Post a message to Zoots

Again, spoken like a dude who’s never been to jail. Turd, are you just now realizing that there’s such a thing as widespread, institutionalized mistreatment of prisoners? I can’t imagine how that must mess with your pro-cop world view. The money game they’re running at the expense of the prisoner’s humanity is not isolated to a few spots. That’s how incarceration for profit works. Imagine that you’re in jail and you have an ulcer. Now you’ve gotta walk up to a guy behind a window at some point and tell him that you have an ulcer. He’s not going to tell anyone that you told him that. You’ll get to see a nurse when you collapse, then they’ll give you pepto bismol and send you back to your cell.

I had 4 guys coming out from behind the window threatening to beat the shit out of me once because I was pissed that they wouldn’t give me toilet paper. I just said look man, if you guys wanna be the guys who beat me up when I was being held for less than 5 hours because I needed to shit and you wouldn’t give me toilet paper then that’s a route I’m willing to go. When I’m before the judge this will all come to light. Now I’m gonna take a shit and there’s no one not even myself who can stop it, so I can either wipe with some toilet paper or I can wipe on your blanket. Then this one old cop came out and gave me a roll.

I was in another one once for long enough to eat a few meals. You get 1 of these, 2 times a day. And in the middle of the day you can have a piece of bruised up shitty fruit.

walmart.com/ip/Banquet-Brea … z/10794565

Come to think of it, I was in holding in yet another jail once and they didn’t have toilet paper either. I didn’t have to take a shit so it was no big deal, but they held me in isolation for about 12 hours until the lawyers got there. I asked them why they didn’t have toilet paper, and they said because people were wadding it into balls and throwing it at the ceiling and making it stick up there. I just shook my head. Only a cop type would take toilet paper away from everyone because someone acted like an idiot with it.

What about my phone call I’m entitled to? They know they gotta get paid for me for 2 days so even though I’d dropped off at 2pm, I don’t get through booking until just before midnight. Then they give me a phone call, then after I’ve been on the phone for like 15 fucking seconds, they start screaming at you that it’s time to get off the phone. Like how can I arrange bond and contact an attorney in under a minute? They’re not concerned with that. I got to use the phone, and they think that’s enough even thought it’s fucking impossible to make bail that way. So they get me upstairs because I can’t call both the bondsman and the lawyer because I don’t have enough time, then the lawyer has to call the bondsman then an hour later once they’ve counted me for the next day I’m walking out the door.

Whole thing could have been done 30 minutes after the arrest, but they kept me for like 14 hours just to get paid, and they went out of thier way to make itr difficult for me to contact a bondsman and an attorney.

Oh yeah and the fucking phones can only make collect calls to land lines. So you can’t call your lawyer’s cell number. You’ve gotta leave a fucking message with the answering service.

And for the record, I’ve never been convicted of a crime nor have I ever accepted a plea. I’ve never paid a fine or a court cost, I’ve never taken a class of any kind or any drug tests. In each of these instances, my case was dismissed before trial either by grand jury or simply because the prosecutor knew he didn’t have a case.

What about the time I was in college and I had a public defender…

So I went to court, the judge assigned my broke ass a public defender. I go to his office after a few days of being unable to reach him. He isn’t there, he never comes, and the receptionist has to throw me out because they’re closing for the day.

So I go back to court and sit in on the Judge’s next session, and at the end of it I approached the bench and informed her that I’d been unable to contact the attorney that she assigned. She was embarrassed and made a call and told me to wait for him all day if that’s what it took. So I waited for hours the next day in his office until he finally came in. I told him I was not guilty and he said, “man look, I’m gonna be out of town for your court date so you should just go in and just plead guilty. Guy like you with no record? They’ll go easy on you. No jail just some money and come kind of other bullshit community service or something.”

I said, “sir this is unacceptable. If you’re asking me to plead guilty, then you’re asking me to lie to the judge and that’s what I"m going to say to her when I see her again. So you need to sit down and look at this law as it’s stated in the code and explain to me how the fuck you know if I’m guilty or not when you haven’t even looked at the facts of the case”.

So I raised hell and threatened to report him to the bar for advising me to lie under oath. Then he went with me to the courthouse and we changed the date to a day that he could actually be there 2 weeks later.

So I asked him 1 question and 1 question only. I said, “Do I need to come on the original date and show them this new paperwork with the later date or just come on the later date?” He said to come on the later date.

So the day comes and I go to court. He’s not there. Judge calls all the names on the docket. Mine isn’t called. She says, “any people I didn’t call raise your hands”. I raised mine.

Next thing you know, I am being arrested for failure to appear…while I am sitting in the courtroom holding a document that says I’m supposed to be here today.

So I get booked again, shoestrings, belt, the whole deal. More mugshots. And I get a phone call. So I start calling his office and leaving scathing messages the likes of which he’d probably never heard. Then eventually he showed up.

So he comes in and gets me and I walk back in front of the judge holding my pants up with my shoes flopping around. And oh yeah the jailors threatened to beat me up again if I didn’t get off the phone, and I told them the same thing as last time. That whatever they did the judge would find out.

So my public defender and the prosecutor take me in the little side room to get together to try and extort me as a team. They were both yelling at me and I was calmly explaining that, 1) I was innocent, 2) that they had not presented evidence to the contrary, 3) I am hereby demanding a fucking trial, and 4) that they weren’t getting a fucking dime unless a jury said so and that I would appeal and spend everything I had on the lawyers, sell everything I own to do it, and when they got their judgement I would take the jail instead of the fine and they’d be paying to feed me.

I told them that they were trying to run a racket and that I was going to request a new attorney based on this one being inadequate council. Swung the door open and went back in front of the judge with these 2 assholes scurrying behind me.

The judge says, “did you all come up with a resolution for this case?”. They both babbled like idiots not knowing what to say and I said, “I know I’m not guilty”. The judge was so embarrassed that the nol prossed the whole thing and apologized for the re-arrest, and I walked out cussing about how I’d never seen anything so unprofessional in my life.

Phon how much would it be to pay off his damn bill so that he can have the fucking cheeseburger?

Like if I have a $2500 signature bond, why the fuck can’t they just run my credit card which is in my wallet in a property bag? That would just be too simple.

Are you going to subsidize his burger?

Maybe.

Now that would be something :angelic-flying: unexpected.

Why?

I thought you weren’t the type for commitments. :mrgreen: Well, beyond training kitties and household cleaning measures. Depth is hard to discern in you. I’m sorry.

Commitments? How is it a commitment to get a guy a cheeseburger?

Most people think that depth is in long windedness and obscure vocabulary. The “ist” and “ism” crowd. That’s smart guy stuff. That’s what smart deep guys do. But I’m over it. Been there, done that, got the tshirt. I’m not here to try and convince people that I’m deep or smart. Those aren’t things that I feel any need to prove.

What are you here to convince people of? Not nothing? What then?

I just say that I’m thinking and see how it goes. I don’t really have an angle like that.

Are there really five people who use your account?

It’s a revolving crowd. Maybe 4, maybe 6. Depends on the day I suppose.

Why are other people being you?

They’re not.