Why I hate Rap

Lets look at average self image of the rapper,
average subject of the rap,
general mind-set and situations applied.

mucias—is that all poetry is ?. when rap reaches a certain level it is nothing more then poetry over beats, or , truth over beats. you can rearange all your fake thoughts, into aesthetic compositions, making your fake thoughts become; your real art. when your thoughts are your art, you are yourself.

DAN–lets look at the INDIVIDUAL ! , you are an individual sterio typer. so are you b. m. w.

which leads to a better question: why arent t.v.s round?

…and you are someone whose posts I’d more effectively understand if proper punctuation was used. :smiley: No offense, of course… :wink:

Again, I will quote myself:

I’m stereotyping people, you say? Perhaps to some degree this may be true. I’d like to think that humanity is made of of patterns and forms of consistency in our values. I’m very much against racism in all ways, but it would be unfair for me to say I have no idea of how racism for began.

This is how racism began. Racism is an invalid, injust way of stereotyping people. Classifying a type of music as “primarily bad” is not.

:wink:

I tend to judge a culture or a trend by ots peaks rather than its average.
Pleaee, then, enlighten me on the path of rapdom.

A trend, which on any average day is “bad”, will allways have both good and bad peaks. But it is the trend’s average record that has the most day-to-day impacts on society. :wink:

“adler tell these fools to get up off my grammer”

Get up off his grammer! It’s the message that counts homies!

Rap has a unique African background you know. Some types of Africans would be out all day hunting and having painful adventures and whatnot. Then, they would come home and make up songs about it at the end of the day to tell, and I suppose, entertain the others in the tribe. This is what rap is to a degree.

It’s the only music that I can think of that is about doing things and living a certain life-style. Of course not all of it’s real. You have no idea how many guys I knew from jail that were in for pitbull fighting, and rape related to motel parties just like they show in rap videos.

Screw that. Or, rather, leave that to the sociologists.

A culture’s intrinsical value is established by its foremost achievers. You may talk of a general direction, or a wide spirit that emanates from its mass of constituents, but that is a highly unproductive method to define a culture. While the general context sets a direction, it is the accomplishers who give its form and conture. A great culture defines itself in reference with one of its cultural leaders, usually a man who is considered to have been a complete assessment of the national spirit plus a sprinkle of individual genius.
The English have Shakespeare, the Germans like to think of Goethe as the universal man, the Italians have Leonardo, the Spaniards Cervantes, and so on.
In a dense thicket of trees, you take the tallest tree as a point of reference and you guide yourself by it.

adler, that sucks you had to be around prison. you should replace that part of your memoory with a flower garden. i think we need to make a distinction between rap and gangster rap. gangster rap is scary.

Yeah, rap can be fun but what I’m talking about is gangster rap. Many rappers are really clever and some give a good social message.

GH you really do have a galactic heart there buddy! Working in prison left a little black mark on my soul that resulted in feelings of alienation. A flower garden sounds good.

Here’s to still waters!

Gangsta rap is pretty hilarious- silly but harmless. Unless you’re so weak minded that you base your life on it. :unamused:

If I want to hear someone talk, I’ll make conversation. It’s the ultimate “live show.” If I want to hear music, I’ll listen to a recording, because I expect a certain thing…

The point: you don’t have to be able to sing to be a successful music artist.

Another point: you don’t have to be able to sing (well) to be a good music artist. Blues, for example, really isn’t about the singing.

Hello F(r)iends,

98% of ALL music sucks. 99% of Rap music sucks. It is a pretty significant percentage difference though.

-Thirst4Metal

I love that Simpsons episode where they are watching the Cosby show and Bill is moaning about how the young people listen to the rap music…

Fine with me. Again, I do not mean to be a pest — all I want to do is understand what he is tring to tell me. It’s to his own benefit to do so…I really could otherwise careless. :wink:

Yeah, I suspect that GH has many special hidden qualities.

Anyway, on the news this morn a child sex ring was arrested. The adults involved were black guys who had Pimp of the Year trophies in their house. I doubt that such “awards” existed before rap. People are living the dream. Certainly, it’s not the Dr. King one, though.

You’ve made terrific points, TheAdlerian.

I see gangster rap as a plague on urban youth. If you take a large group of poor, uneducated, desperate individuals and taunt them with stories of how you overcame gunshots and welfare checks and rose to iconic status, you enable these people to set forth on a path of destruction. Very few aspiring rappers will escape from the ghetto, the majority of them ending up in body bags.

Gangster rap promotes a false sense of hope. It romanticizes illegal and lethal behavior with promises of elevation of status and honor. Children will listen to these promises and see themselves rapping about their own former lives. This is hope for them, and it will sell. It’s marketing at it’s most vile.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say that an individual like “50 Cent” comprehends these malicious marketing tactics, but I have no doubt that record companies know exactly what their agendas are.

Mean while, my heart breaks for these kids who are being so viciously misled.

He knows.

If anyone has ever seen the movie ‘crash’ there is a scene where Terrance Howard’s character is forced to make a sound/scene sound more ‘black’ at the advice/order of one of the white higher ups.

I would suspect the only ones left in the dark are those who don’t have the neccessary information to put all of this stuff together. Anyone who can look in from the outside can see what’s going on… that is, if they’re not a moron.

its bad also, when people listen to gangsta rap, and drive. because now its like their in grand theft auto, streets of london…IN NEW YORK. the kids that get stoned and listen to gangsta rap get so mean…they soak it all in an enter a bad dream. and im not talking just about kids in the ghetto.–im from suberbia, and when suburbia kids get stoned and listen to gangsta rap, sooner or later they are punching me in the face from behind.