[movie] Troy

Indeed, that does sound like a pretty good movie.

Just please, for the love of God, don’t watch the movie - very loosely! - based upon Jason and the Golden Fleece.

Gawd, that movie sucked!

Sucked as in cheesy effects and wholly rewritten story - quite different from original story.

Really?

Can someone hand me my pills, please.

Aka. The Argonauts.

Niclas,

The movie was based on the Iliad.

Just a zany thought here: Maybe Niclas just hit upon an unexpected discovery. Maybe it was based on Jason and the Argonauts, very, very badly done. So badly done, in fact, that it ended up resembling the material from the Iliad somehow. In the end they called it Troy in an effort to salvage the whole miserable thing. Eh? Eh?

Well, I didn’t see any sheep in it.

Wait, are you talking about Troy, or the movie Manifested was talking about.

Which movie was that?

In case of acute amnesia let me remind the rest of you that some of the users - inspired by Manifested’s query whether other adaptions of Greek stories had been made - were discussing other movies - sometimes very loosely - based upon other pieces of Ancient Greek litterature and stories.

I was referring to another movie based upon the story of Jason and the Argonauts.

To sum up: TheAdlerian failed to read my post correctly, despite that seeming as an easy a task for others, and continued to make an ass about himself, making the joke on him instead of me.

Can we move on to the real discussion, please - I have no interest in making this being about users disrespecting each other?

Niclas,

I left my Cosmic Decoder Ring in my other pants when I responded to your post.

Ok, I think that was on Scifi recently.

It only cost me approximately four and half minutes to read the entire thread, and it completely surpassed anthing having to do with “Troy”, the movie about a book of antiquated greatness that it wasn’t really based upon, other than basic names and places.

Take this thread over the movie, the hilarity is incomparable. LMAO.

Oh yeah, I’ve had great fun with this thread.

Anyone hear about the film version of Frank Miller’s 300?

Its about the Spartans at the Battle of Thermopylae. I’m hoping it will be the epic that Troy was not.

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=12330

Cool, that might be worth seeing, just wait for the trailer.

The trailer probably won’t be up for a while considering its scheduled for next year.

NO!!!

Yes, yes I know. It helps me to think that we have Snakes on a Plane coming out to hold us over.

Hope has come at last.