involves acid etching the tubing under a microscope, have it pour our through pours when pressure is applied- would like to build it and constantly improve over time.

I can’t afford parchment in the size I want right now, the only place you can find enough are blank Torah Scrolls, it is all made from animal hides. I am very impressed in how the modern page, it’s construction and design, uniformed font type, evolved from it. I’ve used receipt paper (thermal paper roll) as it allowed me to do a continuous polygonic succession for a calculation without break for a math problem (too complex for algerbraic expression), it has a lot of potential as a philosophical medium.

By time I’m old, I would like to have a few dozen works like this, unprintable because it is of a continuous design with text interpolated in, and donate them to rare book rooms like at the library of Congress, or other large libraries around the world. It would keep my works from becoming popular, easily accessible, you would have to travel far across the world to find them scattered, designed to last the ages.

I’ve also looked into making my own ink and paper, have a general interest in making cloth paper rolls. We only have one linen book from antiquity though, Etruscan (ironically), so they need to be kept in a desert environment… I’m looking at something far more durable, a material for the paper that doesn’t fade, likewise the ink.

Aristotle wrote his works in Purple (same purple the Catholic church uses for it’s priests), but I prefer a more Roman red, closer to maroon, with a darker, richer hue.

And how often have I quoted the Bible Smears? Hardly any, most people here are deranged idiots who are instantly turned off by the text as they think it somehow oppresses them. I wouldn’t bother with this forum, not a missionary or theologian, I’m quite content knowing I shall go to heaven while the rest of you burn in the fires of hell, no need to rub it in in the meantime by quoting Bible.

Why would a just and loving God send anyone to hell?

Hell is a voluntary separation from God. It is in man’s nature to love God, you go against this, choosing to be cruel to his people, you choose this. Why would a kind and just God associate tyrants and murderers with his children for a eternity? This is neither kindness of justice.

I recommend a reading of “The Pumpkinification of the Divine Claudius” for further insights, written by Seneca- I and another ILP poster a while back discovered a lost work this work was based off of (was much more me actually, when we translated the text I recognized the story), I have yet to publish my findings (wasn’t a original idea by Seneca, but part of a tradition), but I believe you will readily see the point in Seneca’s Comedy. I’ve used aspects of it in slamming Sauwelios.

Apocolocyntosis
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocolocyntosis

It is a short work, online. Quite funny.

When I save up (literally) a few extra bucks…

I splurge on video poker

Best way to make friends is to have a vice

What the hell is video poker? Slot machine poker? Do you win often? as opposed to coming here… :smiley:

Ooooooh, what do I splurge on :-k
-Ubers: such a godsend
-Conservative events and conferences: far from cheap, but gotta be seen on the scene
-Plants: a regular new addition to house or garden… of exotic bloom and big leaf
-Plug-in air freshener refills: I fell in love with the lavender-scented one the other day :stuck_out_tongue:
-Organic produce: a necessity because of my intolerances
-Hats: to add to my designer collection of year-round head gear

Soda, cigars, video games, movies, junk food,and hunting outdoor stores.

Not enough space in heaven? :blush:

Does space exist in heaven?