A Thread To Talk About Anything.

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Otto_West » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:12 pm

Ok, somebody talk about anything as I am bored.
Your entire world of fantasy and make believe is doomed, have a nice day.
User avatar
Otto_West
Doom Pornographer
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm
Location: Dumbfuckistan- Will Work For Depreciating (FRN) Shekels.

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Pandora » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:54 pm

You know what you can do when you're bored?

You can clean your house! ;)
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3845
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Otto_West » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:58 pm

Pandora wrote:You know what you can do when you're bored?

You can clean your house! ;)

You're not solving my boredom here Pandora.
Your entire world of fantasy and make believe is doomed, have a nice day.
User avatar
Otto_West
Doom Pornographer
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm
Location: Dumbfuckistan- Will Work For Depreciating (FRN) Shekels.

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Pandora » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:09 pm

Just start cleaning!
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3845
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Activism. Lately, I've been in this mode of needing to provide plans for change, but there's so much wrong out there that I'm having trouble narrowing down where to place my efforts.
Last edited by WendyDarling on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 6327
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Otto_West » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:40 pm

Pandora wrote:Just start cleaning!

No, not time yet.
Your entire world of fantasy and make believe is doomed, have a nice day.
User avatar
Otto_West
Doom Pornographer
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm
Location: Dumbfuckistan- Will Work For Depreciating (FRN) Shekels.

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Otto_West » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:40 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Activism. Lately, I've been in this mode of needing to provide plans for change, but there are so much wrong out there that I'm having trouble narrowing down where to place my efforts.

What preparations specifically?
Your entire world of fantasy and make believe is doomed, have a nice day.
User avatar
Otto_West
Doom Pornographer
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm
Location: Dumbfuckistan- Will Work For Depreciating (FRN) Shekels.

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:49 pm

Research so far and the laying out ideas for my intentional women's only community. Repeal and replace of our current government. Public owned medical partnerships. Restructuring the educational system.

Why, are you in the mood for some type of physical protest?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 6327
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Otto_West » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:08 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Research so far and the laying out ideas for my intentional women's only community. Repeal and replace of our current government. Public owned medical partnerships. Restructuring the educational system.

Why, are you in the mood for some type of physical protest?

Physical protest?
Your entire world of fantasy and make believe is doomed, have a nice day.
User avatar
Otto_West
Doom Pornographer
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm
Location: Dumbfuckistan- Will Work For Depreciating (FRN) Shekels.

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Pandora » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:29 pm

Here's a keep-boredom-at-bay guide for Otto:

Image
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3845
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:42 pm

Keep after him, Pandabear! Make Otto check off each box! :evilfun: :lol:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 6327
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:44 pm

Otto_West wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:Research so far and the laying out ideas for my intentional women's only community. Repeal and replace of our current government. Public owned medical partnerships. Restructuring the educational system.

Why, are you in the mood for some type of physical protest?

Physical protest?

I like the every person goes on strike idea, ie. nobody reports to work, until some major governmental reforms occur.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 6327
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Otto_West » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:56 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Keep after him, Pandabear! Make Otto check off each box! :evilfun: :lol:


:shock:
Your entire world of fantasy and make believe is doomed, have a nice day.
User avatar
Otto_West
Doom Pornographer
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm
Location: Dumbfuckistan- Will Work For Depreciating (FRN) Shekels.

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Otto_West » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:57 pm

WendyDarling wrote:
Otto_West wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:Research so far and the laying out ideas for my intentional women's only community. Repeal and replace of our current government. Public owned medical partnerships. Restructuring the educational system.

Why, are you in the mood for some type of physical protest?

Physical protest?

I like the every person goes on strike idea, ie. nobody reports to work, until some major governmental reforms occur.

Except if you go on strike you'll get fired by your employer.
Your entire world of fantasy and make believe is doomed, have a nice day.
User avatar
Otto_West
Doom Pornographer
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm
Location: Dumbfuckistan- Will Work For Depreciating (FRN) Shekels.

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:00 pm

When you go on strike in essence you are firing your employer. In this case, every one of them would be fired.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 6327
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Otto_West » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:43 pm

WendyDarling wrote:When you go on strike in essence you are firing your employer. In this case, every one of them would be fired.

Doesn't work that way in the land of the slave and fee.....
Your entire world of fantasy and make believe is doomed, have a nice day.
User avatar
Otto_West
Doom Pornographer
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm
Location: Dumbfuckistan- Will Work For Depreciating (FRN) Shekels.

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:02 am

I understand that you cannot imagine a day in which US citizens by and far have had enough of big business and its government, enough to take action and say, "fuck you!" but such a day or even two is possible with the right band of leaders. I believe it would take a band of leaders who act as one to spearhead such an enormous operation to get nearly the whole country to strike. What a beautiful sight it would be to see the power of a nation transferred back into the hands of its people.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 6327
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:08 pm

Pandora wrote:You know what you can do when you're bored?

You can clean your house! ;)


Why would anyone do that?
Just hire someone to do the job.
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
User avatar
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3565
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:06 pm

I want to start a non profit to help refugees have an easier time moving into Magnus Anderson's back yard.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24708
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby The Eternal Warrior » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:10 pm

I want to fuck more and do more drugs and have a couple more really good meals.
User avatar
The Eternal Warrior
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2440
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:26 am

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Pandora » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:14 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:
Why would anyone do that?
Just hire someone to do the job.


That's what Jews say too. Too good for manual labor, I guess, need to be in management positions and just tell others what to do and have them do all the dirty work.
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3845
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Pandora » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:37 pm

WendyDarling wrote:I understand that you cannot imagine a day in which US citizens by and far have had enough of big business and its government, enough to take action and say, "fuck you!" but such a day or even two is possible with the right band of leaders. I believe it would take a band of leaders who act as one to spearhead such an enormous operation to get nearly the whole country to strike. What a beautiful sight it would be to see the power of a nation transferred back into the hands of its people.


I don't see it happening. That's one reason why unions are failing. There will always be people who are willing to work for half the wage, messing things up for everyone else. And McCain needs to go. Free trade means somebody's going to take your job away from you, for less, and companies are going to pocket money saved; ultimately, good for corporations, and bad for workers rights. And being 'more competitive' really means cutting costs at the workers' expense. Don't like your wages being dropped and your worker's rights slowly being taken away? It's okay, Abu there will work for less and not complain about it, and company will profit more and eventually 'boost' the economy.
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3845
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby fuse » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:11 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:
Pandora wrote:You know what you can do when you're bored?

You can clean your house! ;)


Why would anyone do that?
Just hire someone to do the job.

It's good to clean-up after yourself, to take care of your house so that it is a home, and it is also therapeutic, which is just to say it is psychologically rewarding as well.

When you take care of the small things and menial concerns in your life, your environment -- e.g. hygiene, cleanliness, physical shape, keeping records and affairs in order, etc. -- you build up an ethic and confidence which provide stability and control and lead to achieving greater and greater things. It starts with taking care of yourself and staying on top of your affairs.
User avatar
fuse
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4515
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:40 am

Pandora wrote:
Magnus Anderson wrote:
Why would anyone do that?
Just hire someone to do the job.


That's what Jews say too. Too good for manual labor, I guess, need to be in management positions and just tell others what to do and have them do all the dirty work.


But if you have the money, which I am pretty sure most of people here do, why not pay someone else to do the job?
It saves time and helps you focus on more important things.
Imagine if everyone did everything on their own.
What would happen? Noone would get anywhere.

Ancient peoples used slaves for the menial labor.
Basically, their workers had no rights whatsoever.
Nowadays, we just pay people to do the job.
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
User avatar
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3565
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:47 am

fuse wrote:
Magnus Anderson wrote:
Pandora wrote:You know what you can do when you're bored?

You can clean your house! ;)


Why would anyone do that?
Just hire someone to do the job.

It's good to clean-up after yourself, to take care of your house so that it is a home, and it is also therapeutic, which is just to say it is psychologically rewarding as well.

When you take care of the small things and menial concerns in your life, your environment -- e.g. hygiene, cleanliness, physical shape, keeping records and affairs in order, etc. -- you build up an ethic and confidence which provide stability and control and lead to achieving greater and greater things. It starts with taking care of yourself and staying on top of your affairs.


They say "time is money".
I say "time is power".
You want to have as much free time as possible.
How can you have any free time if you focus on menial tasks?
I understand when someone is poor and can't afford a cleaning service.
But most people here aren't really poor.
In Italy, I recall, a waiter earns more than 1,500 EUR per month.
That's more than enough to afford a cleaning service.
Here, where I live, that's an above average pay.
Far far above average since our average is like 400 EUR.
I got a philosophy degree, I'm not upset that I can't find work as a philosopher. It was my decision, and I knew that it wasn't a money making degree, so I get money elsewhere.
-- Mr. Reasonable
User avatar
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3565
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Next

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users