Suicide rates among Farmers

I recently came across an info graphic in Discovery Magazine, showing a troublesome and puzzling data which points to HIGHER suicide rates among farmers and agriculture workers.

discovermagazine.com/2017/oct/su … -1992-2010

Some causes that were pointed out in my research. This appears to be a world-wide phenomenon:

farmersweekly.co.za/opinion … challenge/

euractiv.com/section/agricu … udy-shows/

According to this report, one of the major causes of suicide among Canadian farmers is the farmers’ attitude of self-reliance and independence (and isolation), or, as they say, a stigma associated with seeking help:
globalnews.ca/news/3806218/focu … al-health/

Suicide rate of Farmers are explained by Normal movie. Men are obsolete.

TIL

Whites commit suicide more because whites are more fem of center.

And the next big agricultural market collapse for the United States is right around the corner…

“Farmers and Agricultural workers” is going to be 95% dirt poor people who pick crops during harvest. Isn’t seasonal farm work some of the lowest paying work there is? I would imagine any demographic that slants poor would also slant for a higher than average suicide rate, yeah?

The agricultural market right now and for awhile now is a big bubble where it will eventually pop. The same thing happened in the 1930’s where big banks stripped the houses, property, and land of farmers.

When Monsanto introduced non renewable seeds in India (meaning got the government to banish all natural seeds), suicide rates among farmers went through the roof.

A non renewable seed is a seed that produces crop that doesn’t produce fertile seeds. So you have to buy them every season from Monsanto.
I think US crop is also mostly non-renewable cancershit like that.

Dentists, incidentally, appear to have the highest suicide rates.

Big corporations come in and squeeze all the small time farmers out.

Also, the amount of debt small time farmers get into just to keep afloat staying open for business. Eventually debt and compound interests wins.

I would think that might be true for domestic workers, but not for migrant workers, who compose the majority of agricultural work force. They may be dirt poor where they work, but not where they send their money back to and permanently live at.