A Thread To Talk About Anything.

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:56 pm

What are you doing hanging out with Asian prostitutes? And I don't mean hookers anyway. I mean like the ones from the university who've just been here a few years. Choppy engrish, bad driving, under 120lbs, and not offended that you don't like rice.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24643
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:05 pm

Okay, shut it! I don't want to know anymore now or when your 50 yrs. old still trying to play foreign college kids or the usual strippers with your bucks. No! Just no!
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 6203
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:11 pm

I'm not 50. And they play themselves.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24643
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:26 am

I know that you are not fifty, but you will be in little more than a decade and I'm just telling you now that I don't care to hear about your continuing escapades with 20-26 year old ho's that weigh under 120 lbs. who wear butt plugs and whose ass cheeks are bony enough to see straight up and down their cracks. *coughing, gagging, dry heaving*
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 6203
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:28 am

Are you using one of those accessibility functions that reads the text to you? Like for a blind person? How can you hear me?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24643
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:29 am

Actually, not being able to hear you is one of God's mercies.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 6203
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:32 am

No one ever expects me to sound like I do. I'm basically a white Barry White. I must smoke like 50 cigarettes a day, and I sound like a tuba when I talk. I can do, "swing low, dweet chariot" in perfect pitch.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24643
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:35 am

Why are you body shaming small women?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24643
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:37 am

"swing low, dweet chariot"

more like...dweeb chariot...who smokes 50 cigs a day through a tuba once owned by Barry Mannilow. :lol:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 6203
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:39 am

Your mom.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24643
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Pandora » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:35 am

Magnus Anderson wrote:
Why is division of labor not self-sustaining?
Why is employing other people's functions, instead of your own functions, not self-sustaining?

Because eventually you'll start preferring certain tasks over the others (the easier and more pleasant ones) and eventually you'll turn into an intellectual or academic (basically, out of touch with reality) who thinks he's too good For manual labor. (This is why I brought up the Jew, although I also stereotyped).
Hiring a plumber to fix your plumbing is not the same as doing the plumbing yourself. Delegating is not doing it, only paying for it and then taking credit for the work done, and I've seen a lot of that in the workplace and elsewhere. Did Cheops build the pyramid? I doubt he even lifted a single rock in his lifetime. Was Obama so great because he could come up with persuasive eloquent speeches? No, somebody else wrote them for him. The Jews have said that any animal can do manual labor but not anyone can think and that why they favor segregation of manual labor and intellectual work (or delegating as you say). To that I will say that even those who believe they are great thinkers are not necessarily even barely good thinkers. Sick or incompetent kind of thinking/imagining, even if creative, is not good thinking in my opinion, and a lot of that thinking is out of touch with reality because of this segregation. Thinking on paper or idealistically is not he same as implementing it in the real world. And then people wonder why such and such system fails (I'm talking about economic and political systems here)
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3797
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Arcturus Descending » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:38 pm

fuse wrote:
Magnus Anderson wrote:
Pandora wrote:You know what you can do when you're bored?

You can clean your house! ;)


Why would anyone do that?
Just hire someone to do the job.

It's good to clean-up after yourself, to take care of your house so that it is a home, and it is also therapeutic, which is just to say it is psychologically rewarding as well.

When you take care of the small things and menial concerns in your life, your environment -- e.g. hygiene, cleanliness, physical shape, keeping records and affairs in order, etc. -- you build up an ethic and confidence which provide stability and control and lead to achieving greater and greater things. It starts with taking care of yourself and staying on top of your affairs.


All so true, Fuse, and be sure to teach your little ones that ~~ when they come into being. Well, not right away of course. They need to learn to walk first. :evilfun:

How are your clouds treating you?
SAPERE AUDE!


If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.


What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel


I learn as I write!
User avatar
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
 
Posts: 14835
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: Ecstasy on Earth.

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Otto_West » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:07 pm

Working ten hour third shifts suck especially if they're rotating.
Your entire world of fantasy and make believe is doomed, have a nice day.
User avatar
Otto_West
Doom Pornographer
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm
Location: Dumbfuckistan- Will Work For Depreciating (FRN) Shekels.

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Arcturus Descending » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:31 pm

Some Guy in History wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:
Some Guy in History wrote:I want to fuck more and do more drugs and have a couple more really good meals.



You're probably not going to get to do that.


You're probably not wrong.


But I certainly do hope that you will have yourself a couple more of really good meals.
Those ARE important. :mrgreen:
SAPERE AUDE!


If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped.


What we take ourselves to be doing when we think about what is the case or how we should act is something that cannot be reconciled with a reductive naturalism, for reasons distinct from those that entail the irreducibility of consciousness. It is not merely the subjectivity of thought but its capacity to transcend subjectivity and to discover what is objectively the case that presents a problem....Thought and reasoning are correct or incorrect in virtue of something independent of the thinker's beliefs, and even independent of the community of thinkers to which he belongs.

Thomas Nagel


I learn as I write!
User avatar
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
 
Posts: 14835
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: Ecstasy on Earth.

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Some Guy in History » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:54 pm

I'm also likely to always come up on more drugs.
Image

A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time. A man does not die of love or his liver or even of old age; he dies of being a man. Death is a distant rumor to the young. Life is eternal, and love is immortal, and death is only a horizon; and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.
User avatar
Some Guy in History
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2410
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:26 am

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:39 pm

Some Guy in History wrote:I'm also likely to always come up on more drugs.



Yeah like bath salts, meth and salvia.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24643
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Some Guy in History » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:11 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Some Guy in History wrote:I'm also likely to always come up on more drugs.



Yeah like bath salts, meth and salvia.


Found a bottle of acetaminophen in a trash can the other day. Opened it up last night to take some for a headache and found that somebody had stashed a sack of dope between the lid and the seal and probably threw it away forgetting that it was there.
Image

A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time. A man does not die of love or his liver or even of old age; he dies of being a man. Death is a distant rumor to the young. Life is eternal, and love is immortal, and death is only a horizon; and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.
User avatar
Some Guy in History
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2410
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:26 am

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:13 pm

You sound like a real winner. Why are you going through trash cans?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24643
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Some Guy in History » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:15 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:You sound like a real winner. Why are you going through trash cans?


I found a full bottle of acetaminophen with dope in it. Why the fuck do you think?
Image

A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time. A man does not die of love or his liver or even of old age; he dies of being a man. Death is a distant rumor to the young. Life is eternal, and love is immortal, and death is only a horizon; and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.
User avatar
Some Guy in History
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2410
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:26 am

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:05 am

Because you're a homeless drug addict with a mild headache?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 24643
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Some Guy in History » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:26 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:Because you're a homeless drug addict with a mild headache?


Yup. I also pick food out of the trash cans, even when I'm not starving. I sit for hours staring off into space, sitting in alleys or bushes.
Image

A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time. A man does not die of love or his liver or even of old age; he dies of being a man. Death is a distant rumor to the young. Life is eternal, and love is immortal, and death is only a horizon; and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.
User avatar
Some Guy in History
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2410
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:26 am

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Otto_West » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:22 pm

When you're sitting in alleys and bushes what do you do to preoccupy your time with?
Your entire world of fantasy and make believe is doomed, have a nice day.
User avatar
Otto_West
Doom Pornographer
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm
Location: Dumbfuckistan- Will Work For Depreciating (FRN) Shekels.

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Pandora » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:15 pm

Have you ever experienced walking into a room and seeing all the roaches randomly scatter away into all the nooks and crannies they can find as you turn on the light? Well, I think it's the same way with humans as they come face to face with bare reality and their own being. It's amazing just how much of human creativity is about providing buffer between reality and the self.
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3797
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Pandora » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:43 pm

I don't like it!! So?! What is it with this modem prissy attitude? Someone's got an idea that life's like being at a restaurant and going down a fucking menu. I like this, I don't like that. It doesn't always work like that in life, in fact, that would be an exception rather than the rule. If an enemy comes to your house will you say I don't like this particular enemy I want another one, or why don't you come in the evenings instead of mornings, when I'm ready. I'm seeing a lot of those picky challenge-seekers. Seeking custom challenges and then proclaiming themselves heroes and masters. Give me a break. There is a crucial difference between overcoming something you CHOSE to overcome and something you HAD TO overcome, because for the former you were ready beforehand, and the latter, the one you did not pick, is the one that really tested your abilities.
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3797
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: A Thread To Talk About Anything.

Postby Otto_West » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:57 pm

Pandora wrote:I don't like it!! So?! What is it with this modem prissy attitude? Someone's got an idea that life's like being at a restaurant and going down a fucking menu. I like this, I don't like that. It doesn't always work like that in life, in fact, that would be an exception rather than the rule. If an enemy comes to your house will you say I don't like this particular enemy I want another one, or why don't you come in the evenings instead of mornings, when I'm ready. I'm seeing a lot of those picky challenge-seekers. Seeking custom challenges and then proclaiming themselves heroes and masters. Give me a break. There is a crucial difference between overcoming something you CHOSE to overcome and something you HAD TO overcome, because for the former you were ready beforehand, and the latter, the one you did not pick, is the one that really tested your abilities.

Well said.
Your entire world of fantasy and make believe is doomed, have a nice day.
User avatar
Otto_West
Doom Pornographer
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm
Location: Dumbfuckistan- Will Work For Depreciating (FRN) Shekels.

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users